• Power Metal
  • Brutal Metal
  • Industrial Metal
  • 8-bit Metal
  • Gaming Metal
  • Dubstep Metal
About the only genre missing is Rusty Metal ;o
=O awesome
It is interesting to come across a "recent" video of a band you thought was long dead and gone
The Shirts - Only the Dead Know Brooklyn

This is the hit song for which I remembered the band.
Pepper

An odd song, but one I've always dug.
Pepper, a classic from the butthole surfers ^^. I did not think you listened to punk, Emmy.
In the same vein the kids aren't alright

edit: The official video music video pepper

fyi: my better half has every butthole surfers album - it made her day to come home and hear me playing the full ElectricLarryLand album - Emmy.
Kiho said:
Pepper, a classic from the butthole surfers ^^. I did not think you listened to punk, Emmy.
I like all kinds of different things, I guess. I only like a few bands, but I like different songs by different people. If that makes sense.

Black_Rock_Shooter said:
NSFW
Their whole shtick reminds me of a less family friendly version of The Aquabats! almost.
Cade said:
Coheed and Cambria - Ten Speed of God's Blood and Burial

I'm turning into such a fucking pleb.
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edit: This still creeps the shit out of me, but it's a great song.
otaku_emmy said:
Edit: This still creeps the shit out of me, but it's a great song.
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - good song with an AWESOOOMMMME video! I did not find it creepy, but it was an amazing piece of cinematography.
Nasty Little Thoughts

Something a bit different. A pretty chill album to have playing in the background.
Started watching Log Horizon, the Log Horizon - OP sounds like a cut from Rage Against the Machine.
Rob Scallon can fucking play anything on anything. Ever. Period.
Master of Puppets like you probably never heard it before.
Metalica - Exit Sandman rofl
I'm sick of music elitism. Every song I listen to on youtube, I see pretentious assholes circlejerking about how enlightened they all are for listening to [insert literal who] instead of top 40 pop music. It's a meaningless thing to take pride in.

And I'm not your fucking comrade just because we like the same noise either.
Cade, товарищ, you actually read the user comments on youtube?????
Cade said:
And I'm not your fucking comrade just because we like the same noise either.
I'm a bit the opposite in that regard. Since I like some bands that most people haven't even heard of, it'd blow my mind if I met someone else who liked them.

Like, one time I was buying a CD (or two?) for my birthday. It was Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. The girl at the register actually knew who he was and who The Mars Volta were, and she liked their music too. That simple memory has stuck with me all this time.

I feel like enjoying the same music can be a huge enhancement to any friendship or relationship.
Black Coffee - Free Will The accompanying video of the Lafayette Escadrille dog fighting the Luftwaffe is pretty cool.
So I am searching for a clip from Miss kobayashi's Dragon Maid.....and in the results is a music video from the Children of the Dragon Maiden - True Suvior (silly) Children of the Dragon Maiden - Todos Me Miran (Natalia Oreiro Metal) Way sillier. Ok, this is Hispanic Metal. All their videos appear to be silly parodies.....and way better than that Mariachi band shit that it seems Every Low Rider in my old home town in California had blasting out of it. Why didn't this and all that wonderful symphonic gothic metal of Erszebeth-Invocación and Nostra Morte - Perséfone make it north of the border?
Sometimes Youtube takes you to silly places. Not bad, I really like bands with a sense of humor. It reminded me of A Plea For Purging and Jarrod Alonge

Also symphonic metal and power metal seems to be particularly popular in Scandinavia. Maybe music taste is related to location?
I was watching "Lady Snowblood" today, and I instantly recognized this song from Kill Bill Vol. 1.

See, I didn't realize "Lady Snowblood" was like a template for that first Kill Bill movie until I started watching it. It's pretty obvious though.