The Battles' album "La Di Da Di" is one of the greatest things I have ever heard in my entire life. If you like weird, funky stuff I'd definitely recommend it.
otaku_emmy said:
The Battles' album "La Di Da Di" is one of the greatest things I have ever heard in my entire life. If you like weird, funky stuff I'd definitely recommend it.
Definitely off the "beaten track" Equally interesting is that the band is composed of clean cut, normally dressed, middle aged men in decent physical shape.
I once read a funny comment that likened them to a dads' garage band that's actually better than what the passerby would guess upon seeing them. XD

And "The Yabba" is definitely my favorite song off the album.
RIP Dmitri Hvorostovsky - passed away yesterday from a brain tumor, only 56. ;( One of the most amazing baritones ever.

In the link above, he sings Где-То Далеко (Somewhere far away - One of the theme songs of семнадцать мгновений весны - 17 moments of spring - the link opens with a piano solo of <somewhere far away> at ~55 seconds in.)

Edit: A few interesting facts about Dmitri:
  • He was called the golden baritone because he could hold a perfect note.
  • He started his career as the lead singer of a rock band.
  • He was "discovered" while performing in a Paris night club.
i've been a total game OST fag recently all i listen to lol but anyways this song kills it ;)
onisonfire said:
i've been a total game OST fag recently all i listen to lol but anyways this song kills it ;)
To think the same composer wrote this as well as majority of the Dark Souls franchise. You wouldn't have thought it really xD
Jack_Le_Breton said:
To think the same composer wrote this as well as majority of the Dark Souls franchise. You wouldn't have thought it really xD
well, I can hear it now that you mention it. Same 'arcing' kinda style of composition.
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars

Might be all emo and stuff, but I still really like the song.
The best Touhou cover I've ever seen:
東方 [Piano] Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial 『4』

Obscure bit of game ost that I think is actually really good:
Diablo 2 - Outtake 1
Too bad it didn't fit the game's theme. It never made it in so it's not well known.

Pendulum - Different
Pendulum - Mutiny
Lurking About in a Cold Sweat (Held Together by Venom)

I can't get over how fucking smooth and dreamy this is. The entire album is pure gold.
Some folk metal, they also have some songs that is a mix between folk and melodic death metal

Some melodic death, started as a one man project (his first solo songs were pretty good, he played each instrument and composed), then evolved into a full band

And some heavy metal a somewhat old band, still quite good
...After Cops being on the air for nearly 30 years, I only now realized that the theme song is an actual, whole song.
The soundtrack to "Reigns: Her Majesty" is one of the best albums I've heard in a while. Jim Guthrie is so freaking good.

The Smell of Dirt Is in the Air and Forever, Forever, Forever are two of my favorite tracks.
Emmy, how do you find so many youtube videos that are blocked in Russia, I have no trouble finding other versions, that are available here, but......

Difference a Day Makes
Weird that Russia would bother to block a game soundtrack. Although I have no idea how that stuff works.

Anyway, maybe look it up on Bandcamp, if Russia has that?

Or, wait. Here's the soundtrack on Jim's own website.
It is not Russia, it is youtube, or rather the person who posted, set certain restrictions.
Yeah, I was thinking it might be something like that.

It's a shame that people feel the need to...restrict things like that. Especially when it's something as harmless as beautiful music.
So, Emmy, you like to silly dances? This song is for you. :) (Compilation of funny dances to the hit ' 90s)