For future reference, do you guys think we should use the Japanese names for the characters in Flower Knight Girl or should we use the actual name of the flower?
otaku_emmy said:
For future reference, do you guys think we should use the Japanese names for the characters in Flower Knight Girl or should we use the actual name of the flower?
If I remember correctly, others booru used the actual name of the flower, so I think we should stick with that.
But...hmmm...it's true that cohesion with other boards is important, but I feel like it makes more sense to use the recognizable name of the flower (the way they are on the game's Wiki).

I feel the average user would be able to understand "Easter Cactus" better than "Hoshikujaku". Since they're flower girls, you'd instantly know what flower they were from the tag.
otaku_emmy said:
But...hmmm...it's true that cohesion with other boards is important, but I feel like it makes more sense to use the recognizable name of the flower (the way they are on the game's Wiki).

I feel the average user would be able to understand "Easter Cactus" better than "Hoshikujaku". Since they're flower girls, you'd instantly know what flower they were from the tag.
Didn't understand it like that, though the girls had a name, and a flower name.
Still, the english name is far better than the japanese.
Instead of appending (flower_knight_girl) to the character's name, why not append the name of their flower, or their real name as makes sense?
We could do that too. That's not a bad idea.
otaku_emmy said:
Traps aren't trans or gender neutral. They're just guys who like to dress as girls for either their own pleasure or for attention. A lot of the time they're actually straight. "Trap" was never meant to be a term used to represent real people. It was an anime trope.

I think the thing that ruined traps was people not understanding what traps actually are and SJWs getting ahold of it and people beating that "Are traps gay?" meme in to the ground.

It should be noted that drag queens aren't traps either.
otaku_emmy said:
Yeah! That's what I was thinking!

Then he doesn't even really count as a trap since he's not purposefully trying to look like a female or act like one.

But everyone sees him and labels him as a trap on the internet.
The definition for the trap tag may need to be clarified. Or maybe we should change it to otoko_no_ko and alias trap like danbooru did.

My definition of a trap is of course based solely on Japanese anime, manga and games. So it's basically synonymous with 男の娘 (otoko no ko). Simply put, a boy that one would naturally assume is a girl is a trap.

• A boy that tries to look and act like a girl but can't do so convincingly would not be a trap.
  • A boy that looks and sounds like a girl regardless of his intentions would be a trap.
Given the nature of this site, I would assume that the majority of our userbase would see it that way. While I know nothing about Astolfo, kinoshita_hideyoshi is a good example. He doesn't try to look or act like a girl and he doesn't even like people treating him as one. Yet our memberbase has tagged 50 of the 51 images we have of him as trap.
For..."anime" purposes, it's basically any male that looks female. So if it's a guy wearing women's clothing it's a trap. Men don't usually wear dresses and skirts. They don't usually wear things like hair clips either.

Some of the "traps" on this site don't even actually look like girls at all (post #22525 for example). And sometimes we base "trap" off of an overall feminine appearance as opposed to strictly what they're wearing. Like, some of the traps here are obviously boys because their dongs are out.

Anyway, I think the tag itself is fine. We don't need to change it. The thing I wondered aloud about Astolfo was just...a thought.

We shouldn't bother ourselves with the politics of real world...cross dressers either. The thing you quoted first was me lamenting how the trope is being applied to real humans now. In my opinion, "traps" should only be an anime thing. "Cross dresser", "transsexual", "catfish", etc. are all terms that are being ignorantly replaced by "trap".

Edit: Ah, I see. Dan changed it to be PC. Huh. That's kind of funny to me.

I don't know then. I'll just say Dan uses way more complicated and "in depth" tagging than we do. Changing stuff seems pointless to me. It's not like anyone's complained, and someone would then have to take on the extra mental work of figuring out what to call characters who are just cross dressing, characters who are androgynous, characters who are trans, characters who have dicks but are wearing stockings/lingerie/bikinis, characters who look feminine but are actually male (which happens a lot with shouta, which we don't tag for), etc.
I guess I should have said, "Simply put, a trap is a boy that one would naturally assume is a girl before undressing".

I wasn't suggesting changing what we tag as trap. I think our taggers understand the concept well enough and are using the tag as I would expect it to be used.

I was only suggesting changing the tag description and or name to more clearly describe what the tag is for.

As for Danbooru, I believe they use the tag the same way we do in practice. They do have tags for a lot of things we don't tag at all. But I don't see that specific tag's use as any more or less complicated.
According to that wiki they don't use "trap" at all now because of "certain communities". I've never even heard of some of the alternate terms that page listed.

I see what you mean though. Our wiki entry for the tag isn't stellar. I can try to think of something, if that helps.

Sorry I misunderstood. That Dan wiki confused me a little I guess. :p

Edit: Kay, I updated the wiki. It's fleshed out more now, I think.
... According to the new wiki page, the tag would include okama and transsexuals regardless of appearance. Is that really how we want to use that tag? I'm fairly sure that's not how we have been using it, nor is it how the general "anime" community uses the term. I'd vote strongly against that.

*Edit: Try to find a character that doesn't look female (aside from genitalia/chest areas) labeled as a trap on any truly anime oriented site. That won't be easy to do. We don't want to label all these other things as traps just because we don't have individual tags for them.
Well I removed it.

So. I don't know. I don't know how to make this more PC. We've been tagging all feminine looking males as "traps" this whole time. A lot of the time "trap" isn't even present upon uploading because the user didn't know it WAS a male (that's why I always check the sources).

I can't even think of any image examples which feature someone who is supposed to be truly trans.

Edit: I think a lot of these changes come from people trying to make fictional, impossible characters relate to real human beings and human labels. I don't cater to that mindset, but I won't fight any future changes to Konachan if someone wishes to make them. In regards to all this.
PC? Politically correct? I don't think we really need to go down that road.

otaku_emmy said:
I think a lot of these changes come from people trying to make fictional, impossible characters relate to real human beings and human labels.
Are you sure it's not the opposite? Couldn't it be that people are trying to take a term that originated in anime circles and adapt it to real life? This term was in use in anime circles when I was a child, so it's at least 30 years old. Quote: "It's a trap because it looks just like a girl". I didn't even know it was used in other social circles until you brought it up and I was exposed to a lot of slang when I was young. And I can't find any similar definition for the word on Wikipedia or any dictionary. I would assume any mainstream use it's getting is only recent.

Anyway, this is apparently the reason Danbooru changed the tag to otoko_no_ko. By doing so, they avoid disputes like this regarding it's meaning.
That's what I'm saying, yeah. They changed "trap" because they decided it wasn't an appropriate term anymore.

But no one's said anything about changing it here. So far me and you are the only ones talking about it. No one's complained about it being offensive or not accurate enough a term.

However, upon rereading the wiki and checking Dan's posts, and upon further consideration, "otoko_no_ko" would indeed be a better term to use (for Konachan). I don't mind doing that. So long as males who are obviously being presented in a feminine way are tagged with something representing that.
Someone actually deleted so many tags today, already undone many, if not all, of them.
Just pointing that out for the mods.
Thank you very much, Shizko. Both for telling us, and for fixing the tags.
Shizko said:
Someone actually deleted so many tags today, already undone many, if not all, of them.
Just pointing that out for the mods.
Well, same guy again for the third time...

Already corrected all of his bullshit.

Edit : And, seriously, how can he even edit rating:e loli posts ??
I banned the account, seems that he keeps creating duplicate accounts.
Kiho said:
I banned the account, seems that he keeps creating duplicate accounts.
Do you think banning my accounts going to stop me?

Shizko said:
Well, same guy again for the third time...

Already corrected all of his bullshit.

Edit : And, seriously, how can he even edit rating:e loli posts ??
It looks like you "corrected" without carefully analyzing the tags. You accidentally removed "loli" tag from some of the explicit loli posts.

I will ravage some tags... at a later time.
Square3 said:
It looks like you "corrected" without carefully analyzing the tags. You accidentally removed "loli" tag from some of the explicit loli posts.
Sure, keep thinking that I actually didn't verified posts's history before undoing.
Square,
you really have a boring life, do you?
Regarding the character the_order_grande:

after some researchs, I found out that she actually called herself Zooey, so should we make zooey_(granblue_fantasy) an alias of the_order_grande or the other way around?
It seems the other boards use "The Order Grande" with "Zooey" being aliased to that, so I think we should leave it.
Can I suggest for having an armpits tag?
Nigga, no one wants to go through the trouble of sorting back through a million images where underarms are exposed just because you want to stick your dick in it. Come on.
Yeah, it'd be too much trouble. Like I've said before, we try to stay away from the very specific tagging methods used by other boards.
Cade said:
Nigga, no one wants to go through the trouble of sorting back through a million images where underarms are exposed just because you want to stick your dick in it. Come on.
Well, I bet it feel better than stick my dick into your okaasan's black hole, nigga.

otaku_emmy said:
Yeah, it'd be too much trouble. Like I've said before, we try to stay away from the very specific tagging methods used by other boards.
Ok, got it. Thanks for the reply :)
voldemor said:
Cade said:
Nigga, no one wants ...
... my dick into your okaasan's black hole, nigga.
Volunteering for a 3-day ban, both of you?
Due to the anime Uma Musume: Pretty Derby, wouldn't it be relevant to create a horsegirl tag? I do not think there are any other horsegirls on the site, so there wouldn't really be a need to search through past pictures right? And if people do know of specific characters that "horsegirl" would apply, they could go tag them. The number shouldn't be that high.
otaku_emmy said:
Unless we get a LOT more horse girls/people, it won't be a very viable tag.
And as far as that goes, someone looking for specifically those characters need only click the tag for the anime.