vgadict said:

Based on the fact there's a special tag just for this game, does that imply that pics from every ero-game released over the past decade also have their own unique tags? If so, that seems like it would lead to a tremendous amount of tag proliferation over time. If not, then why does this specific game merit having it's own tag?
This in itself prove that you don't actually understand how the tagging system works.
Read this, it should answers all of yours questions.
Everything, if it comes from a specific game, anime, visual novel, manga, YouTube channel, printed novel, etc. gets its own copyright tag. That's...what tagging is for.
If there's a copyright, there's a tag.

If there's a character, there's a tag.

If there's an artist, there's a tag.

If there's a visual detail, well better BUCK UP because there's no such thing as special tags here!
Sorry but i'm looking to post images from the game Mirror by Sakura Games however there isn't a tag on it yet and i do not know on how to proceed, i'd appreciate it if someone was kind enough to point me at a direction, is it considered a General Tag if it corresponds to a Copyright? (P.S. i did read the Help: Tags and i'm still lost so please refrain from sending me to read it again and instead explain simply :3 thank you!)
If you don't know how to create copyright, artist or character tags, just type the character names, artist names and copyright (name of the game) into the edit tags window and someone will convert them from general tags to the appropriate type for you.
Thanks a lot for the help :3
Kiho said:
If you don't know how to create copyright, artist or character tags, just type the character names, artist names and copyright (name of the game) into the edit tags window and someone will convert them from general tags to the appropriate type for you.
...Or they could do it right the first time and save someone else the extra work.

To make a new character, copyright, or artist tag, do the following:

For a copyright tag, type "copy:" and then the name of the property. The word "copy", a colon, no space, and then the title.

For a character tag, you do the same but type "char:" instead.

For an artist tag, you do the same but type "artist:"

And please do not create a new artist tag if the artist already has a tag on here.
Thank you very much, ill keep that in mind, sorry for any trouble i might have caused.
Nah, you didn't do anything. Kiho kinda just gave a non answer.
If someone cannot figure out how to set the type of a tag from the help, it is probably better that they don't try. There is also the tag conflict with the name of the game <mirror> with the general tag mirror. It would be better if someone already familiar with tag etiquette and creation handled this as the copyright would be mirror_(game).

There are no images referencing the game Mirror, as far as I was able to ascertain from the image boards to which I have access, although I did see references to it on steam.
True, it's better that they let someone else handle it just in case. But to tell someone just to make seemingly random new general tags instead of telling them how to do it properly seems a bit...counterintuitive.

I fixed the tag for him. I used Google to do so. That wasn't a problem. He just didn't understand that the company name didn't need to precede the title of the game.

As for characters I have to rely purely on the uploaders knowledge, since Mirror is a Western eroge sold on Steam, and it doesn't have an entry in VNDB.