zettai_ryouiki? *looks it up*
Oh, that. Yes, absolutely redundant and subjective. In fact I seem to recall shooting down tagging the area of leg between skirt and thighhigh/stockings before, probably on imouto.
Scifi, you remember we tried to get rid of it, but there was that one user that says he'll keep using. post #68475

I still think it's a pointless tag, I don't mind killing it.
May I ask a question? Why take any of them out? If thay are miss spilled, okay fix it but not take it out. You don't know who/what some one well use to find a image. your just making harder for ppl to find a image. o_O?

I'm just asking, please don't hurt me..... ^_^b
This isn't danbooru, We like simple tags here.
There are also a lot of tags that simply don't get used. (About 75% of the general use tags have less than four instances) Also, some are subjective, so one person might think that a tag would apply, but someone else wouldn't think the same tag would apply. That's why tags like "awesome", "sexy" or "epic" would be frowned upon. (And deleted instantly)

Basically every tag that is commonly used is based off of fact. For example: the name of the characters/show/franchise, the artist, or attributes such as hair color or eye color.
Yes I agree with those tags because those are not part of the image. ^^

Lets say like the tags

carrot --> food
mittens --> gloves
robot
swing

Thay may not be perfect but if one person uses it you can't take it out because if one person uses it thin 2 may use it and thin 4, thin 8, thin 16, thin 32, thin 64 and thin 128. do you see what I'm saying?

And who is this We?
GreenHorn said:
Thay may not be perfect but if one person uses it you can't take it out because if one person uses it thin 2 may use it and thin 4, thin 8, thin 16, thin 32, thin 64 and thin 128. do you see what I'm saying?
If only taggers were like rabbits...
Most tagging is done by a handful of users.
No, what I'm saying is that some one may use one of those tags to find the image thay want even if it is only one that used it you can't take it out because you don't know if some els may use it.
boon its a Oyashiro-sama tag from the image pack, I don't see a need for it and no one uses it.
There are a bunch of rarely used Style tags:

abstract(3)
art_nouveau(9)
icons(1)
illusion(1)
interpreted(5) I'm not even sure what this one is for.
letterboxed(6) Useful, but hardly used.
photomosaic(3) I'm not sure if there are other photomosaics here or not.
pixel(5) I know there are more sprite images on here, but it would take forever to find them.
scanning_artifacts(5) Most crappy scans just get deleted it seems, so this one is kind of redundant.
sprite(1) Same as pixel
text_art(2) Aside from those two images, I haven't seen any other text images here.
The only one I say keep is photomosaic, since it is a true style, but that just my imo.
Most photomosaic that get posted end up deleted because the images they were made from have faults or are low res (other mods, not Sci). It only exists because those 3 are from the image packs.

I will usually delete for any scanning faults, be it artifacts, dust or misaligned. These 5 are explained by looking at who posted them. If it needs fixed you should post to imouto or danbooru.

As far as I know the definition, sprites/pixel art is like in post #25329, but I don't know of any with that. Incidentally, there is a fair chance post #25329 will get killed if I don't forget about it.

No one tags text_art, I've been thru haruhi more than once and never noticed it before.
No one tags letterboxed, abstract and illusion because no one would think to search it.
What do you think about changing black_rock_shooter_(character) to Kuroi_Mato? It's her real name and it will be used in coming Black★Rock Shooter anime.

http://myanimelist.net/character/19706/Mato_Kuroi
Cacha said:
What do you think about changing black_rock_shooter_(character) to Kuroi_Mato? It's her real name and it will be used in coming Black★Rock Shooter anime.

http://myanimelist.net/character/19706/Mato_Kuroi
http://konachan.com/tag_alias
Already done, just waiting for Shuugo to approve them.
The standard used on Kona is AnimeNewsNetwork.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11318
But you do have the right spelling.
I've noticed a a number of images tagged "polychromatic" when they look more "monochrome", or in some cases, "bright"/"colorful".

This is just my opinion and all, of course. I was hoping to get a consensus on the "polychromatic" tag since it doesn't seem all that consistent. It might be used accurately, but not precisely. (Yes, there is a difference in definition. You can have accuracy WITHOUT precision and vice versa.)

I dunno...I guess seeing "polychromatic" to me conjours up images like this and this instead of this or this.

Any ideas?
poly gets on some that look mono in preview because they have a small area of colour. That small bit of colour means you can't tag as monochrome.
post #72622 is just terrible quality anyway, I don't know what damage would be done if I tried to repair it.
SciFi said:
post #72622 is just terrible quality anyway,
Pardon me, but it has a fair good quality as it is(even if it's smaller than the parent). Koro-chan or Naiko-tan said before that Kona-tan isn't for high-quality wallpapers only ... anyway it seems that you can not understand art styles (from my point of view).
It's not like it has a lot of detail and different colours, so there is no reason for all the jpeg artifacts it has.
With or without jpeg artifacts (I can't really locate them thou ... with my eyes at 100%, not with a program at nnn%) it's still good to go and not terrible.

Oh and I disapprove of the delation of the photomosaic tag ... it's there as a style tag, not as a general tag.

And zettai_ryouiki ... ah.... here's what I propose... keeping tags with over 100 posts and deleting non-useful tags with less than 100 posts.

Everything with jpeg artifacts is horrible for you SciFi ... mind that you are not the world, what you don't like someone else might like DESPITE the bad quality/errors/jpeg artifact/scan artifacts/etc (just saying) ... anyway am sure now that you have jpeg_artifact-phobia xD And you must get rid of it~ (no it's not a "do want" or "not want" thing .... it's a "must" thing xDD)
When you can do better why stick to old ways?

What about zettai_ryouiki (126) is useful when you have thighhighs/stockings?
SciFi said:

What about zettai_ryouiki (126) is useful when you have thighhighs/stockings?
I never thought of zettai ryouiki when searching...I've always used Thighhighs or Stocking. Even Garter Belt. To be honest, I think the vast majority of users wouldn't even know what the hell zettai ryouiki is to even search for it. (Seriously, how many people on this site know basic everyday japanese, much less specific terminology like that?)

It can be useful, because it's so specific, but I don't think the usage level would warrant keeping it. I personally wouldn't mind if it got killed.
SciFi said:
Kona's old ways are the best, but I never mentioned anything about the old ways here~ Anyway I request you try (at least try) to not call every single image that you do not like horrible/terrible because many other like them.

Concerning thighhighs with zettai_ryouiki ... it's mostly used for girl standing up ... you can have thighhighs while standing down with the skirt covering the fron, but where is the zettai_ryouiki then? ...
I don't call everything I don't like terrible. It's just without a -1 vote you never notice them all. But that is long enough off topic.

If you want a measure of how unknown Zettai Ryouiki is.. it only has 6 votes in UrbanDictionay.com

camera (52) seems rather pointless.
Does not seem pointless to me. It is a good enough topic to look wallpapers for. Ditto for zettai_ryouiki.

Is UrbanDictionary relevant at all? See how many posts zettai_ryouiki does Danbooru have?

Let's do better reasoning than "seems pointless" or "few posts". Little tags may be good tags.
korokun said:
Is UrbanDictionary relevant at all? See how many posts zettai_ryouiki does Danbooru have?
There is little Danbooru doesn't tag, it just looks absurd.
They have tags like strawberry_milk, bare_tree and danboo. They do very little to nothing to clean up of tags that are never going to be used.

There is a simple way out that no one has taken yet, opt to maintain it, and backdate over the more than 2k of posts that it could apply to. The last person that said they'd do it never did it.

------------
What I meant about camera is it doesn't come up much, when it does most inadvertently won't tag it and can anyone actually think of a time they might search the tag?
SciFi said:
There is little Danbooru doesn't tag, it just looks absurd.
They have tags like strawberry_milk, bare_tree and danboo. They do very little to nothing to clean up of tags that are never going to be used.
1. It is more *relevant* than UrbanDictionary
2. I meant it has many posts. It is a notable moé factor nowadays.
There is a simple way out that no one has taken yet, opt to maintain it, and backdate over the more than 2k of posts that it could apply to. The last person that said they'd do it never did it.
And if/when someone does it in the future, that person can skip these posts.
What I meant about camera is it doesn't come up much, when it does most inadvertently won't tag it and can anyone actually think of a time they might search the tag?
That is what tags exist for. They do not come frecuently, but when you need them, they help. A camera tag is not used to find ALL posts with cameras, it is used to find SOME posts with cameras.
The thing about zettai ryouiki is that it's a Japanese-only term, and relatively obscure at that; correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other language has a term to specificly name the skin area exposed between the hem of a skirt and the top of thighhighs/stockings.

I dunno...Is the target market Otaku, or closer to laymen? If we're assuming a lot of people who visit konachan are heavy otaku, then keep zettai...But if it's laymen mostly, I doubt they'll even what it is/know it exists. I consider myself fairly well versed in JPN culture and the Otaku sub-culture within it, and zettai ryouiki I never heard about until I came across these image boards (kona, moe, dan)...Well, and Sankaku Complex; think it was mentioned on a news post there once or twice. It's just not something you normally see in everyday anime-related activities, unless you're a hardcore otaku.

If anything, I woulda voted to use zettai ryouiki's english equivalent term, just so it makes more sense or easier to remember...But yeah...I don't think one exists. (Kinda like how Seifuku and School_uniform got merged.) It's one of those fringe, outlier factors no one would've thought of to take into consideration when planning something, until it actually pops up.

Camera should stay, I think. It is a legit part of images, but without the obscurity and issues zettai ryouiki brings about.

Anyway, I'll shut-up now...^_^;
Should weapon imply gun? Not many gun images turn up in conjunction with weapon and I'd think gun would be a subset of weapon, no?

Though weapon should imply sword/scythe also if that's the case...