This topic is locked.

So, My first upload was deleted off the site.
By who, I don't know.

All I know is that they gave me absolutely no reason for deletion, and my resolve has been completely weakened (to upload more).

It was tagged correctly, before you ask.
So were my first two. Don't take so much offence, the mods have quality pretty much under control. Most of the good wallpapers are already on the site. Did you check to see if there was a duplicate? Also anything with jpeg artifacts will get deleted as mine did.
I've checked your upload. It was initially approved by a mod.

It's probably not bad enough to be deleted but it's not very good either. The character has been vectored by vectormagic or another automatic vector tool, and there's some jpeg artifacts in the background itself.

In any case anybody can see the reasons why it was deleted by going directly to the post, or by clicking on your username and then on the deletions list. Is not that we hide why it was deleted.
No particular reason is when it's deleted as something like "Not Approved for 3 days", like my first one was (I don't know when it got undeleted though).
We don't delete for bad tagging, though it can make it harder to get approved.

In any case, practice more and turn up JPEG compression to 95-99% quality or switch to PNG. (I recognise it but I don't recall killing any shana of late)
Sorry for being blonde, but your post was approved, what are you talking about?
Cuda007 said:
Sorry for being blonde, but your post was approved, what are you talking about?
It was probably just undeleted.

Shuugo said:
It's probably not bad enough to be deleted but it's not very good either.
Shuugo said:
It's probably not bad enough to be deleted but it's not very good either.
I'd say - "That's just like, your opinion, man". But I don't know whether you're referring to artistic quality or just image quality.

Shuugo said:
The character has been vectored by vectormagic or another automatic vector tool
Um. It was completely traced out in illustrator.

Shuugo said:
and there's some jpeg artifacts in the background itself.
I guess I jumped the ship there. Thanks. I'll upload PNGs in the future.
Oh_The_Empty_Bottle said:
I'd say - "That's just like, your opinion, man". But I don't know whether you're referring to artistic quality or just image quality.
Artistic, if it was image I'd have deleted it, shana or not.
For example, there is a chip in the pendant, it should be a smooth 3d-oval
Um. It was completely traced out in illustrator.
SciFi said:
Illustrator has tools to do automatic/semi-automatic tracing too.

As SciFi pointed out the pendant should be oval, while it's not, it's a typical behavior of automatic vectoring tools.
SciFi said:
Man, cut me some slack.

The tutorial I followed suggested that I trace each outline with a 'fills' from the pen tool. Which is why a lot of it came out clunky. Especially the pedant - The image I was tracing from was : http://images3.jlist.com/g5/tsundere_p12.jpg it was extremely hard to make out the little details. So an awful lot of it was guess work. Excuses, I know.

Shuugo said:
Illustrator has tools to do automatic/semi-automatic tracing too.

As SciFi pointed out the pendant should be oval, while it's not, it's a typical behavior of automatic vectoring tools.
I didn't use any automatic tracing. Everything was done tediously by hand.

I mean, it's not your average 'smooth' lined vector, because of course, I didn't use any strokes. But I'll know better next time.

Infact, I'm going to go ahead and do another vector later tonight. With strokes. I'll see how that turns out.

Anyway, thanks guys. I'm glad you are brutally honest with me than anything else.

The tutorial I followed suggested that I trace each outline with a 'fills' from the pen tool. Which is why a lot of it came out clunky. Especially the pedant - The image I was tracing from was : http://images3.jlist.com/g5/tsundere_p12.jpg it was extremely hard to make out the little details. So an awful lot of it was guess work. Excuses, I know.
You should have sought a bigger res then.
http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/89503/
It has its issues, but the bigger image will make details easier to see.
Ah. Uh. Thank you. I probably should've Tinyeye'd for it before I began. But I wasn't sure what the expect, seeing how it was my first try at ever making a vector. Good reference for the future, I suppose.

Also, I think I've just uploaded a vector to suit your standards.
Good evening.

Yet another one of my posts have been removed (for no reason), and to add to that : Someone has taken the leisure of downloading my picture, reuploading it. And here's the kicker : It ended up getting approved -- This in its own kills the assumption that it was removed for being of poor quality.

You know, if I probably wouldn't be complaining if I was given the least bit of credit on the repost, alas -- there's none.
Pantu's posts don't get approved, they upload that way.
You know, if I probably wouldn't be complaining if I was given the least bit of credit on the repost, alas -- there's none.
If you didn't create the whole image, you don't really need credit.
Its the rules, the mods didn't like your post, most of my first post were deleted for the 3 day rule, stop complaining.

Edit: Now that I have time to write.
Stop complaining, all images not approved for three days are delete, which mean a lot of things, mainly none of the mod like the post, we (the mods) not required to approved every image that pops up, as a general for me, if I have any question about quality, size or content I don't approve.

Has for other thing, image quality might not be high enough to approved but not low enough to delete right away, size can be another thing that prevents a image from being approved, another thing is content possibly none of the mods like the content in your images.

Anyways none of your images where deleted for no reason, if fact no image deleted by mod are deleted for no reason (unless its there own image), the 3 day rule has been here since I joined and is going to stay, so all you can really do is just deal with it.
Text above the modqueue:
Only approve of posts that you personally like.
So yes, it is absolutely subjective and unfair.
It might sound a bit arrogant, but nobody forces you to use konachan. It is known to have a (compared to other sites) rather high quality requirement, which i always loved it for.
Xtea said:

If you didn't create the whole image, you don't really need credit.
Okay that's great but I kinda did make it. I only upload content that I've 'made' on this site.

thanks though, champ

Cuda007 said:
Its the rules, the mods didn't like your post, most of my first post were deleted for the 3 day rule, stop complaining.

Edit: Now that I have time to write.
Stop complaining, all images not approved for three days are delete, which mean a lot of things, mainly none of the mod like the post, we (the mods) not required to approved every image that pops up, as a general for me, if I have any question about quality, size or content I don't approve.

Has for other thing, image quality might not be high enough to approved but not low enough to delete right away, size can be another thing that prevents a image from being approved, another thing is content possibly none of the mods like the content in your images.

Anyways none of your images where deleted for no reason, if fact no image deleted by mod are deleted for no reason (unless its there own image), the 3 day rule has been here since I joined and is going to stay, so all you can really do is just deal with it.
Are you, perchance, mad?

The image was favourited 3 times before it was deleted. I get the impression that it was liked. And it was liked enough to get reuploaded.

There's enough injustices on this site to have mods not approve things over 'preference', regardless of other people liking it.

all you can really do is just deal with it.
I want proper, well-rounded reasons why these injustices are about. You clearly aren't giving me these reasons.

makaan said:
So yes, it is absolutely subjective and unfair.
It might sound a bit arrogant, but nobody forces you to use konachan. It is known to have a (compared to other sites) rather high quality requirement, which i always loved it for.
"rather high quality requirement"

Sorry, I don't get this. 'High quality' is an objectively clean and crisp image. It has nothing to do with subjective opinion -- The only things that are gauged subjectively are the contents of an image. I'm not going to point fingers here -- but the consistency of approving images based on 'quality' content is somewhat fickle.
High quality <-> Low quality
Happy? The low quality images that are already on Kona will stay.

If you do not understand our simple ways, I suggest you go on Gelbooru where almost everything stays.
Dude, if you don't like the community here, go find another place to lurk on. Konachan's not the only image board in the world.

A post getting favorited before being deleted means jack: there are people whose standards are low enough (compared to the typical Konachan post) that they'll favorite damn near anything that fancies them...And let's not forget fanboy/-girlism being a factor (I won't delve into this though).

Next, it's been noted in several places on Konachan that it is generally NOT a place to PUBLISH your own work. Edits, fixes, and vectors of pre-existing images are one thing...Your own composition and designs are another. You're better off on Minitokyo or DeviantArt for publishing. If you want credit, dump your stuff there. If you still want it on Konachan, upload a copy here and set the Source to the URL of the DeviantArt or Minitokyo page.

I'm glad the mods here have fairly high standards (pantu's privileges notwithstanding) regarding uploads. Konachan's pretty strict, but there are other sites you can use if you wanted too. (I follow moe.imouto.org also since Kona doesn't allow Portrait images. Most if not all of mods here are involved on Moe also.)

You always have options. Whether you have the energy, will/drive to seek them out and the ability to accept the outcome of your choices is another matter. In theis case, you can adapt to Konachan's community, or go elsewhere. Your choice.

Personally, I like Konachan because it's nice, fairly quiet, and has a cozy feeling to it. If you feel you don't belong here, or are unwelcomed, it might be a better idea to find another community for yourself.

Now, I'm trying to be as level-headed as I can, seeing as this is all text, so nuances in meaning get lost and can be misunderstood. (I myself had that happen here with another long-time user.) So don't take anything I've said so far as a direct attack on you. (You'll know if it is a direct attack when I start using typical 'net vulgarities...) If I'm missing information on a detail that you nkow, please correct/inform me. (For the record, I've yet to see the posts currently in question.)

@MODs - BTW, is pantu the only person (well, beside Shuugo I would assume) that skips the upload approval requirement?
Contributors, mods and the admin are the ones that do not need approval for uploaded images. (and the Janitor rank I think... Janitors have the approve/disapprove option for image, but Kona doesn't have a Janitor)
Are you, perchance, mad?
No, slightly annoyed, but not mad, if I got mad about every thing that happens to me on the net, I would always be mad.

The image was favourited 3 times before it was deleted. I get the impression that it was liked. And it was liked enough to get reuploaded.
Hmmm ok. Soo the people running around that favorite's everything, favorited your post, means nothing.

There's enough injustices on this site to have mods not approve things over 'preference', regardless of other people liking it.
Get use to it, its how most sites are ran. Gaia is the only site I've been on that has strict rule for Mods.

I want proper, well-rounded reasons why these injustices are about. You clearly aren't giving me these reasons.
Go some where else, there are other image boards around.

StahnAileron said:
@MODs - BTW, is pantu the only person (well, beside Shuugo I would assume) that skips the upload approval requirement?
well I had the same thing when I had a Privileged account, but anyone with a Contributor account skips the approval process.
Okay that's great but I kinda did make it. I only upload content that I've 'made' on this site.

thanks though, champ
I mean completely made, as in drawn by you. If you feel everyone should be given credit, why isn't there any sentence or something on post #72261 (for example) that's giving credit to the original artist?

And like Cuda said, just because 3 people favorited your image doesn't mean that it was of high enough quality to stay. There are plenty high-quality wallpapers with low scores.
Just got back from holiday, sure was good.

Thanks guys. Trying to make an argument on a matter you know nothing about. Aside from basically 90% your arguments/reasoning being ad hominem and 10% speculation, I can most certainly say that you'd would make a questionable lawyer in the future.

Also, please stop bending the rules/prerequisites to justify yourself, it makes you look very childlike.

Also, I'm pretty sure Cuda007 is a child, it's like he skipped a logic 101 and decided to go to aggressive little boy 101 instead.

Any credibility the quality control system had before, now has been completely tainted by this website being plastered with AB! pictures. It takes a sure lack of taste to like something like that, it would of course explain why you guys have no idea what quality is, and would further the belief that you approve posts with your penis.

Xtea said:
I mean completely made, as in drawn by you. If you feel everyone should be given credit, why isn't there any sentence or something on post #72261 (for example) that's giving credit to the original artist?
Well, there was this chap, in Japan, fine man, and one time of day, he drew the outline for a few frames of animation some anime, oh and some particular chap decided to colour that in too, OH and the backround artist was a cool cat too.

It's it a real pity they don't credit people for single frames of animation!
You would be a poor lawyer too not abiding by the site rules.
Enjoy your permanent holidays.

Also, I'm pretty sure Cuda007 is a child, it's like he skipped a logic 101 and decided to go to aggressive little boy 101 instead.
Welcome to the internet, Mods can bend the rules a little if we see fit, it is also not a good idea to piss them off, also why are you bringing up this again?

BTW, I've more likely been trolling the inter longer then you, which is were I get my slight aggressive from.