LOL... Interesting. I've never used .net so I didn't know that.

Anyway, even mods normally just see that placeholder thumbnail. I use a simple userscript to replace them with the actual thumbnails though.
Zolxys said:
LOL... Interesting. I've never used .net so I didn't know that.

Anyway, even mods normally just see that placeholder thumbnail. I use a simple userscript to replace them with the actual thumbnails though.
On the contrary, I use .net all the time to avoid explicit posts, so it's not that big of deal to me.

Thank you for the script, it works perfectly!
Found another problem with konachan.net - When browsing through history questionable and explicit posts are not filtered out. Example
http://konachan.com/post/show/195058

I'm starting to notice some of my older comments disappearing. I know I've seen it on some other images, but I can't exactly remember which ones. I'm not sure if this is an error, or if someone is just dicking with me.
I don't really know if it's a bug or not but sometimes konachan just favorites random illustrations that i have not even seen and they appear in my favorites on my profile. Has anyone else noticed this pls tell me so i can be sure if it's a bug or am i just favoriting illustrations and forgetting that i favorited them.

edit:
or is it possible that my account has been compromised?
ssagwp said:
I don't really know if it's a bug or not but sometimes konachan just favorites random illustrations that i have not even seen and they appear in my favorites on my profile. Has anyone else noticed this pls tell me so i can be sure if it's a bug or am i just favoriting illustrations and forgetting that i favorited them.

edit:
or is it possible that my account has been compromised?
Maybe those are vote transfers from old posts? Check "post history" of one of these posts and look for a reference to a parent post. If you find one, click it and see if it was deleted and has 0 votes.
Dummy said:
Maybe those are vote transfers from old posts? Check "post history" of one of these posts and look for a reference to a parent post. If you find one, click it and see if it was deleted and has 0 votes.
It's just like u said, false alarm it's not a bug. Sorry for the inconvenience caused if any.
Dummy said:
Maybe those are vote transfers from old posts? Check "post history" of one of these posts and look for a reference to a parent post. If you find one, click it and see if it was deleted and has 0 votes.
Under normal circumstances, that wouldn't result in new potst showing on his favorite list. We only transfer the votes for replacements (where the old post and the replacement are identical)

If the child post somewhat differs from the parent post, the votes will not get transferred.

> At least when I am the one transferring.

Edit: Just noticed your comment ^^
ssagwp said:
edit:
or is it possible that my account has been compromised?
FYI: While is appears your account was not compromised, if you even vaguely suspect any of you account(s) have been compromised, you should change your passwords immediately.

Because Konachan uses cookies to "keep you logged in", like many social websites, your credentials are subject to cookie thieving (usually compromised websites you visited or unscrupulous third party adverts). Needless to say, if you are caught out, you should also clear your web browser's cache, delete all the cookies and run a virus scan.

While there is really nothing to be gained by someone hacking a konachan account, there is a easy way to get yourself caught out and your account messed with unintentionally. IF you log in from a friend's computer or at an internet cafe and don't use the private browsing feature and close all the browser windows when you finish, konachan will save a cookie on that computer. Anyone else who uses that computer to visit konachan will automatically log in as you!
Not sure if it was reported already, but filtering by -user:name doesn't work (post with Ellen Baker and the Kantoku's scan shouldn't be there).

Of course filtering by user:name works perfectly.
I believe that i have found a bug (or maybe i don't know how to use it properly). When i go to image search and search an image using just source, it says "unrecognized image format". Is it a bug or am i using it wrong. Pls tell.

Thank you and regards.
ssagwp said:
I believe that i have found a bug (or maybe i don't know how to use it properly). When i go to image search and search an image using just source, it says "unrecognized image format". Is it a bug or am i using it wrong. Pls tell.

Thank you and regards.
Give an example of your search, it should work fine.
Dummy said:
Give an example of your search, it should work fine.
example

i copy paste the link and click search.
Yeah, I DON'T think you can search for images that way here.
otaku_emmy said:
Yeah, I DON'T think you can search for images that way here.
so i cant search for images from this search engine this way? http://konachan.net/post/similar
This is how you search for images with a specific source.

The search will match any image that has source that starts with or equals whatever you specify.

You can view all search options here.
Well look at that. That's clever, that is.
Dummy said:
This is how you search for images with a specific source.

The search will match any image that has source that starts with or equals whatever you specify.

You can view all search options here.
It does not work for me, i tried to no avail (maybe because the source link is not correct the same for me).

edit:
yes its the link which is not the same for me.
my link is: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56536563

and the link on the post is: http://i4.pixiv.net/img-original/img/2016/04/26/00/18/09/56536563_p0.jpg

note that they are the links to the same image of this post: post #219382
Well, I don't think you and Dummy quite understood each other, but I could be wrong.

Just to clarify, Dummy's method only searches the text in the source field. I use that at times, though I shorten it to something like source:*56583813*. That will match regardless of whether the source is the file url, "mode=medium" page, sample image url, "mode=manga" page, etc.

But what I thought you meant was that you were trying to perform an actual similar image search and it wasn't working. If you're getting the "unrecognized image format" error, you're not using an image url. The link you posted was to a webpage, not an image.

The image urls for that are: Thumbnail, Preview, Original

Any of those will work. Pixiv doesn't allow direct access to images, but Konachan's server uses a workaround.
Zolxys said:
..............................
Yes that's exactly what i wanted to do and i understand what i have to do.

Thanks for the help.
For some reason when trying to add a post to a pool by using "Options > Add to pool" I get a permission denied error. The usual pool:xyz works just fine. Other advanced editing options (remove, change page, transfer to parent) all seem to work fine.
Dummy said:
For some reason when trying to add a post to a pool by using "Options > Add to pool" I get a permission denied error. The usual pool:xyz works just fine. Other advanced editing options (remove, change page, transfer to parent) all seem to work fine.
Get the pool number, and then edit the tags, and add 'pool:xxx' (or whatever number id the pool is)
Dummy said:
... using "Options > Add to pool" I get a permission denied error.
That's been broken for a couple years.
Holy shit.

Last time I updated was 23 minutes ago, but a few mins ago, the thread updated, and it said I updated it 4 days ago. Did someone just hack me, or is it a bug?

I'm kinds freaking out.
When someone delete their post/comment the thread updates. Since the thread won't show who deleted the post it will instead show the previous post instead. No matter how old the previous post is.
No. When a user X posts in a forum and then deletes the post, it will say it was last updated by user X.

The only case that can really cause confusion is when the first post in a forum topic is edited. The topic's last updated time will change, but the "Updated by" will not.
When I uploaded post #221271, it was tagged as a possible duplicate. SO I clicked on the find duplicate and 2 completely unrelated images (post #182242 and post #157299) (which were also not even close to each other as well) were displayed (in addition to my upload). So why is this happening?
That's happened to me before too.

I think, when I brought it up, I was told to just ignore it as it was some kind error.
Kiho said:
When I uploaded post #221271, it was tagged as a possible duplicate. SO I clicked on the find duplicate and 2 completely unrelated images (post #182242 and post #157299) (which were also not even close to each other as well) were displayed (in addition to my upload). So why is this happening?
That's weird. When searching for similar images it works fine, but when searching for dupes it has false positives. It doesn't look like the algorithm is at fault.
The matching threshold is higher when searching all sites. Try the similar search again and then click "Show more" on the left. It will show you those two images.

It's not a bug or error in this case. They just barely meet the threshold to be considered a match. You'll notice that when you click "Show more" you'll always get a bunch of unrelated results (and sometimes more related results). All that's doing is lowering the matching threshold.