Clicking "Remove" on notes gives "Error: access denied"
Yes, we know. I believe it's been mentioned a number of times now, but for some reason my searches only find one recent result in the comments section.

The only working way to delete a note is to go to the edit history (not the note history) and undo the edit that originally created the note.
Don't know if the problem already occured to someone and has been solved, but I tried the tag blacklist and added two tags of known series but only the first tag seems to be actually working.
For example:
I put as first blacklisted tag "kantai_collection" and as second "touhou" but only kantai collection related post are blacklisted and I am unable to see them, but every touhou related post is shown normally.
When I swap the position of the tags in the blacklist the first to apear in that list is blacklisted, allthe rest not and will be shown despite being in my blacklist.
Anyone know how this happened or any idea how to solve it?
Did you put each tag on its own line, for example

kantai_collection
touhou

If I do this, then both are blocked for me. If you put them on the same line, the behavior is different. Only images with both tags will be blocked. I have not been able to recreate your situation. Make sure you save your settings every time you edit your black list.
Kiho said:
Did you put each tag on its own line, for example

kantai_collection
touhou

If I do this, then both are blocked for me. If you put them on the same line, the behavior is different. Only images with both tags will be blocked. I have not been able to recreate your situation. Make sure you save your settings every time you edit your black list.
I've tried everything until I noticed that I've got TamperMonkey installed in Chrome and a script was causing the problem somehow. I don't know how this is possible but after I turned it of everything worked again as intended.
Thanks for the help though.
Is it possible to run a tag cleanup to delete all the tags with 0 posts or is that still broken? ~11% of all tags have zero posts according to the tag list.
I think it's still broken.
otaku_emmy said:
I think it's still broken.
I wonder if it's in any way related to the 20,000 forum post glitch. We're currently at 941 pages of real tags. That could easily have just been passing 666 2.5 years ago.
Post browser seems to be broken under Chrome. Dragging doesn't work, and the info box doesn't show up.
That hasn't ever worked perfectly even in Firefox. I don't know about other browsers like IE, but I was told 4 years ago that it was a feature that had never been completed. Though there do seem to be more issues with it than there were 4 years ago.
Firefox has changed a lot in 4 years, a lot of of the extensions and plugins I once used have long since stopped working properly in more recent versions of FF, I would think the problem with google's chrome would be even more so. Unfortunately it has been a while since any maintenance has been done on Konachan.
Kiho said:
Unfortunately it has been a while since any maintenance has been done on Konachan.
How difficult would it be to upgrade to newest Danbooru? I'm asking about the server/organizational side of things.
Dummy said:
How difficult would it be to upgrade to newest Danbooru? I'm asking about the server/organizational side of things.
We run moebooru, not original danbooru. I haven't been keeping track if there are changes worth updating for.
slayerduck said:
We run moebooru, not original danbooru. I haven't been keeping track if there are changes worth updating for.
Right, sorry, I meant Moeboru.

I don't think there are any shining new features, but there are many, many bugfixes. yande.re is running on a new version, and over there I don't have any issues reported in this thread.

Honestly, if it's difficult to do, then it's probably not worth to upgrade.
The tag database is loaded with deadwood, subscription updates have not run in 2.5 years and certain forums have lost sync between the last post and the last page. If there are bug fixes, maybe some these issues would be fixed?
Kiho said:
The tag database is loaded with deadwood, subscription updates have not run in 2.5 years and certain forums have lost sync between the last post and the last page. If there are bug fixes, maybe some these issues would be fixed?
All of these are fixed in Moeboru 5.0.0, which is running yande.re at the moment.
I'll look into it, no promises doe.
off topic

Mod edit: This discussion belongs in the "Shaun of the dead forum"
off topic

Mod edit: This discussion belongs in the "Shaun of the dead forum", please don't respond at lennnnngth to off topic posts! Direct the individual to the proper forum and post there.
off topic
off topic
off topic
A question regarding:
C4R10Z123GT said:

Its somekind of error or bug?

And what does "HTTP/1.1 418: I'm a teapot" means?
Kiran said:
Hi, I'am getting "Error. Server reply: 418 I'm a teapot." when tried to upload http://konachan.com/post/show/129813 , anything can be done with this and why I'am getting this error? Thx.
and
秀悟 said:
Because it's loli and it's rated explicit.
This content is not allowed due to the location of the server.
If it is not allowed due to the location of the server, why allow the posting in the first place? (allowed to upload but not for viewing?) Or by server, do you mean as in where we are connecting from?

Sorry if it is a repeated question.
flexhorma said:
If it is not allowed due to the location of the server, why allow the posting in the first place?
Cuz...of the location of the server. Duhh.

And whenever someone uploads rating:e loli, the teapot sign is there, which means only mods can see that post. Just...no explicit loli please, because the rules say so.
If someone without special clearance uploads explicit loli, it can simply be deleted. However, sometimes people with automatic approval mistakenly upload explicit loli. In this case, the appropriate tags and ratings are put in place so that no one besides Mods will be able to view it.

I was told that we don't delete all of the existing explicit loli content just in case it's ever decided by Admins to start allowing it. Since most people still prefer us not to have that content, those images stay hidden.
flexhorma said:
... why allow the posting in the first place?
The answer is simple: Tags aren't reliable.

Preventing the upload of explicit loli doesn't work if the uploader leaves the post rated questionable or leaves off the loli tag. Once a member fixes the rating and/or adds the missing loli tag, the post should be unavailable without the need for a staff member to notice it and delete it.

This method was good enough and there was no need to further modify the sites' code.
mattiasc02 said:
- snip -
otaku_emmy said:
- snip -
Zolxys said:
- snip -
Ahh.. Got it, thanks for the explanation.
didn't look like anyone noticed but i moved konachan to a different server today, there was a 40 min window where i dumped database and imported & synced it where anyone making changes could have potentially lost them when i switched. Didn't think I'd be that important and i was to lazy to announce the move but it was done with no downtime.
slayerduck said:
didn't look like anyone noticed but i moved konachan to a different server today, there was a 40 min window where i dumped database and imported & synced it where anyone making changes could have potentially lost them when i switched. Didn't think I'd be that important and i was to lazy to announce the move but it was done with no downtime.
Oh I noticed. :p

But that explains what happened earlier.