I think a screenshot of what your seeing would help explain what your saying.
Uh, yeah. What are you talking about? There is no check until you upload it to the server. The server can't check a file until it has the file.

If you're that worried about duplicates/similar images, use the Find Similar page instead.
You don't get a report back on the upload page? I do.
It may be something to do with the browser because I have seen FF generate a thumbnail before the site had uploaded the image.

Checks against a smaller res adds an extra error margin into the mix. I've had Dan fail on dupe check only to find it when I looked by artist.
We all use the same DB engine fo rthe dupe/similar search. To be honest, ever since we off-loaded it to Imouto, it's been flaky. Imouto ISP/Server problems affects that feature as well. However, we can't do anything about it anymore. We dumped hosting the service because it raped the server's resources. It's not optimized much from what Shuugo tells me. Imouto has a much beefier server, so we figured it could handle it.

I use IE8 most of the time, plus I tend to search for dupes manually via width/height search when I think of uploading an image (especially from popular Pixiv artists.) I do it manually because I know the image search algorithm has limitations to it. Aspect Ratio difference can screw the search and give you no hits when there should be, especially if the image contents are offset relative to one another.

Bunny, what browser are you using? You never mentioned that fact and that's a VERY useful piece of info.

Maybe...
Ah. The first search is going through active and pending images.
The 2nd check has included archived deleted posts.
Oh, right, it does do that. If an exact dupe of an image is on the site but deleted, you'll have to ask a mod to look over the Post # to see if any of us want to undelete it (assuming it was deleted due to the 3 day rule. Check the reason on the post page first before asking.)
Ok, thank you and sorry.
I can't seem to access my original account, obscene99, anymore. I've typed in everything correctly, even the password, but it keeps saying that it's the wrong password. My firefox works perfectly with this site, and I read about some recent filesystem corruption. Plus, part of the problem is that I was dumb enough to forget to include an email address in obscene99, so I can't change the pass.

So maybe a mod can reset my pass?
counterfeit99 said:
I can't seem to access my original account, obscene99, anymore. I've typed in everything correctly, even the password, but it keeps saying that it's the wrong password. My firefox works perfectly with this site, and I read about some recent filesystem corruption. Plus, part of the problem is that I was dumb enough to forget to include an email address in obscene99, so I can't change the pass.

So maybe a mod can reset my pass?
The database was not affected by the filesystem corruption as it's on another HD.
Provide in a dmail your IP and the e-mail you used to register it and I'll see what I can do.
I've never been able to upload off a file from the computer (the Source option works fine, of course). I find it strange because I can do an image search off a file just fine. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my computer, or just something the site won't let me do. Can someone answer that for me (it's been bugging me).
PAIIS said:
I've never been able to upload off a file from the computer (the Source option works fine, of course). I find it strange because I can do an image search off a file just fine. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my computer, or just something the site won't let me do. Can someone answer that for me (it's been bugging me).
Did you try another browser?
. . . Safari's the only one I got on here right now ^_^'
(I could try a different computer at some other time, but it'd be several weeks before I had a chance)
PAIIS said:
. . . Safari's the only one I got on here right now ^_^'
(I could try a different computer at some other time, but it'd be several weeks before I had a chance)
Can't install chrome or something? I'm guessing it's a mac since you only have safari?
It works fine here with OSX 10.7.2 and Safari 5.1.1
Ah, I got Safari 5.0.4 right now. I'll go ahead and update it. If that doesn't work, I consider chrome. Thanks for the help.
PAIIS said:
Ah, I got Safari 5.0.4 right now. I'll go ahead and update it. If that doesn't work, I consider chrome. Thanks for the help.
No problem. 5.0.4 should still be fine but I don't know why it's not working for you. Check that you don't have any weird plugins with it. The few plugins that are available for Safari are quite broken / buggy and often do funny stuff.
"Comment" highlighting broke down again.

edit: And now it's fixed?! O_o 3 minutes have past... or is it because I commented?
Not sure. I came across the same instance of it going loopy as well. It might be because you commented. It went stupid after I deleted a comment about 5 minutes before you commented. *shrug*
It happens every now and then, it normally fixes itself with a new post.
Can't use advance search, I'm getting this error massage: error 502 bad gateway
There's a manual way to search using meta-tags instead. I haven't tried using the Adv Search in a LONG time, so I'm not sure what's up with it. I quit using it when I found out about the meta-tags.
advanced search is broken during server migration, it's simple redirection script on php.
thanks for reminding, it may be rewritten to nginx rules.
Find Similar hasn't been working for me. Says they're all down.
Nothing we can do. It's on Imouto's server and they had a server failure. They're in the process of setting up a new one.
PAIIS said:
Find Similar hasn't been working for me. Says they're all down.
It's looking like it will take at least a few days to get it restored.
BTW the advanced search should be working now.
I can't access my original account, Cade. I keep getting a "access denied". I tried resetting my password but can't because I neglected to register an e-mail with the account. Just wondering if something could be done about it.

Also, my computer has been giving me trouble lately so maybe it's this decrepit potato's fault instead of the site?
Kade said:
I can't access my original account, Cade. I keep getting a "access denied". I tried resetting my password but can't because I neglected to register an e-mail with the account. Just wondering if something could be done about it.

Also, my computer has been giving me trouble lately so maybe it's this decrepit potato's fault instead of the site?
Sent you a dmail
Yay! Thanks, Shuugo.
Cade said:
Yay! Thanks, Shuugo.
Be sure to set up a email in your settings next time, if your IP hadn't matched I wouldn't have restored your account.
The password for Cade isn't working again. Didn't work for Kade either. I'm going to run out of ''cade'' variations soon...