Dummy said:
It would be nice if when uploading on konachan.net the "safe" option was already selected. If you forget to change it by mistake, after uploading you have to go to the .com site to fix it.
The questionable rating for uploads is automatically selected so that If a questionable or explicit image is uploaded, it will not automatically have a safe rating (even from .net). Since konachan has no way to automatically determine if an image is "safe" or not and since not all uploaders check the rating - even experienced contributors sometimes forget, better "questionable" than "safe" =)
Kiho said:
The questionable rating for uploads is automatically selected so that If a questionable or explicit image is uploaded, it will not automatically have a safe rating. Since konachan has no way to automatically determine if an image is "safe" or not and since not all uploaders check the rating - even experienced contributors sometimes forget, better "questionable" than "safe" =)
I know that, but the problem is that if someone is blocked from .com they won't be able to do anything, since you can't edit teapots and deleted posts.

Maybe enabling editing of teapots from .net would be a decent fix?
Dummy said:
Maybe enabling editing of teapots from .net would be a decent fix?
I understand where you are coming from on this, that is you want to fix the rating on an image you uploaded, but to allow anyone logged in from .net to edit a teapot would be, well problematic. I recommend that you just send a dmail to mod asking to have the rating changed.
Kiho said:
I understand where you are coming from on this, that is you want to fix the rating on an image you uploaded, but to allow anyone logged in from .net to edit a teapot would be, well problematic. I recommend that you just send a dmail to mod asking to have the rating changed.
Personally I can access .com so it's not a big issue, but some aren't so fortunate. If anyone asks, I will just fix it for them I guess.

Kiho said:
[...]but to allow anyone logged in from .net to edit a teapot would be, well problematic.[...]
Out of context this sounds so silly :)
You absolutely only ever upload safe material?

You apparently use Greasemonkey, so try this:

script
Zolxys said:
You absolutely only ever upload safe material?

You apparently use Greasemonkey, so try this:[...]
Yes, pretty much. Thanks for the script!
Re: Conversation on post #221090

It seems like some people are misunderstanding others, so I'll clear up those points first:
  • Unless I missed something, none of these posts contain Yaoi or completely naked men. What these people are referring to are images (mostly of half naked men) clearly geared to appeal to straight women and gay or bi men.
  • Recently, the frequency of such uploads has increased and the level of quality required to approve them has decreased. Which is understandable since we now have a mod (Emmy) and a regular uploader (mattiasc02) who like that sort of thing. It looks like we have about 25 such images in the last 23 days (not counting deleted images). So about 1 approved per day.
  • There is no rule against them, but those images are clearly not what this site is geared to. So we are indeed talking about a change in the nature of this site and what we allow.
I could bring up our ban list as an example. Supposing furry, bestiality, guro, grotesque, and explicit loli were not banned, would you want to see 1 of each approved every day?

Yaoi is banned because the site's original owner didn't want to have it on his site. But this site's rules, guidelines and content have had a large impact on the demographic of our user traffic and member base. That's why there's always so much resistance when someone wants to remove a ban.

Still, there's not much that most of the staff can do about it unless we want to broaden the definition of our ban on yaoi. The 5 people that commented in opposition to the increase of these posts were ultimately only requesting that we cut back on the frequency of those uploads. So it's really just left up to mattiasc02 and/or Emmy to take that into consideration.
It seems that people forget that this site isn't meant to cater specifically to everything they like. BUT, since I know this is a male dominated site and one where the males do like to have their way, I won't fight the inevitable anymore.

It's just sad and frustrating to see such close mindedness. This is a place where brutalizing women and treating them as objects is welcomed, but seeing a shirtless guy once a day is unspeakable and deplorable.

I'll leave the shirtless guy posts unapproved from now on though, if that'll keep everyone from whining. ^_^

However, if a post of a fully clothed male (or males in completely hetero scenes) is/are uploaded and the quality meets our standards, I will be approving it.
otaku_emmy said:
I'll leave the shirtless guy posts unapproved from now on though, if that'll keep everyone from whining. ^_^

However, if a post of a fully clothed male (or males in completely hetero scenes) is uploaded and the quality meets out standards, I will be approving it.
sounds great to me. I mean, if I see a post with two girls holding hands, I personally call that Yuri, idk about everyone else, so sorry if my definition of Yaoi was broad but I was going off that. Like, I call 'Free' yaoi even though it's not a hentai.

And yeah Emmy I feel you on the rape hentai and such, I'm not necessarily a big fan of that either, I think it could be done way better. However, much of it is in fact okay with me (when it's more of just sex...)

Total personal preference though so I only want you guys to do what you think is right *serious head nod*
otaku_emmy said:
Oh well, at least it'll stop people from being sad :)

Edit: and I may be uploading some men, but lol I just realized I uploaded about 5 pics in only 13 days! If my temptation comes one day, I'll probably be uploading once per month or 2 months.
onisonfire said:
sounds great to me. I mean, if I see a post with two girls holding hands, I personally call that Yuri, idk about everyone else, so sorry if my definition of Yaoi was broad but I was going off that. Like, I call 'Free' yaoi even though it's not a hentai.
That would be called "shoujo ai" (girl's love) or, in the case of guys "shounen ai" (also BL). That's seen as the more "pure" and less dirty side of same sex anime pairings.

I think "Free!" is just fan service catered to people who like guys. I've not seen it, so I don't know if there's actual couples in it.
otaku_emmy said:
I think "Free!" is just fan service catered to people who like guys. I've not seen it, so I don't know if there's actual couples in it.
No couples, although tho Momo likes Gogo (hetero).
Friendly reminder that this exists.
Tensa said:
Friendly reminder that this exists.
Oh we tried telling people that.

They don't wanna use it.

They wanna complain, but they don't wanna do the one thing that would remedy their issue.

Hence why I've been wanting to punch a wall since early this morning. ^_^
otaku_emmy said:
Oh we tried telling people that.

They don't wanna use it.

They wanna complain, but they don't wanna do the one thing that would remedy their issue.

Hence why I've been wanting to punch a wall since early this morning. ^_^
Tommy said:
That's why I said first off that I wasn't suggesting we purge the images, Just cut back.As to the blacklist suggestion, I for one will never use a blacklist because I for one don't want to miss out on the wonderful artwork like this, this, and this (and that's just doing a casual search of the first 5 or so pages of all_male). I agree these aren't yaoi, but they are beyond a doubt toeing the line
Tommy said if he blacklists, he'll miss ones that he likes as well.
Perhaps he should blacklist the combo of all_male and topless then?
otaku_emmy said:
Perhaps he should blacklist the combo of all_male and topless then?
Oh ture...I never thought of it like that befo.
............................................. I thought I did a good job clearing up all the misunderstandings, but I guess not....

otaku_emmy said:
It's just sad and frustrating to see such close mindedness.
If everyone were open to everything, we wouldn't have any bans at all. Even you are against guro, grotesque, and explicit loli, right? Just about everyone has things they like and things they don't want to see. People will avoid sites with the things they don't want to see and will find a site that suits them. That's why such changes to an established site meet so much resistance.

otaku_emmy said:
This is a place where brutalizing women and treating them as objects is welcomed, but seeing a shirtless guy once a day is unspeakable and deplorable.
The impression I got wasn't at all a matter of "unspeakable and deplorable" content. It's merely a matter of content they don't want to see much of. Think of it like posting irl cosplay photos or completely fantasy styled art which we had a huge ordeal over a while back.

And btw, I never approve any of the brutalization images.

otaku_emmy said:
Did you consider just refining your approval process? Well, even if you don't approve any, the other mods can still approve the ones they normally would...

*Edit: Ninjaed with 9 posts.....
Zolxys said:
The impression I got wasn't at all a matter of "unspeakable and deplorable" content. It's merely a matter of content they don't want to see much of.
I was being dramatic in an attempt to mock.

Did you consider just refining your approval process? Well, even if you don't approve any, the other mods can still approve the ones they normally would...
Like how?

If something looks decent and meets our guidelines, I usually approve. If something looks bad or is too jpeggy or aliasy or is subpar quality or too small/portrait oriented, etc. I delete. If something is unapproved for 3+ days, I delete.

It's not that hard.
Do you only consider image quality and completely ignore subjective quality?

There's context, theme, layout, humor, detail, accuracy, etc., all of which affect an image's subjective quality. This whole conversation is about one specific theme that lowers the subjective quality for many and probably raises it for you. You would only need to keep that one thing in mind.
Reposting the anti-hot-man filters for anyone who wants to get rid of these posts.
all_male ~topless ~nipples ~navel
male ~topless ~nipples ~navel -group -long_hair
shounen_ai
Zolxys said:
Do you only consider image quality and completely ignore subjective quality?

There's context, theme, layout, humor, detail, accuracy, etc., all of which affect an image's subjective quality. This whole conversation is about one specific theme that lowers the subjective quality for many and probably raises it for you. You would only need to keep that one thing in mind.
No no. I don't choose some things over others based on personal preference.

Before last night, I just didn't know the dude posts bothered certain people so much.

Like I said earlier, I'll just leave certain all_male posts alone now.

Also, saying "many" might be overstating it a bit. We have no real idea how many people who use this site each day are bothered by the guys.
Wow, I was gone all day and missed a fight! D:

Anyways, topless guys has never been banned content, yaoi as always been kinda blurry, though I'm with Emmy, I'm for allowing it to some degree anyways. If a topless guy bothers you I hope you never go to like a pool or beach, because that is just pathetic.

Though I'll have to talk to Slayer about it, but maybe we should put a Blacklist button in the image options so people know that that is a thing. You know where the set avatar and stuff are. Click it and it brings up a list of the images tag you wish to blacklist. It's something I've thought about for a few years now.
The thing that bothers me the most about the whole thing is that we give people ways to work around seeing things they don't like, but they refuse to do it.

If someone wants to avoid seeing more lusty looking anime men, all the have to do is blacklist all_male and topless on one line. Then you won't see anymore shirtless dudes, which is the thing being complained about.

Don't wanna see shounen_ai? Blacklist that too.

It's so simple, but some refuse to do it and I DON'T understand why.

And I won't approve those images anymore either, since it bothers people. Whatever needs to be done to keep the peace around here for the few people who actually do browse, I'll cooperate.
Sounds like a good idea with the blacklist button. Tbh, there's a lot of things on Kona that people either don't bother reading or don't know exits because it's apparently too difficult to locate, but it really seems to be an issue with the blacklisting.

I could include an entry about blacklisting in the comment_guidelines if that would help? Telling people to blacklist unwanted tags instead of complaining about them.

On another note, I personally think we should leave the "banned content" list as it is. I don't really mind yaoi as I'm bi, however, these rules have been like this since Shuugo and kinda makes Kona what she is. Plenty of other sites out there with Yaoi, Guro and whatnot. Just my opinion though.
Oh my god, Kuda!!!! A blacklist button is the best idea ever! I hope it isn't to much work for the others people to make one though.
mattiasc02 said:
Oh my god, Kuda!!!! A blacklist button is the best idea ever! I hope it isn't to much work for the others people to make one though.
I'm not sure how much work it is... I don't think a blacklist button is a part of moebooru so Slayerduck will probably have to create one himself.
We've had the discussion on blacklists multiple times before. Such as during the discussions on un-banning furry, and yoai. And I think it was mentioned in the discussions on guro and explicit loli. Those that want the content are always quick to suggest blacklists, but those that don't want the content usually insist on leaving the site unchanged.

otaku_emmy said:
The thing that bothers me the most about the whole thing is that we give people ways to work around seeing things they don't like, but they refuse to do it.
I don't know if you're still just "being dramatic in an attempt to mock", but so long as you're not of the mind to un-ban everything and just promote blacklists, you should be able to understand both sides of the argument.

I don't plan to use blacklists for as long as I'm a mod. If we un-ban something I can't tolerate (ie. guro, grotesque, or yaoi), I expect I'll step down to contributor, use a blacklist, and stay a few weeks behind on the posts.
vf.nightcore said:
I'm not sure how much work it is... I don't think a blacklist button is a part of moebooru so Slayerduck will probably have to create one himself.
It is definitely worth it though. ^_~

So ok then…you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling why, sexy males are coming, to Kona!

Just kidding XD I'll upload, like once or twice a month. I'll try to make it less constantaneous.
mattiasc02 said:
It is definitely worth it though. ^_~

So ok then…you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling why, sexy males are coming, to Kona!

Just kidding XD I'll upload, like once or twice a month. I'll try to make it less constantaneous.
Sounds like a good idea brother. Until we have decided what to do about the whole thing, keep it to a minimum ^^