I'd definitely improve the site by allowing newly uploaded images that are "pending for approval" to still be visible and editable by the uploaders on their profile page under the "Uploads" section. This allows for tag edits in case you miss one or typo or something, and to keep track of ALL uploads while you wait for approval or denial.

Also, I'd rather have notifications for removed uploads (or denied approvals) explaining WHY and possibly when they were removed/denied. It really sucks to upload a bunch of new images thinking they're super high quality and perfect for the site, only to not be able to see them on your profile anymore, or access them even in the approval stage.
softfang said:
I'd definitely improve the site by allowing newly uploaded images that are "pending for approval" to still be visible and editable by the uploaders on their profile page under the "Uploads" section. This allows for tag edits in case you miss one or typo or something, and to keep track of ALL uploads while you wait for approval or denial.
If you ever feel like correcting a typo on an upload that is still pending, you can always click on your pending posts displayed in the upload section, and then you can click on the post you wish to edit, and scroll down and click on the ‘edit’ button that’s on the left of the ‘response’ button, and you can edit your posts like that.

Maybe I misunderstood you though.

Also, I'd rather have notifications for removed uploads (or denied approvals) explaining WHY and possibly when they were removed/denied. It really sucks to upload a bunch of new images thinking they're super high quality and perfect for the site, only to not be able to see them on your profile anymore, or access them even in the approval stage.
This is an amazing idea. I… was thinking like maybe bots can email you when 10 posts are deleted because there are email limits (10 emails per day or sth)
We are not obligated to explain exactly why something wasn't approved. Many things just don't get approved within the allotted amount of time, and to avoid things getting messy they're deleted.
otaku_emmy said:
We are not obligated to explain exactly why something wasn't approved. Many things just don't get approved within the allotted amount of time, and to avoid things getting messy they're deleted.
Why not?

I don't think just stating "3 days" is effective in improving our uploaders, because let me tell you, a LOT of me and Luna's posts are being deleted because "3 days", and because we don't know where EXACTLY we went wrong -even if it is a VERY SLIGHT wrong- becomes harder for us to improve. And if the pictures are SOLELY being deleted for 3 days, and there isn't anything technically wrong with the picture, then why delete it? I mean like as I said even if a certain thing just doesn't feel to you just let us know as well when y'all are gonna delete for the 3-day thing, or else how will we improved I believe more is merrier and it's not like a million images are here it's only like 4 or a little more that get deleted for 3 days.
Maybe they don't look good. It's not about your personal improvement, it's about art we feel isn't good enough to stay.

You can't put certain things in to words sometimes. Sometimes you just don't like something. Personal taste comes in to it too.
otaku_emmy said:
Maybe they don't look good. It's not about your personal improvement, it's about art we feel isn't good enough to stay.

You can't put certain things in to words sometimes. Sometimes you just don't like something. Personal taste comes in to it too.
I knew you would say that. I know what you mean, which is why I said "even if a certain thing doesn't feel to you".

And…okieee okieee :)
Point is this isn't...Tumblr or DeviantArt where you can just post what-the-fuck-ever. We have standards. So if people upload stuff that isn't up to snuff Mods can't be blamed for it being deleted.
otaku_emmy said:
Point is this isn't...Tumblr or DeviantArt where you can just post what-the-fuck-ever. We have standards. So if people upload stuff that isn't up to snuff Mods can't be blamed for it being deleted.
okieee
秀悟 said:
Welcoming suggestions.

For example I was thinking on setting up a resizer & cropper for making it fit your desktop resolution in a better way.
I don't know how difficult it would be, or if I'm just to stupid to find it, but a key to skip to the next page would be supper nice. I love working with the Keyboard, so a thing that skips to the next page, like Youtube's fast forward "L" would be cool.
If you go to Browse you can look at images using the left and right arrow keys and space bar. But you'd have to look through the images individually as opposed to going from page to page.
otaku_emmy said:
If you go to Browse you can look at images using the left and right arrow keys and space bar. But you'd have to look through the images individually as opposed to going from page to page.
Yeah, such a page to page feature would be nice. But thanks for the hint ^^
秀悟 said:
Welcoming suggestions.

For example I was thinking on setting up a resizer & cropper for making it fit your desktop resolution in a better way.
how about a better tagging system where you can add things like POV and even if a certain tag isn't available, a notification tab or bell to let you know when its added to the database.

staff picks
and a comment alert option if you and another user start talking about a pic, anime,
We very rarely make new general tags. We try to keep things as streamlined as possible, so we tend to stay away from the super specific tagging a la Danbooru or Gelbooru.

And I don't really see the need for notification bells. That's sort of the purpose of the tabs becoming emboldened when someone comments or posts in a forum.
Re: Complaints in comments from post #264431

IceEarthGuard said:
Oh my gosh my comment was perfectly fine, these comment rules or should I say "guidelines that are meant to be broken" are pathetic and is ruining my fun when I saw this pic...........LONG LIVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
I haven't seen any of the comments in question, but I hear they violated Rule #2. Those kinds of comments may be fun for the commenter and a few others, but they are usually very annoying for most.

If you want to make comments like that:
  • Be sure you're familiar with the character where applicable. Comments like that that don't even take into consideration the character's background and/or personality are extremely annoying and unwanted.
  • Don't act like you are in the scene unless the artist actually drew YOU in the scene. Everyone is free to imagine themselves in the scene, but it's not right to try to force everyone else to imagine that you are in the scene. You should go to an RP site for that.
  • Be yourself and not one of the characters. You can comment about nearly anything relating to the image, such as what you would expect a character to say or do, what you might expect to happen next or as a result, or even what you would do if you were there or in a character's place. But make your comments from the perspective of a real person just looking at the image. For example, "If she were handing that to me, I would ________"
If you do that, you shouldn't have any problem with Rule 2.

You could still have a problem with Rule 1 if your comments are stupid or pointless (eg. "If I were there, I'd definitely do her"). Comments like that will be deleted on sight. At the very least, try to post comments you think others might be interested in. Comments that only voice your own lust or comments that could just as easily be posted on thousands of other images here are truly pointless and unnecessary.

Checking your comments that haven't been deleted, you seem likely to have trouble with Rule 1 as well:

A few of your comments that really should have been deleted for Rule 1
Alright, just ignore my other comments, will try to follow the rules from now on. I'm just not used to these kind of rules, but I will respect them now.

*Mod edit: *Quote removed*
When replying to a long post, please don't qoute the entire post. If it's the post right above yours, a quote is most likely unnecessary. If you want to reply to a specific line or paragraph, quote only that part.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We really do appreciate it. :)
Is it a possibility to have squares around an anime girl's/boy's face so that we could know who the person is that has been tagged in the illustration? It will help every new person looking at the illustration of the specific anime girl/boy that hasn't seen that girl/boy before. If anyone wants an example of it just go to a facebook photo of a group of friends where the tagged person's face has a square around the photo.

What I had in mind for konachan is that we could just hover over the tag on the left side of the illustration of the anime girl/boy and that would show the square around the anime girl/boy 's face.

This can also be really helpful for illustrations with many faces in the illustration ( for example ) . Maybe if possible the square can be a really small one so as to not obstruct the illustration too much.

P.S: I don't know if this suggestion has been put forward before or not (i did search for it but couldn't find anything).
ssagwp said:
Is it a possibility to have squares around an anime girl's/boy's face so that we could know who the person is that has been tagged in the illustration? It will help every new person looking at the illustration of the specific anime girl/boy that hasn't seen that girl/boy before. If anyone wants an example of it just go to a facebook photo of a group of friends where the tagged person's face has a square around the photo.

What I had in mind for konachan is that we could just hover over the tag on the left side of the illustration of the anime girl/boy and that would show the square around the anime girl/boy 's face.

This can also be really helpful for illustrations with many faces in the illustration ( for example ) . Maybe if possible the square can be a really small one so as to not obstruct the illustration too much.

P.S: I don't know if this suggestion has been put forward before or not (i did search for it but couldn't find anything).
I mean we already do have something like this? If by that you mean for example the post #219801 then well here you go :3 However when you hover over the actual tag the square portion of the designated part in the picture doesn't light up, however i don't think that's a problem as far as it tells you who the character is so you know, case closed :p
But you have to do that manually what I had in mind was it be automatic and that you could actually see the face of the tagged. But TBH i had forgotten about this feature of the site since i came back from a long disappearance to this community just last week.

Edit: Plus iirc this feature was used more for translations to the writings in an illustration,
ssagwp said:
But you have to do that manually what I had in mind was it be automatic and that you could actually see the face of the tagged. But TBH i had forgotten about this feature of the site since i came back from a long disappearance to this community just last week.

Edit: Plus iirc this feature was used more for translations to the writings in an illustration,
Ahhhhh i see what you mean but that would need some advanced a.i. in my opinion if it could analyze the facial structure of each character and correctly guess who they are, aka no way that's ever happening xD
Yeah don't use notes to label characters.

And if you want to know who someone is in an image, just Google them. That seems a lot more simple to me.

I don't think it'd be possible for that to be programmed in to the site. It's not even a feature on other sites.
Well if it were a feature on Konachan it would make the site more popular among otakus. But I know it's a hard thing to do especially if Konachan is a free site with no income for the admins or mods and programmers (if we have any).
Like I said, it'd be much easier to just highlight the name, right click, and select "Search Google for etc." :p
Emiri-san said:
Yeah don't use notes to label characters.
I don't agree with this as a strict policy. For the vast majority of images, maybe, but there are those occasional few posts with hordes of characters in them where I think it can be useful. The post #219801 that Demuwu remarked on is one but we also have a few examples from kantai_collection, and I recall seeing others in the past.

It's not always practical to find information on characters online, especially if the character in question is obscure enough and from Japanese or other foreign language media which means whatever sources do exist about it are most likely also in that language. In these cases having our own on-site information helps. And even if that research is a practical option, it might simply be quicker to check "note guides" like in the above-linked images.

There are also a few other rare cases in which I think it's helpfully informative to note-label characters:
-Images wherein characters are depicted that, for whatever reason, we've decided against tagging on Konachan. Arthur's work on labeling individual types of KanColle Equipment Fairies is an example of this.
-Images wherein the characters depicted would for some reason be abnormally challenging to differentiate from each other and/or the rest of the image (such as post #268594 ); this is not only helpful for viewers but also for parties interested in tagging to cross-reference with the tags and keep track of who has and hasn't been identified.
-Images wherein characters are depicted at such small sizes as to impair casual discernment of which characters they are.

Also, notes don't interfere with much of anything else on the site if they're created, aside from visually on the image they're applied to, but that can be remedied easily enough with the hide notes function on each post. Of course, if it were more common to have to deal with that while browsing images, some users might consider it obnoxious. But if it's just in those few images loaded with characters, I think it's not a problem.
I meant in normal images with not that many characters. I was saying it wouldn't be good if character notes started being added to everything.
So apparently the HTML note formatting that Danbooru uses works here on Konachan too, or at least the hyperlink formatting does (edit: as does the "translation notes" text formatting function). I never knew...
What is about the thing that comments, on deleted images, disappear in the comment - histoy? Wouldn't it be better that the comment would be still there( Just like on Yande.re? I mean they could be useful.
minabiStrikesAgain said:
The post #219801 that Demuwu remarked
Oh, I totally forgot to finish it...

BattlequeenYume said:
What is about the thing that comments, on deleted images, disappear in the comment - histoy?
I quite like the system the way it is now, and, even with that, people uploading bad ar; rating:e loli; ... don't even take a look at the comments so.
Can we make it so that when I download an illustration from the .net site the illustration should say "Konachan.net - ..." instead of "Konachan.com - ..." because when my dad sees the wallpaper name and checks the site he is like "why are you downloading from a restricted site?" and i am like I downloaded it from a safe site not a restricted site. It is tiring to change all the names when i download illustrations because i download like a shit ton of wallpapers.

It's kind of a request instead of a suggestion but thought i post it here instead of make a "I have a request" thread on the forums.

P.S: I hope the higher ups don't mind the intrusion of it being a request instead of a suggestion.
I don't even think that's possible.

You could just give them numbers as names instead of keeping the entire header from here.