Zanifar said:
...like a shark...
Jesus fucking Christ, thats scary enough...Sorry, I have a great, great fear of sharks.
how bad is it just asking
but back on task my dream was awsome wont go in to detals but it was a one of the placeis i would like to live you know nice green trees tall grass a kinds of diferint cat,dog,and wolf people walking around being in free land vary good dream wouldint mind haveing it again

and yes im a guy
One day I'm sleeping on the couch at my friends house, and my dream was in some old mansion. Not decrepid but yeah. So since I'm not knowing a premise of this dream I'm walking down a hallway and there are various pictures/paintings on the walls. I go into a room with more pictures/paintings on the walls so I go to examine one. It's made of something soft yet hard and I find out later it's human skin of recently murdered dead bodies sewn into a picture and framed onto the wall.

It was sort of a detective type dream because there were a couple trying to solve this mystery and I'm either one of the detectives or the killer, but I might've been the killer. It was a long time since I had that dream but it was a dream I was able to remember.
Bardiche752 said:
One day I'm sleeping on the couch at my friends house, and my dream was in some old mansion. Not decrepid but yeah. So since I'm not knowing a premise of this dream I'm walking down a hallway and there are various pictures/paintings on the walls. I go into a room with more pictures/paintings on the walls so I go to examine one. It's made of something soft yet hard and I find out later it's human skin of recently murdered dead bodies sewn into a picture and framed onto the wall.

It was sort of a detective type dream because there were a couple trying to solve this mystery and I'm either one of the detectives or the killer, but I might've been the killer. It was a long time since I had that dream but it was a dream I was able to remember.
Sounds like an anime idea in the making.
Sick dreams people, sick dreams.
I remember another dream about a fish, but the details are somewhere on a scrap of paper..
Artwork said:
Sick dreams people, sick dreams.
How so?
Okay.. Your people are just good at remembering dreams. Sadly I'm not.
You are not alone.
Well, my one dream two nights ago was stimulating and extremely embarrassing, if that counts for anything. Of course, like most people, I can hardly remember the details to it.
Zanifar said:
How so?
The ratio of negative/scary dreams to normal is 8 to 1. Because we're all very mentally healthy people.

Artwork said:
I wrote the two longer dreams I posted here on paper as I woke up. Otherwise, I don't know if I would have been able to recall them.

FoliFF said:
Like I said before I rarely dream anymore, the "dream" I often have now is that I'm floating in dark space or something like that.
Some people try to make or control their own dreams. If floating through space is both reoccuring and easily recognizable ( as in you'd know it's you "dreaming" ) you could try to use that opportunity to make something out of it. Just an idea.
I try and force myself to dream about certain things, like a certain squid girl but It doesn't work too well. I might have succeeded once, but I can't remember it...
Black_Rock_Shooter said:
I try and force myself to dream about certain things, like a certain squid girl but It doesn't work too well. I might have succeeded once, but I can't remember it...
We can't force ourselves to dream what we want to dream. It's sad, but in a way kind fun in the sense that you don't know what each new night will bring you...
Unless of course it's a nightmare, in which case I suggest waking up before Kisumi rapes you in a dark alley.
Has anyone ever had a dream about being in public in pajamas? I had one last night.
HyperBunnyofDOOM said:
Has anyone ever had a dream about being in public in pajamas? I had one last night.
That's actually a common dream that most people have...
and in some places it doesn't even happen in a dream. (-_-)'
Artwork said:
Most of the dreams accounted are more than likely what are called "lucid" dreams. It is a dream where the conscious part of the brain is able to mingle with and control the subconscious, therefore making it easy to remember. Night terrors for example are lucid, and so are bliss sleeps.
Zanifar said:
Most of the dreams accounted are more than likely what are called "lucid" dreams. It is a dream where the conscious part of the brain is able to mingle with and control the subconscious, therefore making it easy to remember. Night terrors for example are lucid, and so are bliss sleeps.
Lucid dreams are where you're either aware you're dreaming or controlling a dream. Most of these aren't lucid. The way the word is normally used.

"It is a dream where the conscious part of the brain is able to mingle with and control the subconscious, "

I have to suggest there's no such thing. lol.

Agos said:
We can't force ourselves to dream what we want to dream. It's sad, but in a way kind fun in the sense that you don't know what each new night will bring you...
We can dream what we want to dream. Depends on how much time, effort, you want to put into it of course. (That "can't" part is only true as long as you never try otherwise.)

Dreams aren't like pre-recorded media, so even if you did have control over your dream I don't think that would remove all unknown elements "necessarily". Probably depends per person though.

Black_Rock_Shooter said:
I try and force myself to dream about certain things, like a certain squid girl
Some things to try,

(A) ...

(B) ...
Marathoning something right before going to bed and/or letting it play audibly while you sleep could help.

I know I've had some of my dreams influence by songs/music I had playing while I slept. (Might help if it's only ambient music, lyrics in a language you understand, or a song you're very familiar with and know the meaning of.)

I think I had a dream once where I was watching anime in JPN because I fell asleep at the keyboard with Winamp playing and it eventually started playing some of the JPN Radio/Audio dramas I something get as part of my OST CD collection. Not sure if the characters in my dream matched the series the drama was from though.
HyperBunnyofDOOM said:
I have never had one, but whenever I go to school I see at least 20 students walking around in pajamas. And almost half the school carries around blankets/pillows/pillow-pets.
thats true but back on subject i got attacked by a tiger not fun
had one of those short ones that i always hate. different every time but i always hate these short ones.

Was in my high school art classroom, teacher just went into the back room after telling us to work in our sketchbooks today. i look around at my classmates to notice i'm with my college animation classmates. After a bit of doodling the bell rings, and i get up and get my kit together. i kit up as fast as possible and look around to see my army buddies all lining up and getting ready to run up the stairs to form up. Mid way up the stairs i realized i forgot my ice jacket, and damn i'm going to get jacked up good for leaving a piece of personal kit behind. so i sprint back to grab it and sprint back up to see everyone already formed up and i'm the last one, and master corporal does not look happy (yikes!) so i fall in and realize my boot laces were undone and i had a pocket open on my shirt...(FUUUUUUUUUUU...) so the inspection begins. i waited in the rear rank for my inevitable jacking and just as the NCO reaches the first guy in my rank i woke up.

my "strange" dreams tend to involve many setting changes. transitions tend to happen when i
a) was concentrating on something by myself and look up, or
b) when i go through doorways or other openings.
The only thing I really remember from one of my dreams is a rocking chair on a mountain. I don't know why it's there, who it is for, or what the dream is about.
The only dream I remember having is where I was walking through the woods and I found a gravestone.
It was mine 1991-2035.
Not joking,sacred the hell out of me.
Xavier said:
The only dream I remember having is where I was walking through the woods and I found a gravestone.
It was mine 1991-2035.
Not joking,sacred the hell out of me.
I wouldn't worry about it. Some say dreams are a window into the future, but I've yet to see someone actually go to class in their underwear.

As for me I've been having an endless stream of night terrors for the past week or so, the most recent involving the spirit a homicidal Victorian doll.
I had an extremely interesting dream last night, and I actually remembered it for longer than five minutes!! All I know is it wasn't a sex dream (sorry Kisumi) and I think it might of been a "slice of life" dream. And I doubt I knew anyone in it. (from real life or the internet) Why can't I remember it or at least not remember it at all so it can't drive me crazy!
I had really weird dream yesterday. Starts of that I'm running through China (I think) at great speed, through jungles, deserts and cities then I end up in a city somewhere in east of Japan (No idea how I crossed the water. If not I ran on it).
Meet a nice Japanese that recommends all kind of awesome restaurant which we agrees go and eat many of them together. The dream ends when I enter one of the restaurant.
I had one that i was leaving school, walked over to a really tiny go-cart, so small that my knees are bent and the steering wheel was also small and began to drive around in it. Going just as fast as regular cars sometimes even faster so that i pass by them. Thought that was really strange.
Logic doesn't apply when it comes to dreams xD
Hopey said:
Yeah, I was on some random persons foot. I wonder if my cat was sitting on my face during that dream.
I've been wondering this. But how did you know if you were a sock or not, as socks don't have eyes or other senses at all, so what did you "dream of"?

It seems to me if you were a sock you wouldnt have any sensory input to even know what you were (or weren't) anyways. How did you know exactly what you were...?

If I had a dream that was zoomed in ON a sock, I'd probably think I was looking AT A sock, not that I WAS a sock, which would make somewhat less sense. o_o just saying.

example
I actually kinda remember a dream from last night =) and I realized, I never get to join in on any of my sex dreams. It is usually a women masturbating then squirting, sometimes on me. sometimes multiple women playing with each other, same ending. But I am proud to say there has never been a nude guy in any of my dreams. Not even myself (^_^);
Well, JJk, very... interesting dream there, hehe.

I had a dream, or a day dream, but it's the kind where you fall asleep a little but it's like your not completely asleep but you mind still conjures up images you have no control over. Anyway, I was sitting in a very plain wooden chair, with a pink/orange background and Hatsune Miku was skipping around in a leek costume. A neat part for me was the fact my hair was black and was down to my waist...I'd love to have hair that long, and black.