Senakysam you don't need to be so protective since when it comes war, politics and mass media never underestimate them. It's exactly as Bardiche said. This is just fiction and there are worse and better ones out there.

I know I have asked this before but never got an answer. Anyway what is that Guilty Crown so many people hate/disturbed by? Is it Shuu or the plot itself or both? Since you clearly see two sides on this series.

BRS clearly more story this time. You kinda find out who Black Gold Saw human part is.
The lady is still weird but knows her connection which I hope they explain it. Though at the end there it tries to get you to wonder who the real antagonist is.

As for Guilty Crown, people who love story would say the story, and people who judge the characters would say it's Shu. Personally I don't hate the show, but I'm not saying it's one of the best or one of the best stories. At least Shu isn't as bad as say, Madoka, which by the way is seriously starting to be my judge of main characters since she's the worst compared to others. Stahn's also said that Shu is like Shinji as well and you can see similarities there.

I also think some people are still comparing this to Code Geass. On the AS forums back when it started I skimmed some posts comparing GC with CG. It's like they wanted it to be the next Code Geass.
Bardiche752 said:
-snip- It's like they wanted it to be the next Code Geass.
I personally don't want another Code Geass season for fear it might ruin it. I would still watch it though, out of sheer curiosity.
That's different. That has a lot of examples in the real world; it's not a completely ridiculous thing to think. But having our military assassinate allies? That is too big of a stretch. I mean, seriously. When fighting the Taliban in a battle, as soon as they are unable to fight anymore, our soldiers would pick them up and get them to medical treatment. And we do that for our enemies, cause that's how good we are. I guess I only really get mad when people make up ridiculous stories about our military because they are fighting and dying everyday for me.

As for Guilty Crown, I actually kinda like it now. I only disliked it before because Shu was a woose, but now he's a lot better. I hate that one guy for taking advantage of the class president though. I really want to knock out all his teeth and make him swallow them.

And from what I've heard about the new Code Geass, it's not going to be an extension of the previous one, but it will have all new characters, a new place, and a new plot. I think there was something about a surprise appearance by a previous character though. We'll see.
Senakysam said:
-snip-
And from what I've heard about the new Code Geass, it's not going to be an extension of the previous one, but it will have all new characters, a new place, and a new plot. I think there was something about a surprise appearance by a previous character though. We'll see.
There is a manga that is supposedly like a 3 season but it's just like you said, different main char, different plot, it's in a whole nother time zone. Though there is the appearance of Lelouch and C.C though that's about it but because the story and the time zone are completely different it just wasn't as interesting to read.
Hmm, what I read said that it takes place during the same time period as the first two seasons. I wonder how this is going to go?
The Code Geass manga is in the past like Edo Period type stuff. The new Code Geass that has been known for a few years is suppose to take place years after the 2nd season. I've not followed it so I don't really care at the moment.

Also when I meant the next Code Geass, I meant taking up the mantle of being epic and the likeness of Code Geass.

And Senakysam I know you mean well about our military, but there can still be shady deals our government does that makes the military do, plus there is also Black Ops type operations. I dunno, as I said before none of us can really confirm nor deny such things unless you could really hack into the Database of each of the government branches or something.
TLR:D 16.5 is just a random fanservice "chapter" *facepalm* Granted, the girls of TLR are pretty cute and all, but geez... That chapter was so out of leftfield. Funny enough, though, Nana, Yami, and Mea were left out of it... ^_^;

Risa for some reason still comes off as the most seductive of the bunch to me, even though she's doing nothing special at all.
*Sight* Sometimes abbreviations is a bitch... What does TLR:D stand for? -.-
Somehow it rings some bells but I don't remember which anime it is...
to luv ru darkness.
FoliFF said:
*Sight* Sometimes abbreviations is a bitch...
You just ahve to be more hardcore (or socially withdrawn) like me or perhaps others here to recall all this.

It's "ToLove-Ru: Darkness" to be exact. (If you're curious, it's supposed to be a pun on the english word "trouble". Romaji would have it as "toraburu" for either term, give or take. If you know the series, you can sorta see how it applies, especially if you know the ending of the original manga. It has the title drop.)
I knew it... As soon you guys said To Love Ru I made a facepalm... I should have known that... Sometimes you simply know to many abbreviations it get confusing and frustrating... Especially when it applies to real work -.-

I have read tlr and darkness. Somehow the tlr anime never got my attention.
Well I knew the title was some sort of pun but now I know why.
S1 of the anime was crap. OAVs and S2 were much better and more faithful to how the manga eventually developed. (i.e. Slice of Life Harem Comedy.)

The manga didn't quite find it's proper pacing until Momo and Nana show up as regulars, IMHO. That's when the series started being a bit more character-centric instead of purely gag-driven.

TLR:D is an awesome change of pace for the series. The extra chapters (the xx.5's ones) do throwback to how the original series was done as extra fanservice. Plot progress has been kinda slow, if you think about it (especially when you take into account the extra chaps), but at least it has an actual plot now.

At the very least, the series has some pretty nice char designs.
Speaking of TLR:D, Why is Momo so hell bent of getting Rito his harem? And when did she start liking him? i might have missed that part.
Momo started to love Rito probably shortly after she started to live with him (After that RPG game I think). But Momo didn't get serious until Darkness to achieve this ultimate harem. It suppose it have something to do how TLR ended at first. Plus if if Rito would end up with one of the girls the other would get hurt and best solution to avoid this is a harem. Where everyone can be happy and no one gets hurt in the end.

I think this should sum up your question. I'm quite surprised on myself how much I remember of the series o.O
i barely remember the RPG chapter, but i'm slowly recalling it, might have to reread it so i can see if what you say is true.
So I just started reading a manga called Mardock Scramble. I have only read the first volume, about six chapters or so, and I'm loving it. Anyone else know of it?
Heard of it. Haven't read it.

TLR didn't really get good until after the RPG arc. That's when they started dealing more with the actual relationship issue regarding Haruna and Lala with Rito. (God, I keep wanting to type the last names of some chars instead of using their first names.) It's around this time that the series went with a more character-centric structure instead of just pure gags skits.

It got even better (sorta) once Nana and Momo became regulars in the series. It got even more character-centric. At the same time, it lost all overall focus (like it had any to really begin with, but still.) At this point, it became a pure Slice of Life ecchi harem series with a char-centric focus. Most arcs in the series after Momo/Nana becoming standard cast members had more to do with char dev than any actual type of event-driven story. The only exception I recall offhand is the Celine arc, but that was a plot device to intro yet another regular char anyway (Celine in human toddler form vs her original plant form. I do kinda miss her as a plant though: Giant plant with bowl eating ramen ^_~)

I liked the second half the original manga more than the first half by far. I was more consistent and introspective insetad of just stereotypical gags and slapstick humor (not to say the series as a whole ever got away from that completely, if at all.) The style adopted for the OAV and S2 adaptations were MUCH better than the S1 adaptation. (Granted, part of it was due to the changed structure the latter anime were based on.) On the flipside, the changes in the original manga came about around the time the author was having real-life shit happening in his life (wife turned on him.)

I just wish the series as a whole wasn't so stagnant (damn status quo). TLR:D is awesome for the simple fact it give a definitive direction for the series as a whole. How well this will play out is another matter. I just hope TLR:D doesn't drag on longer than needed.
So, about that latest episode of Rinne? Feels like there should be more of that one scene near the end in other series.
For Nisemonogatari, the relationship between Shinobu and Koyomi is confusing me. They say that they hate each other but it looks like it's the opposite. There is also a lot of references to the past when Koyomi was becoming a vampire. It feels like i'm missing out on something huge. Though from what i heard there is no manga or anime that tells you what happened back then :(
Bardiche752 said:
So, about that latest episode of Rinne? Feels like there should be more of that one scene near the end in other series.
The bathing, maid uniform, or running off to school scene? ^_^;

Tiki said:
For Nisemonogatari, the relationship between Shinobu and Koyomi is confusing me.
There's only the orginal novels and anime to date. As far as I know, there's no other adaptation of the series. Kizumonogatari should explain it once the movie is released. That's still a ways off though.

From my perspective, they do give a damn about each other, but still somewhat hold a grudge against one another. Honestly, their relationship is kinda like Koyomi/Hitagi's in how harsh and somewhat roundabout they are.

Yes, you are losing out on quite a bit, but that's actually how the series was set up to begin with. Kizumonogatari contains the story "Koyomi Vamp" which details the Golden Week arc and how he became a vampire (plus I think the first incident with Tsubasa). Technically the novels were Bake, Kizu, then Nise, but for the anime, Nise debuted before Kizu.

From what I understand, Nisio Isin's Bakemono-related stories are fairly complex-ish to begin with. It's made worse with SHAFT handling it ^_^;
Stahn you know what scene I'm talking about.

Kinda sucks that Nise will only focuse on the girls just like the Light Novels. If they make a third season it would be a long one because after that there are 7 more light novels, which are another prequel and they go back to the 5 girls and Shinobu. Then there are 3 more light novels coming out this year which focus on a supposed relative of Oshino and I guess the third and final saga.
You can't even really call it "girls" as it's on the sisters only, really. Only Tsubasa and Hitagi and any real role in Karen Bee so far. Not sure how Tsukihi Phoenix will play out in regards to the other chars.

And which scene exactly are you actually talking about? Those three are the only ones that come to mind... Unless you mean something in the trailer section? Otherwise, the only thing I can pinpoint would be the skinny-dipping bathing scene. I have to admit it was tastefully done and not outright blatant fan-service. Speaking of which...

Nise 07: More Koyomi/Karen fetish fuel in that ep, huh? Especially the quick shot near the end when Koyomi goes to check in on Karen. ^_~
Yes, I was talking about the bathing scene. As I said before I'd like to see more of that in other shows, and I don't mean like the regular hot spring bathing types.
So you just want more fanservice that isn't so stereotypical of most anime.
I guess, it's more that I want something that feels unique to be shown a bit more.
You like something that helps identify a show, or just something that isn't often used?

Speaking of Lagrange, I find myself liking it quite a bit. It's pretyy character driven so far. I like tha amount of time spent on developing the 3 main chars and their relationships both to each other and the rest of the cast.

I was pleasantly surprised that the series is actually 2-cour long rather than 1-cour. I was wondering why it felt kinda slow on the development in the first few eps because I thought it was only gonna be 12-13 eps.

I'm guessing it's gonna pick up a bit more now. The 3 main pilots are officially together. Then there's was the plot point/device at the end of ep 6 concerning the VOX. Well, that's in addition to the whole prophecy thing regarding the VOXes. I do kinda like how they pace all the background info so far as well.

I'm hoping Lagrange doesn't wind up a disappointment in the end. I really like it. The chars are plain, yet unique (or idiosyncratic). The running gags used are well played (like the latest one with Madoka pronouncing wat's-his-name's name ^_^) It's a nice balance so far. Hopefully the story is of the same quality.
I really need to pick up Lagrange... And some other anime along the way but the problem is the time -.-
So I watched most of your suggestions up to ep. 3 of each show and I think Sands of destruction and the third are the ones I will actively watch for a while.
Thank you.
Xavier said:
So I watched most of your suggestions up to ep. 3 of each show and I think Sands of destruction and the third are the ones I will actively watch for a while.
Thank you.
Sure but which one was the third?