Sure but which one was the third?
The Third: the girl with the blue eye
Uh, there's an actual series literally called "The Third". ^_^
StahnAileron said:
"The Third"
=

Xavier said:
The Third: the girl with the blue eye
= The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shōjo. and i'm glad, 'cause that's one i suggested!
I was suprised that Steins;Gate made another episode. I though it ended with episode 24. I thought ep 25 was pretty good. I never did like the parts where the MC embarrasses himself so i tend to skip over those parts.
Guilty Crown episode 18
I apparently skipped 17 last week somehow. I went back and got caught up.

18 was okay, but Inori's fight scene near the end of the ep kinda pissed me off. The animation and choreography of it looked and felt so shitty compared to anything Shuu did. I was quite disappointed. You'd think char at the core of the story would get better treatment me. It's like they got to this point and got tired, so they just half-assed it instead just to get it out the door. It's shoddy as hell, IMHO.
I was okay with it. Maybe could have used more movement, but the way it is now, conveys to me a feeling of being light and untouchable, at least until the end. That, and the spikes coming out of her and her clothing that made me think of wings and wisps of smoke. And did I mention her voice? I like it much better than when she is trying to be soft, it feels a lot more real.
The animation style and quality reminds me of the type you see in typical shounen series like Bleach or Naruto. The animation was cheap and the choreography practically non-existent. It's very run of the mill stock planning and animation styles.

While I understand Shuu had the Power of Kings and is THE main char, Inori is the main heroine. Her combat animation and choreography should at least be on par with the Shuu's. Even more so considering the significance of that scene as well.
It sadderns me to see the flame wars of the watermarks you see in mangas... I get the feeling this just get worse.

Gotta agree with stahn when Inori fought. Though it seems that Shu atleast got his resolve. Lets see how he shall fight with one arm

While on BRS the counselor sure is a saint they way she speaks. Another thing is I want to see more fight scenes -.-
FoliFF said:
It sadderns me to see the flame wars of the watermarks you see in mangas... I get the feeling this just get worse.
i think the ones on batoto are sans watermarks...if you ask me, the thing about watermarks and manga readers(especially manga fox) is just plain hypocritical. i mean, the scanlators are already ripping the copyright holders by manking an illegally translated version (despite the original version actually being paid for by some and not just taken from an uploaded source) and then them getting their panties in a wad when some joe-shmoe rips them by ditro'ing "their work" on a reader. yeah, i get that some readers have ads(like mangafox and mangareader) that generates their site revenue, but seriously people!? the whole business is a damn "chicken or egg" scenario. who's really at fault? the ones that make the illegal copy, or the ones that "sell" it? it's just like drugs: you have messengers, pushers, dealers and growers. who do you cast judgement on? same can be said about this: the scanlaters are shittin' the readers 'cause places like mangafox are getting money from ads on their site, whereas the scanning groups have to rely on weak donations. they don't like it because they(the scanlators) feel they have "worked" for their money are pissed at the them(the readers) because they've found out how to make money and thus we see the watermarks because the readers won't give any money to the scanlators so they can continue making illegal translations.

edit
originally, i believe this whole damned fiasco started with the time limit: "wait 48 hrs before uploading to a reader" or something like that. well, like almost every person, people didn't want to wait 2 days after a release which was prolly stuck on the back burner for 2 weeks up to 2 months since it came out in JPN to read a manga (and i don't know about you, but i personally find going to each and every scanner's website and keeping track of them a pain in the arse) so joe-schmoe puts it up on a reader to make it easy to track and keep up with chapters, imo. naturally, not abiding by the scanlators wishes concerning "their" work fueled the fire to put small, unobtrusive logo's on the bottom of the pages with the threat that they would continue if the now upped time limit wasn't abided by. well, obviously, we're at where we are now because of impatience and the belief that a pirated and altered work is solely owned by the one(s) who modified it. they want you to go to their site and click on their ads so they can generate revenue as well, but take for instance "air gear". just how many scanning groups have been doing that series since it started? not having a centralized place to keep track of all that can be difficult when the project gets halted and no one knows if some one else has picked it up.
then there are the groups who don't give a damn about the "politics" behind this and simply want people to read their stuff and they're having fun doing this.
i guess this is where sites like batoto come in, where they allocate a portion of their ad-generated revenue and donate it to the scanlators (reportedly). prolly why most of their uploads don't have watermarks, though they aren't always up to date with the more recent chapters.
I find this explaination of the whole watermark issue compeling. True the whole thing is illeagal but if it wasn't for them there wouldn't be much manga nor anime for me.
Since all the licensing sure take their time and it's basically only the best sellers are on the shelves (and even they are not even up-to-date) while they other are unstable or got dropped.
Episode 8 of Nisemonogatari is awesome. Though i don't understand how someone can feel pleasure from someone else brushing their teeth. Still that was some great fan service :3
Tiki said:
Episode 8 of Nisemonogatari is awesome. Though i don't understand how someone can feel pleasure from someone else brushing their teeth. Still that was some great fan service :3
I think Araragi said something about it being psychological. Not sure though. I kinda found it hard to pay attention to the dialogue. >_>
I'm in love with Karen thanks to that ep. ^_^ It also made it very blatantly clear she's taller than Koyomi. (It was harder for me to tell in other instances of the two together in the same frame.)

Karen's definitely got the body ("Yay!" for fanservice: Karen no pantsu!) ^_^ Though the way she was dressed in Ep 08 reminded me alot of Nadeko. Then again, I adore Nadeko as well. Though now I kinda feel cheated that Kanbaru, Karen, and I believe Mayoi (well, that was more her getting molested...^_^; ) got so much fanservice scenes while Nadeko's was more tame in comparision so far. Well, Karen is one of the two main focuses for this season, so I guess it makes sense. (Sorta; S1 didn't have anywhere near as much fanservice in the entire series compare to some single eps in S2.)

Oh, wait, nevermind...Nadeko had the bloomers scene in S1. ^_^;

rargy said:
I think Araragi said something about it being psychological. Not sure though. I kinda found it hard to pay attention to the dialogue. >_>
He was actually comparing it to how some actions, when imposed on a person by another person, would be a source of psychological stress on the recipient. The example he used was how some girls are VERY picky about letting their hair get touched as opposed to say their body.

So yeah. Somehow, Nisemono turned brushing someones else's teeth for them into a pseudo-euphemism for (w)incest... ^_^;
I love Karen as well, but I love Tsuhiki's OP too. While Karen's OP was good because it was Karen and the song, Tsuhiki's was better. I can't wait till both songs come out as full versions.

Btw that scene where Karen is hugging Koyomi and he's screaming that it's creepy. That's how I am when my sister tries that.
The monogatari series handles fan-service so much better than most. Not random voyeuristic panty and breast shots with characters too naive too understand their own sexuality. That sort of crap feels like a cheap trick they throw because that's what they expect me want.

The monogatari fanservice is so much more raw. Both character's are completely aware of it, and it's interesting to see how each female lead deals with the sexual tension. While still somewhat perverted (everybody is a little perverted), I don't feel nearly the sense of shame that comes from watching a series that consists of 24 minutes of interspersed nudity between every female lead. They're splitting love from sexual desire, and it's . . . just awful.

On a side note, I'm going to remember this last episode next time I go to the dentist.
Well, Tsukihi barely got any screen time for an ep feature her in title and OP sequence. Then again, the first half (actually, a lot) of Karen's arc barely featured her as well except for a few key points. Seems to be more about the situation around the char rather than the char herself. *shrug* But meh. I still appreciate the wonderly original fanservice method in Nise so far.

Tsukihi shall be another yandere to add to my collection, it seems ^_^

Anyway, as PAIIS mentions, it nice in Nise that the chars are fully aware of the situation in regards to fanservice. It is a bit irritating sometimes in other, fanservice-centric series where it's just blatantly shoved into the ep planning as a checklist item. Plus the very cliched reactions.

So far this season, only Nise and PapaKiki have actually good/decent fanservice to them. Oh, Lagrange as well, to some extent. PapaKiki is kinda clished in the reactions, but the overall mood of the series (quite heartwarming) makes up for it.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not watching much this season with stereotypical fanservice in it... I think. I haven't touched ZnT S4 yet. Highschool DxD is pretty blatant, but it's not the irritating kind (usually; that slime monster scene was a "WTF? Honestly?" moment for me.) And the chars are generally aware of the fact (in particular, Rias). My only complaint about the fanservice sections is the male lead. Kinda irritating.
I'll live with the lack of story progression. I now know why the toothbrush is associated with Karen.
I just reminded myself that there will be Mass Effect anime this comming this summer. Still nothing about the plot obviously but I'm kinda intrested what it will be. This will be a series after all and not like Halo Legends where it contained 7 short films.

And I realized I havn't seen any anime adaptation where it orginally comes from the western media e.g video games. Exception from Halo Legends. Is there any more?

It is rare that western media gets an anime adaptation?
FoliFF said:
I just reminded myself that there will be Mass Effect anime this comming this summer. Still nothing about the plot obviously but I'm kinda intrested what it will be. This will be a series after all and not like Halo Legends where it contained 7 short films.

And I realized I havn't seen any anime adaptation where it orginally comes from the western media e.g video games. Exception from Halo Legends. Is there any more?

There's going to be a bleach movie. It'll be like the Dragon ball z movie but hopefully better.
FoliFF said:
Generally, yes. Cultural differences. usually.

The only reason why anime even get live-action adaption in the west is because Hollywood is a bunch of money-grubbing pigs who don't give a damn about anything beyond the bottom line.

Western stuff tend to get movies or TV shows instead (if the networks can get their collective heads out of "reality TV's" ass, that is.)

To be honest, JPN live-action stuff is pretty "meh" in general. They tend to over-act. Again, it's a cultural thing. The JPN like it. Though their "variety" shows are "WTF?" to most non-JPN viewers.

Still, I'd rather western stuff get "cartoon" instead of anime adaptations. There some things that anime connotates to me. That's mainly JPN cultural reference and practices. Seeing western media adapted to that seems pretty awkward. (Hell, it's kinda weird even when you see instances of that in normal anime.) I have the same problem seeing JPN-stuff adpated to western standards (part of the reason I don't care for dubs.)
Somehow I expected that kind of answer. Sad but true -.-

Edit: Another ep 8
Nice fan service otherwise
Rinnon is awesome and I'd love to have one for myself. I wish they made a plushie of it though, either regular or has a voice thing so it can say "Na!" all the time. It'd fit well with my Catia droid plushy from Asobi no Ikuyo.
PapaKiki 08: Good god, that little girl...
Hina makes and breaks this friggin' show, I swear. Even the in-series characters can't resist her!

Chihayafuru 21 lines up for later. I'd comment on Another 08, but really, there's nothing to be said other than Another is turning out pretty nice. Wonderful change of pace. (And thank goodness PapaKiki airs a day or so after it ^_~)

Anyone else think this current season (Winter '12) is turning out pretty nice overall? I've only dropped Symphogear (my rants about it are in the older thread.) I haven't touched ZnT S4 or Shana yet, though. ZnT due to the disappointment from S2 and S3; Shana becuase I'm nowhere near caught up with it.

And now that I think about it, Kugimiya Rie must've had a busy as hell schedule for the past few months (Louise and Shana). I still prefer her more mild roles (e.g. Rose and Astarotte) to her hardcore chars (Louise, Shana, Taiga). Even Nagi and Aria are tolerable to compared to her 3 "Pillars of Tsun". I only dislike Nagi becuase she's a spoiled brat. As for Aria: she was overshadowed by the yan in Hidan for me ^_^;
She plays an unused character in Kill me Baby, and talk about mild, because she has to try to get attention but fails miserably. She's also in Persona 4 but that's because she was in it for the game. It's hard to tell it's her cause she's not doing the usual and being more serious, same in Idolmaster too, as I sorta didn't get the same vibe from what she usually does.

Hina does indeed give you that feeling, makes me want one of my own.

Btw this is a bit going into the video game thread but still talking about Kugimiya Rie, but she's in this game called Asura's Wrath, and I was a bit surprised cause if you watch anime more than play games (especially imports) you think Rie does mainly anime roles, but she does video game roles too. Even though I should know from Persona 4 and Idolmaster plus some other games.
Quick thing about Another episode 8. Does anyone else love Mei when she has some emotion on her face? I think she was absolutely adorable when she had that little smile, or was scared stiff by that octopus. I hope she shows more emotion as the series goes on. As for the death, I was expecting a lot bloodier and more violent.
Bardiche752 said:
Btw this is a bit going into the video game thread but still talking about Kugimiya Rie, but she's in this game called Asura's Wrath, and I was a bit surprised cause if you watch anime more than play games (especially imports) you think Rie does mainly anime roles, but she does video game roles too. Even though I should know from Persona 4 and Idolmaster plus some other games.
Oh, I know that feeling. Looking up Tamura Yukari and find out she did the original JPN computer voice for the original PSone-era Armored Core game. She also played the voice for a Tokimeki Memorial 2 char. (TokiMemo2 was also a big title for me: not because I played it, but because it had a massive collection of character songs. TokiMemo2 and Hayashibara Megumi were my entry drugs to J-Pop ^_~)

Senakysam said:
-snip-
I think that's partially the point of how the series is playing out. The synopsis for the novel on Wikipedia is a giant spoiler, but how this is evolving still intrigues me. (I'm more of type in it for the ride than the destination when it comes to most media.)
Tiki said:
There's going to be a bleach movie. It'll be like the Dragon ball z movie but hopefully better.
No way man... any anime movie put with real people is always crap... especially if Hollywood gets hold of it. >.< So frustrating... I saw the advert for Dragon Ball Z and absolutely refused to watch it. They ruined everything about it.

Bleach is cool in Anime form because Anime makes the impossible, possible. Real people acting this will just kill it's brilliance.

RANDOM:

If you guys were to come together and make an anime, what would you want it to be about and what would your characters look like?
Zipporah-Mai said:
If you guys were to come together and make an anime, what would you want it to be about and what would your characters look like?
I actually posted a response to a similar question in a different (locked) forum. Touched it up a bit, so here it is again.

Wall of text

As to what the character's would look like, I very vague idea, though I'd a real artist to design something more original and concrete.
That's awesome! You should think about writing it down for real! Once you've got the story sorted and near complete, you could hook up with some anime artists, write out the storyboard and begin the epic journey of what is a brilliant Anime! I can just hear the voice guy saying: "Coming to a store near you! **Batteries not included**" haha. The last bit was a joke but I'm serious about the rest. :)

Serious question for a moment... To those of you who have seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica...
I'm cosplaying Mami Tomoe for this year's London Film & Comicon convention, and I'm trying to get every detail correct... Homura and Sayaka both have a magical mark on their middle finger's nail. (Homura has the purple Diamond, and Sayaka has the blue "C" mark). I've looked back and tried to see if Mami has one, but I wasn't able to notice anything... If possible, could you guys point out some subtle markings and detail to her outfit? I've already made the yellow flower hairpin, the white feather to go with it, and the basic outfit, but I don't know about anything else. >.< Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plus, I'm making Charlotte from scratch, so I'm actually having a lot of fun with this. :D