Overlord is pretty fun.

I am getting a bit tired since Sword art online gave birth to all the MMORGP related anime. But this route is quite fun. It's a bit like Log Horizon, but from the villains point of view. Taking over the world o/
The thing that bothers me are all the terms they use in these anime's tho. What makes Yggdrasil such a popular word to use. And which doofus names himself Ains Ooal Gown.
And what's the thing with those MMO worlds having different 'Floors'.

Ahh well entertaining.

GATE is also pretty fun.

Tho my favorite this season is probably Gangsta!.
While the plot being trapped in another world have existed for centuries but I think .hack// series was one of the first anime that started with being stuck inside a MMORPG. Well you are correct that it was SAO that popularized the trope in recent time.

Artwork said:
And what's the thing with those MMO worlds having different 'Floors'.
An old idea from dungeon crawlers and other similar rpg games when you are inside a dungeon, caslte or similar. Where at the end of the room of the floor there usually a boss or/and a treasure. Seems to more popular in Japan propably because they like more linear plot/games compared to western "open world".
So it seems I got back into anime with a vengance. I'm completely caught up with DanMachi, Parasyte, monster musume, and yamada-kun to 7-nin no majo. Then I re-watched all of Oreimo. All this over a weekend. Loved them all.
TommyGunn said:
Then I re-watched all of Oreimo.
I should do this... I've seen the first season like 4~ times. But that was when I first watched it in 2012. I watched it several times back to back because I thought it was so good.

I need to go and rewatch Index and Railgun.

Problem is I have loads of other stuff which has been on my "To Watch" list for ages, as well as Rewrite to finish... I also have Vol 2 and 3 of the index LN to read.

Funny thing is though, I'm currently on summer break and will be until the end of September, have no job and don't intent to get one, so have plenty of time to do it. I just get too engrossed in other things during the day, and so never get round to actually doing any of it and when it gets late I'll just watch normal TV or occasionally read a doujinshi.

This season I'm only watching Charlotte, which so far is quite good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkjQ7WetVJk

This is why people think we're all perverted weirdos.

BTW, haven't seen the show, but I hear it's mostly fanservice and not much plot or character development (SEX sells, after all).
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country. " wtf
I get this a lot, also from the bbc.....
Well, I don't think I am missing much here.
Well.... bikini warriors.... warrior girls in bikinis.
It's not available for me either. Fuck Funimation.
otaku_emmy said:
I hear it's mostly fanservice and not much plot or character development (SEX sells, after all).
was probably that one , a monster licking their breasts.

Not just mostly but all there is
aradan said:
was probably that one , a monster licking their breasts.

Not just mostly but all there is
Nope. Not that clip. It was around three minutes involving the four girls facing various foes and sorting out their "armor" (bikini) situation for combat.

It's supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek lampoon of Asian RPG costume designs for female characters, but it mostly just seems like an excuse to grind out (lel) more T 'n A heavy anime.
I believe they all are 3 min long
aradan said:
I believe they all are 3 min long
I also heard that.

Three minutes is long enough to rub one out, right?
Genuine honest(yes, redundancy is my game) curious question: do you people find Madoka Magica to be extremely misogynistic?
Well, as to be expected charlotte is awesome.
Ahahahaha! I just started GATE and reached the episode with Italica. I burst out laughing so hard when their leader fell on Rory's spear! Bahahaha!
GATE is the best anime this season in my opinion. Although Charlotte and Prison School are great as well.
No love for shimoneta?
Prison school? I watched the first 10 minutes and dropped it.

GATE is great tho.
Overlord is still going nice as well.
Gangsta is also really good.

Shimoneta.. just for the hell of it. It's fun I guess.
Agreed with Overlord, Gangsta and Shimoneta. As for Prison School, you love it or you hate it: ecchi, lots of painful moments and an original art style. I like to see the uncensored version, same goes with Shimoneta (Hiryuu is already uploading the uncensored version of Shimoneta, but is a lot slower compared to HorribleSubs).
@ emmy & Tensa

I have to say, even though I've only watched the first season and have yet to enjoy the lovely get-together of her and her brother, I truly favored Kazami Kazuki. C'mon, she's amazing.
To be fair it comes down to how you see incest and rape. She is one squicky character.
Can we please kill off the main character of Gakkou Gurashi? She's friggin annoying. Kill her off please.
Where the fuck is GATE ep 11? :_:
Awww damn somehow I seriously thought it was saturday morning.
I lied. It's already out.
Tensa said:
I lied. It's already out.
I think you know which scene to make a gif out.
Rory on bed :D
*coughs violently* Now wait just a minute I've yet to watch it! Gonna watch it now. I've been preoccupied with..... stuff until now.
Well I'm quite happy with how they came up with the name for Charlotte anime..
Far better than the BS that some of the community (not this one) were coming up with.

Speaking about the origins of the names..

Anyone know how they came up with the names of the other Key works.
Air, Kanon and Clannad?
Clannad is from yer Irish counterparts ye English lad. Means 'family'.
Kanon. They explained it in the anime, iirc. A good life is when you have great moments in it, or something.
I'm not sure about Air, but it pretty much revolves around that 'Winged Maiden', right? She's bound to the sky or something like that. Air is pretty much what you see when you look at the sky. Or don't see, for that matter.
Angel Beats is kind of self explanatory at the end of the anime. Angel, Kanade. And her 'beats'.
Key has a beautiful way of naming their works.
Ah righty oh.

I noticed a while ago, that Key has an obsession with Trees. All of their menu screens in the games have an image with a tree in.