kono_subarashii_sekai_ni_shukufuku_wo! is the only anime I've watched in recent memory that has consistently made me laugh like a madman every single episode.
TommyGunn said:
kono_subarashii_sekai_ni_shukufuku_wo! is the only anime I've watched in recent memory that has consistently made me laugh like a madman every single episode.
Try Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. If you like that type of humor, it's great. It has good OP and ED too.
While I enjoy "Slice of life" anime comedy, unfortunately my other half does not, especially if the primary environment for interaction is school. Do either of the above anime have a story line associated with them other than to facilitate humorous situations?
Dummy said:
Try Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. If you like that type of humor, it's great. It has good OP and ED too.
And that one has the best opening song I've enjoyed since Death Parade. Pretty good closing song as well. I think it's more cute than funny, but it certainly has it's moments.

Kiho said:
While I enjoy "Slice of life" anime comedy, unfortunately my other half does not, especially if the primary environment for interaction is school. Do either of the above anime have a story line associated with them other than to facilitate humorous situations?
Konosuba is mostly a mockery of the RPG type animes lately, and Kobayashi is about an alcoholic office worker who's life is invaded by a dragon dressed as a maid. Not a school to be seen.
TommyGunn said:
[...] Kobayashi is about an alcoholic office worker who's life is invaded by a dragon dressed as a maid. Not a school to be seen.
spoiler
Re: Jigoku Shoujo
Kiho said:
I have all three of the current released series. Looking forward to the new one! I only hope that it will remain true to the story.
Is the third series really worth watching? I think I saw maybe 3 episodes of it before I decided that it wasn't worth watching. If I recall, it just seemed too.... ridiculous?
I agree that several of the episodes in the middle of the third season of "Jigoku Shoujo, Three Vessels", were not up to snuff. Unlike the first two seasons, the third season has a story arc across multiple episodes following Yuzuki Mikage. Those middle episodes set up the ending, without them, the ending would not have carried the same punch.
??? I'd swear I didn't get to the middle. I thought I had a problem with the episodes from the very first and quit around the 3rd. Primarily with the sequences where they are sent to hell. I figured it probably had something to do with Kikuri's influence since she was appearing a lot. But they just seemed so ridiculous and would REALLY spoil the atmosphere of the series.

At least that's what I remember. It has been a while since I watched it.
This is a spoiler for Three Vessels
I just skimmed that over to try to avoid actually spoiling the plot (and probably failed). But I'm 99% sure that that spoiler didn't address anything I mentioned in my last post...