It's three in the morning and I just finished watching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions all in one setting.

Anyone know if Season 2 is worth watching? Or will it destroy the wonderful ending season 1 had?
I say watch it. I loved both seasons. And if you love an anime enough you should watch all of it you can anyway. :p

It had two of the best waifus (Sanae and Rikka), and what I feel was a genuinely beautiful, pure love story. Something you don't see in many anime.
... That's how they translated that title? Seriously... Despite leaving "Chuunibyou" basically untranslated (the one word that makes the title difficult to translate), they still practically re-wrote it...

I had thought he was talking about some other anime until you named those characters...
To be fair, sometimes English titles are easier to remember, even if they're not translated well or they leave some stuff out. :/
Sorry, I had forgotten we were purists. I honestly have a hard time remembering the Japanese names for shows in most cases, and when I do, I butcher the names so bad even other rednecks look at me funny.
Eh. I still think you're good.

Like I said, it's kind of a pain to remember and say "Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru". So using the shorthand "Noucome" or the English title is easier.
There's no need to force yourself to use one or the other. I was just surprised how they translated it. Normally, even if someone uses the English title here, it's close enough that I know what they are referring to. But for this one they completely changed the meaning of the title...

otaku_emmy said:
It's kind of a pain to remember and say "Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru".
Yeah, I never liked the convention of using long sentences as titles. I think it's only been about 8 years or so since they started doing that... I didn't really mind it the first couple times I saw that, though I thought it was a bad move. But it really bothered me when so many others copied it.

TommyGunn said:
I honestly have a hard time remembering the Japanese names for shows in most cases, and when I do, I butcher the names so bad even other rednecks look at me funny.
Remembering them gets easier as you learn the words they use. Speaking them is more difficult. Japanese uses a pitch accent which sounds different than the emphasis we give certain syllables in English. When I try to mix a Japanese word or title into an English spoken conversation, I usually fail miserably...
A lot of phases, especially catchy phrases for headlines and titles don't translate well, or loose impact even when the translation is understandable. shokugeki_no_soma, the literal translation looses much of the meaning (and the embedded pun as well) to read more.

Also Soma's catch phrase お粗末 (おそまつ, o-somatsu, which was translated as "hoped you liked it" in the anime, translates very differently, would not be understood properly by someone not steeped in Japanese culture and also has an embedded pun to read more.

Sentence length titles suck on two levels:
1) They are hard to remember.
2) They take a big bite out of the 256 character maximum file length on windows, not to mention that they are a pain to enter. So they always get abbreviated.

Waiting for the next season of shokugeki_no_soma. It was earlier announced that it would be released in this week, but now it will be this fall *sadness*.
TommyGunn said:
It's three in the morning and I just finished watching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions all in one setting.

Anyone know if Season 2 is worth watching? Or will it destroy the wonderful ending season 1 had?
You should watch it because it is a must.
Do you guys think there's anything new worth watching this season? From what I've seen it's all trash.
I'm just looking out for Owari 2 later this month and Pop Team Epic in the fall.
traz64 said:
Do you guys think there's anything new worth watching this season? From what I've seen it's all trash.
Made in abyss, and, for people that are into it, Gamers.
That's the only two that came in mind at the moment. (and the only two I really watch.)
Is Ranma 1/2 good?
shokugeki_no_soma season 3 debuts in October!
otaku_emmy said:
Is Ranma 1/2 good?
... I never know how to respond to questions like this.

It was popular enough back then to air 161 episodes...

Like Urusei Yatsura, it was very episodic with practically no character development. I found it interesting at the time, but I'm not sure I'd find anime like those all that interesting anymore...

Watch the first few episodes and that should tell you what the series is like.
80s anime is fun to watch just for the novelty of the art style.
I'll watch it then. I wanna watch Inuyasha too, but I feel like it'd be better for me to start with Ranma 1/2. I don't mind light, episodic stuff. I prefer it.

I'm running low on anime lately.
Agos said:
Yeah that's actually where I drew the example from. Still can't believe Chika went out of her way to wear clothes that expose he collarbones just because she thought it appealed to Ryota's interests. XD
... Is that something that happened later in the series and not in the OVA? In the OVA (and the series) it was Yuuki that was wearing clothes like that and that was only by chance. She was already wearing them when that subject came up.

I haven't bothered finishing the series. I think I watched about 3 episodes, but it was nowhere near as good as the OVA... The art style and character designs weren't as appealing. And even the scenes they reused were done poorly in comparison...
Got that post-anime depression after finishing Owarimongatari 2. Such a statisfying conclusion to the seriesspoiler