There's an anime where the main girl is a shrine maiden and she has a loli-ish sidekick who is also a shrine maiden and it turns out they both have mahou shoujo powers from being possessed by gods and there's also a Western-blondie-girl supporting character and they use their god powers to fight these demons from other planes of existence. The MC lost her mom when she was little and now she lives with her dad who's a cop/detective. There's an organization that the blonde one belongs to. The "demons" possess normal humans and use them to fight and then once they're defeated the human goes in to a catatonic state.

For the love of god can someone tell me the name? I'm pretty sure the MC's name is part of the title but I can't for the life of me find anything.
otaku_emmy said:
There's an anime where the main girl is a shrine maiden and she has a loli-ish sidekick who is also a shrine maiden and it turns out they both have mahou shoujo powers from being possessed by gods and there's also a Western-blondie-girl supporting character and they use their god powers to fight these demons from other planes of existence. The MC lost her mom when she was little and now she lives with her dad who's a cop/detective. There's an organization that the blonde one belongs to. The "demons" possess normal humans and use them to fight and then once they're defeated the human goes in to a catatonic state.

For the love of god can someone tell me the name? I'm pretty sure the MC's name is part of the title but I can't for the life of me find anything.
Isn't that Soushin Shoujo Matoi? I'm sure it is.
OH MY GOD THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
Has anyone seen the new Kino's Journey? Is it worth checking out?
Just finished the manga Oyasumi Punpun and I feel empty and lost now. It started off bright like the child Punpun was and ended so dark. Not going to spoil the whole story, but there will be many different events relatable to real life. It also includes betrayal, suicide, domestic violence, murder and sex, even though the main character looks like he is drawn by a kid. The story is deep and psychological, just like Aku no Hana, so you might like this if you read that.

Giving it a 9 out of 10.

On a different note, Kino no Tabi is rated pretty high on MAL so I assume it is worth checking out.
aku no hana was a masterpiece. the ending was disappointing, though.
That gross animation.
That's one of the main reasons I couldn't watch it. That and the subject matter isn't really my cup of tea.

The comparison is pretty drastic though.
Aggretsuko is literally just marketing to the girls who grew up on Hello Kitty.
I've seen several posts about that show today, coincidentally. People seem to like it.

Edit: Jeez, I noticed I made a spelling mistake an entire month later. Nice going.
It's cute. Except her death metal outbursts are unbearable cringe that I can't sit through. Ironic weeb normie shit though so I can't in good conscience support it.
"Aggretsuko May Just Be the Best New Show About What It's Like to Be a Millennial Woman". Christ on a tricycle. If even Vogue has a headline about an ANIME like that then I understand the desire to stay away from it.

I'm kinda like you in that I can't really enjoy something if it's too liked or mainstream. That's why I never got in to things One-Punch Man or Attack on Titan. (That and I was annoyed by the entire premise of One-Punch Man.)

There's something nice and elitist about watching and liking anime that no one ever talks about. XD
I spent half of last night and most of the afternoon on a marathon binge and just finished watching 'Tales of Zestiria the X' Series 01 and 02 (Teiruzu Obu Zesutiria Za Kurosu).

This is about my 6th time seeing it, and I have to say the story and art work are just awesome. It fuses some brilliant classic hand drawn anime style with CGI (much like Girls Und Panzer ... another fave)

I've watched both the subbed and English dubbed versions of Zestiria and the dub is excellent, very faithful to the original Japanese.

My favorite character, is Alisha Diphda, the main female protagonist, she so damn kwai, she haunted my dreams last night, resulting in one of the best dreams I've ever had.

I Highly recommend
I finished Panty & Stocking last night. I knew I wouldn't like it very much, but I watched it out of sheer curiosity and to be able to say I'd seen it. Eight years after everyone else. XD

The "humor" and crassness didn't really sit well with me, and I thought the show was pretty....not great to look at. It wasn't UGLY, I just personally didn't like the art direction.

As far as liking the characters goes, I hated Panty. I liked the Demon Sisters. I'd have to say that Stocking was my favorite. I didn't like Chuck and I kept wondering why they made him look so much like Gir.

Anyway, I gave it a 6/10 on MAL.
Ah, you're a lady of culture as well. Yes, the art of P&S is stupid and I didn't like it one bit. In any case, the anime is just like shitposting. Every episode is a shitpost.
Yeah, exactly. It felt like it was trying too hard. And I get that people enjoy that type of thing sometimes, especially with anime where the market is often over saturated with either shounen stuff or big anime tiddies or moe lolis, but in this case it just was a miss for me.
Re: Cutie Honey did it better humor wise. I will say I did enjoy the art in Panty and Stocking. It was something different.
I finished FLCL: Progressive today. I can see why a lot of people who were very attached to the original didn't like it, but I didn't think it was that bad. It was nowhere near as good as the first run, but if you look at it as its own thing it's...fine. I felt like they ended up making it too generic and a bit of a mess plot wise. It didn't feel the same as the original.
I recently watched an 17+ year old OVA called "Nekojiru-sou" (lit. "Cat Soup"). The animation was gorgeous, but it was really weird and bewildering. I'm not sure what actually happened in the story. I can say that it WAS good though. If you don't mind bizarre imagery and anime that don't have any real dialogue I'd say give it a shot.
otaku_emmy said:
17+ year old
Damn, didn't realize it was that old. Ever watch Lain?
traz64 said:
Damn, didn't realize it was that old. Ever watch Lain?
No, but it's on my list. I've got 98 things on my "To Watch" list, and I'm currently watching Inuyasha and Hinamatsuri.
Well this book isn't anime related, but It's absolutely amazing. It's called Language in Thought and Action by Hayakawa.Really good read.
Does anybody know if Nanatsu No Taizai (Seven Deadly Sins) will get a 4th season? I watched the whole 3 seasons last month and I loved it, so I was wondering if it will get a 4th season. Does anybody have any information regarding it pls tell me.
ssagwp said:
Does anybody know if Nanatsu No Taizai (Seven Deadly Sins) will get a 4th season? I watched the whole 3 seasons last month and I loved it, so I was wondering if it will get a 4th season. Does anybody have any information regarding it pls tell me.
Yes, I do understand that Seven Deadly Sins has released a new season, but also an anime movie

Seven Deadly Sins update

Also Check here
Yes hello can someone tell me whether or not it's essential to watch both versions of a Pop Team Epic episode or can I just skip the second one?
otaku_emmy said:
Yes hello can someone tell me whether or not it's essential to watch both versions of a Pop Team Epic episode or can I just skip the second one?
You can probably skip. Some of the skits are a bit different, but not to the point that you'll miss much.
Thank you. Cuz I wasn't about to watch another 12~13 min. of the same thing w/ different voices.

I prefer the male voices anyways. It's funnier.
Adult Swim is making a Blade Runner anime!

"The series will be produced by animation studio Sola Digital Arts. Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama will direct all episodes of the premiere season..." and "Shinichiro Watanabe will serve as creative producer." Also, "production IG’s Mitsuhisa Ishikawa is participating as production adviser."

It sounds like it's going to be pretty good.
otaku_emmy said:
Adult Swim is making a Blade Runner anime!

"The series will be produced by animation studio Sola Digital Arts. Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama will direct all episodes of the premiere season..." and "Shinichiro Watanabe will serve as creative producer." Also, "production IG’s Mitsuhisa Ishikawa is participating as production adviser."

It sounds like it's going to be pretty good.
OMG Blade Runner is one of my favorite films, can't wait to see the anime version and if Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama are directing ... it's gonna be great.

Thanks for the heads up Emmy, I'll be watching out for that one!

I'm currently watching Attack of The Titans series 3 ... up to episode 5, so far so good, if you haven't seen it. I recommend ... English dub is available, and pretty decent.