Hmmm. That's a tough one.

Nichijou, Pop Team Epic, original FLCL, Gintama, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Monster, Kino's Journey, Paranoia Agent, Non Non Biyori, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Howl's Moving Castle, Girls' Last Tour, Wasurenagumo, JoJo just because, InuYasha, and the dub of Gakkou no Kaidan which almost doesn't really count. And I like Ghost in the Shell more as an overarching concept and media franchise as opposed to a specific anime adaptation of it.

That's more than ten but I did my best to narrow it down...
I agree with many of your selections emmy, and it's hard to choose the top ten

Grave of the Fireflies was a total experience for me, so sad yet so damn beautiful!

I think the late and brilliant Roger Ebert summed it up so nicely The Grave of The Fireflies

I do cry often when I watch The Grave of The Fireflies.

Howl's moving Castle was outstanding, how it was so hard to leave this off my list, then I watch Ponyo, then I deliberate if this post could have more about been about Studio Ghible! It's hard to top them!
Forum #62108 is possibly my top 7 list, though it may be outdated.
Zolxys said:
Sakasama no Patema
Favorite movie not connected to a series. Great concept!
Oh wow, yes, although it was made in 2014, I only saw it for the first time about 6 months ago and was totally blown away. I encourage every one to see.

Definitely one of the most interesting movies, great love story with a tragic twist.

Sakasama no Patema (English dubbed version - Patema Inverted) trailer

As far as genius levels I would put it up there with the (sadly -the late) Satoshi Kon's Paprika (trailer) (which I would like to add to my list)
snıluusıə said:
looking for a show name of a few girls fighting that was so... rather quite.

there's a black haired older sister
and a younger gold haired girl.
looking for a show name of a few girls fighting that was so... rather quite.

fighting with guns and telepathic skills, very dull toned color, played in animax

there's a black haired older sister
and a younger gold haired girl.

is this the right thread to ask
Yep. I even moved your original post here for you.

It's kinda like fishing though. You have to wait and see if anyone "bites".
sorry i dont fish.
but sailing looks fun.

thanks for the move but i mustve miswrote it.

how do i fav this thread or get notification for replies?

Mod Edit: the drawing felt rather like calamity of a zombie girl, Bakemonogatari and soltyrei of sorts.
the music is rather uninspired, and there's so little relationship but lots of actions.

Quite memorable because animax was short of grand shows like K-On back then.
It also lacks comedy and dull...kinda like Lain or Boogiepop.

Basically charlie's angels with a dash of Birdy the mighty.

Quality of a class with Bubblegum crisis, paprika, and soltyrei. maybe even same era.
No double posting in a thread within 24 hours.

And you can't..."fave" or "like" threads. They just "light up" when someone replies in one.
otaku_emmy said:
No double posting in a thread within 24 hours.
ah alright sorry, where's the rule again?
I don't know where it's written down but it's 100% a rule. It's to prevent people from spamming.
It's actually on the Wiki. 12th rule.

You either search it on the wiki or go to Comments, Reply and click that boldy caps-locked text bellow the text box.
Thank you very much, Ten-san.
Recently finished watching <Shangri-la>. I would give it an 8 out of 10. There are a couple of painful characters, but in the conclusion, their characters work into the plot. The plot has several, some very, unexpected twists that nicely tie up the loose ends....The plot has a bit of everything, comedy, action, drama.....but be prepared for a couple of disturbing massacres....the bad guys are.......really bad.

Oh, and the whole premise about carbon trading and the manipulation of it is a nice touch to all the bs climate schemes.
Anyone seen Violet Evergarden. I have watched like 2 eps and it seems like a roller coaster of feels, in a good way and bad way but mostly in a good way. Really loving it atm and I am hoping it only gets better for Violet.
I have. And it gets way better. Keep watching.
I love Emilia.
Tensa said:
I love Emilia.
I see you're a man of culture as well.
Might as well mention some stuff to keep the thread alive.

I've been watching Mitsuboshi Colors. I've never simultaneously loved and hated a loli more than I do 2/3 of that crew.

But it did teach me the term CGDCT, so that's something. The animation is nice as well. Cute and simple.
RobiHachi may be the fastest I've dropped a show. 0:58... Didn't even make it to the OP.
I finished Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis and Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul tonight and all i have to say is why did they go and kill of so many main characters. I am glad that Nina and Chris are alive after all that but it was kinda a fairy tale ending where and why did they have to kill Amira and Kaiser and El not to mention. It is one of those anime that i feel empty inside now that i finished it. Man i hate this feeling. I need more anime to watch now something that has a really happy ending with no one dead in the end.
Is anyone watching Fairy Gone? How is it for you? I read some reviews saying that the MC is female and that it is a problem for them. I absolutely don't mind the MC being a female but a few others and of course the female MC haters are saying that is isn't worth a watch.

It has been "about 24 hours ago" not fully 24 hours but i hope emmy doesn't mind me double posting :D.
For me it says "1 day ago" so you're fine.
Oh i noticed it just now as well. I guess the time it took me to write that entry to the thread has taken it past the "about 24 hours ago" point.
ssagwp said:
Is anyone watching Fairy Gone? How is it for you?
It's incredibly generic and doesn't seem to do anything new or interesting. I only made it halfway through the 2nd episode but it seemed like the creator watched FMA and thought "What if instead of alchemy it was supernatural avatars". The MC is the MC because she has a tragic backstory and is unique because she can use this avatar without undergoing state sponsored surgery.
traz64 said:
It's incredibly generic and doesn't seem to do anything new or interesting. I only made it halfway through the 2nd episode but it seemed like the creator watched FMA and thought "What if instead of alchemy it was supernatural avatars". The MC is the MC because she has a tragic backstory and is unique because she can use this avatar without undergoing state sponsored surgery.
You are saying that it is like a FMA, I really liked FMA and is the only anime me and my sis actually sit together and watch and we have seen it together a lot of times. If i enjoyed FMA this much do you think i will enjoy Fairy Gone as much as well? Have you read the manga as well? Does the manga change in any way compared to FMA at some point?
The one and only Ilya Kuvshinov is going to be the lead character designer for the newest iteration of the Ghost in the Shell anime, so that's something to look forward to.
Just a quick question, is it normal to feel enraged by SAO Alicization's ending?
I don't know. I don't know much about SAO, since I hate it and didn't continue watching it after the first season that aired way back when on Toonami.

I've been upset by certain plot developments in certain anime, but I don't think I've ever been pissed off about anything pertaining to anime.

The only things that've ever made me truly upset and angry were the cancellations of P.T. (Silent Hills) and Million Dollar Extreme Presents: World Peace.