TommyGunn said:
no
'Kay.

I don't even keep up with current stuff, but three or four of the last anime I've looked in to from the Fall 2019 season were all isekai. And that seems like a lot to me.

I guess people liked Re:Zero so much that everyone else jumped on that bandwagon. That's how it seems to me, anyways. Boy is transported to other world and is surrounded by cute chicas. I'm not saying the anime are bad (I haven't seen them), but I feel like there's only so many ways to spin the basic premise.

Like all the P.T. clones for video games.
All gimmick generes will fall eventually. Only Shonen lasts forever.
This season I'm watching which is isekai

Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru

Hataage! Kemono Michi

Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Honzuki no Gekokujou

in the previous season the only isekai I watched was Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai

otaku_emmy said:
Boy is transported to other world and is surrounded by cute chicas. I'm not saying the anime are bad (I haven't seen them), but I feel like there's only so many ways to spin the basic premise.
Also has the demon king, or defeat some powerful entity that is threatening the world, ops, I almost forgot, the famous Truck-kun

Honzuki compared to all isekai I've seen and that I remember it's one of the few who doesn't have the premise to defeat something.
You gotta love the Cautious Hero one. The expressions that the Goddess makes are the key attraction of it.

And the highschoolers in another world one is just perfect. Mary Sue characters that pretty much mess things up or rather fix things up in the other world.

Though tbh, this is probably the one time I'll give
traz64 said:
Only Shonen lasts forever.
some credit. Dr. Stone is by far my new favorite. Pity it ends at 24 episodes. Good thing is that the manga is of good quality.
I see a few of those DO at least involve girls getting transported, so I guess that's an "innovation".

I don't know if there's a "girl gets transported to a world with a buncha hot dudes" anime, but I feel like that wouldn't get too hot overseas for obvious reasons.

I'm still working my way through Inuyasha, Cells at Work!, and Uma Musume right now. Once I finish Uma Musume I guess I'll start Stardust Crusaders. Not sure what I'll pick to replace Cells at Work!. Probably something cute or funny for the sake of balance.
Tensa said:
some credit. Dr. Stone is by far my new favorite. Pity it ends at 24 episodes. Good thing is that the manga is of good quality.
I have to catch this up, I'm on ep 12, and the manga I'm on chapter 123.

otaku_emmy said:
I'm still working my way through Inuyasha, Cells at Work!, and Uma Musume right now. Once I finish Uma Musume I guess I'll start Stardust Crusaders. Not sure what I'll pick to replace Cells at Work!. Probably something cute or funny for the sake of balance.
Inuyasha, it's been a long time (many years) since I want to watch it but I never started, same with JoJo, Cells at Work!, I watched last year.

Dr. Stone, one of the best picture
In my opinion, Inuyasha is both underrated and underappreciated as far as anime go. It has such a good mix of romance, emotional turmoil, action, and comedy. And the romance isn't that often aggravating harem stuff either. You know exactly who is supposed to be with whom. The women in the show aren't completely stupid or slags, the men are tough and headstrong and not cowards. The character designs and weapons are cool. It's a great classic show.

slightly bitter rant

I only started watching JoJo because a guy I used to talk to convinced me of it. I thought I'd hate it, but it was actually really funny and cool. Plus it helps you to appreciate the memes.
otaku_emmy said:
And the romance isn't that often aggravating harem stuff either. You know exactly who is supposed to be with whom.
Inuyasha, some friends from the time of the school talked about this anime, since that time I was interested, but I never watched for the amount of episode, but good to know, it motivates me.

Nowadays I don't have so much patience for the love triangle or harem as before, even when I know who will win, especially if the character is indecisive or stupid (or do yourself), Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu recently disappointed me a little when I realized that it would become a love triangle, damn gyaru, I just noticed in the chapter of some matsuri, same with High Score Girl, damm daughter of an arcade owner, and Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo., damn girl who at this moment must be practicing enjo kousai, just the ones I read and watched recently.

a little of my story in animes

Beastars episode 3, spoiler
There is a love triangle in Inuyasha but one of them is supposed to be dead anyways, and she needs to chill out and let shit go.

Inuyasha and Kagome are the ONLY ACCEPTABLE SHIP.

Edit: How in God's green and beautiful Earth are you watching 32 shows???? And you've seen so much period!!!!!

P.S. Here's my list since we're sharing: https://myanimelist.net/profile/JustEmilyNyan
otaku_emmy said:
Edit: How in God's green and beautiful Earth are you watching 32 shows???? And you've seen so much period!!!!!
26 from the current season, this one really I took a lot, I didn't plan this much, I probably won't even finish them all, if by the end of the season I don't finish them all, the rest will move to plan to watch or On-Hold to watch someday, 5 it's from the previous season I need to complete, the another one is classic naruto 2.0 I mean boruto, speaking of boruto, since 2017 i try to "catch up" the anime, there's always something to discourage, the last when I realized that mitsuki would be a sasuke 2.0 I gave up for now.
I have trouble keeping track of characters and names so I can't feasibly watch too many at once. Plus there's the issue of time.

It's also the reason I avoid really long series.
If you are looking for something a bit different than the same old run of the mill love triangle/highschool situation animes - I have enjoyed these animes (all oldies, but good):
  • Texhnolyze,
  • Black Lagoon,
  • Blood - the last Vampire,
  • Claymore,
  • Blue Submarine Number 6,
  • Gantz,
  • Haibane Renmei,
  • Kino no Tabi,
  • Last Exile,
  • Mushi shi,
  • Noir,
  • Paprika,
  • Welcome to the NHK,
  • Rozen Maiden,
  • Log horizons,
  • Loups-Garous,
  • Shiki,
  • Sola.
Thanks for the recommendation

Already watched

• Black Lagoon
  • NHK ni Youkoso!
  • Log horizon S1/S2
Sola the design reminds me of ef a tale of memories/melodies.

Those that interested me the most

• Noir
  • Last Exile
  • Paprika
  • Mushishi
  • Haibane Renmei
  • Gantz
  • Ao no 6-gou
  • Texhnolyze
I'll add them to plant to watch
Paprika, along with the rest of Satoshi Kon's works, is fantastic. I highly recommend all of his movies.
I didn't like Black Lagoon. I mean, it was a good show but Revy was... I didn't like her.

traz64 said:
Paprika, along with the rest of Satoshi Kon's works, is fantastic. I highly recommend all of his movies.
Truth. Satoshi Kon is a god. And, again in my opinion, underappreciated.
There are 6 on that list I haven't seen, one of them being Shiki which I rejected after 1 or 2 episodes.

There are some good anime on that list, but I didn't like Loups-Garous, Gantz, and Blood - the last Vampire (Or it may have just been Blood+ I didn't like).

Kiho said:
If you are looking for something a bit different than the same old run of the mill love triangle/highschool situation animes...
There are countless anime that fit that description. Though, given the selection you chose, I'd say these would fit well on that list:
  • 3x3 Eyes
  • Alien Nine
  • Elfen Lied
  • Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru
  • Ghost Hound
  • Hoshi ni Negai wo
  • Kurau Phantom Memory
  • Kyoukai no Kanata
  • Kyousou Giga
  • Munto
  • Noein
  • Read or Die (OVA & series)
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • Solty Rei
  • Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
  • The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo
  • Yume Tsukai
I already saw these

• Kyoukai no Kanata
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, I found a few days ago, through recommendation on mal.
  • Elfen Lied, my friends talked a lot about this anime, but I haven't watched.
Added them all to plan to watch list, Thanks.

• Shinreigari/Ghost Hound, was what interested me the most.
I don't know how long it will take (weeks/months/years), but once on my plan to watch list, I'll watch.
TBF I joined the internet while obsessed with Inuyasha. Btw Kagome is just bad. Miroku best clown.

I remember downloading every single episode back then, when internet was kinda crap and whatever. Burned all of them on some DVDs which I don't know where they are anymore, but whatever.
Kagome is....super plain in terms of personality, but she's def not the worst female lead I have ever seen.

She's not my favorite girl from the show. I'm not sure who is, actually. Probably Kagura.

Man, I wish I had people to talk to about anime IRL. I never talked about anime with anyone back while I was still in school because... Hell, I don't think anyone even knew I watched it. And my school didn't have an anime/manga club.
otaku_emmy said:
Man, I wish I had people to talk to about anime IRL.
Discord is great for this. Can hop into a random server and start talking to people about anime or sit in a VoIP channel and someone will join.
otaku_emmy said:
Man, I wish I had people to talk to about anime IRL. I never talked about anime with anyone back while I was still in school because... Hell, I don't think anyone even knew I watched it. And my school didn't have an anime/manga club.
in my school days I had some friends/classmate (5 people iirc) who watched, I remember them talking about another, bleach, naruto, elfen lied, inuyasha, death note, full metal alchemist, hunter x hunter, nanatsu no taizai, SAO, attack on titan, dragon ball, and some more, mostly shounen, that's how I discovered most of these cited.

bleach, FMA, HxH, nanatsu no taizai, AOT, inuyasha, elfen lied, accel world, were their recommendations, these are the ones I remember, I remember I took "high school dxd" on a flash drive for a friend to watch, nowadays days I don't like this anime, I don't like the blonde nun or the MC.

it was for them that I know about vocaloid, nowadays I rarely listen, I know only a few songs.

I knew a guy who was obsessed with naruto, believe it or not, he imitated the attacks of the characters.

After I graduated, I still talk about anime with a friend sometimes.

I never met a girl (personally) who likes anime, I remember girls talking about books (The Fault in Our Stars), some vampire series, and others stuff but never anime.
RyuZU said:
  • Elfen Lied, my friends talked a lot about this anime, but I haven't watched.
I forgot about that one, very good too. Also as Zolxys listed: Kurau_Phantom_Memory is also a must watch imb.

Now I too have a few "leads" to check out.
Kiho said:
  • Mushi shi
Thanks. Based on the cover-art, the art style in general, and the summary, I wasn't expecting much. But I really enjoyed that.
> Altair Did Not Wrong!!

> Mizushino Souta, from some episode to episode 11, "he's just a coward", from the end of episode 11 to the beginning of episode 12, "he's rubbish".

Third 'Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.' Anime Season Airs in Spring 2020

first of all, Saika Tot-- I mean, Yukino best girl, and we all know she'll win.
Otakustream has fallen.

Almost everyone (including me) migrated to 4anime to follow king kola.
Kono Yuusha ep 7, Seiya will receive the Kazuma award of the year, I'm surprised that this episode has no repercussions, especially on twitter, at least I did not know.

Hanasaku Iroha ep 26, bonbori festival scene, a little boy says "shinkansen ni naritai", that's my bouya.

Hanasaku Iroha (1st) and Sakura Quest (2nd) were the ones I liked the most of the ones I saw this month, last month was Servant x Service and Sakurada Reset I think, I am currently prioritizing anime which is since 2015/2016/2017 on my ptw list, and anime that I already started but stopped for some reason, I'll prioritize only those that interest me the most, after that I will see the ones that were recommended to me, today I will "try" to catch some anime, few episodes left.
I watched Natsu-iro Kiseki a few days ago (nov 26th), joined the list of 3 best anime I've seen this month, Hanasaku Iroha (1st) and Sakura Quest (2nd), Natsu-iro Kiseki (3rd), the episode that the day begins to reset (lasted less than 1 episode) reminded me Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 (Endless Eight), it was traumatizing but I watched all 8 episode, with each episode I thought to myself "if the next one is the same I'll stop watching" but in the end I watched everything, my reaction but it was from the 3/4 repetition.

• Kimi no Iru Machi, me in most episodes, in the first episode I already knew who was going to like who, the only one I missed was Kazama, when it was mentioned that Eba spoiler anyway, I've known this anime since 2015 but never watched because I knew what it would be like, but in the end it wasn't as bad as I thought.
  • True Tears, another one I've known for a long time but never watched, there was a moment that I thought Hiromi and Shinichirou spoiler.
Currently the highest priority is.

They are all shoujo, I'm not a big fan of this genre (ofc, the demographic audience is women), but shoujo always have something in common, like the popular ikemen, probably with cold personality, the girl will be bullied for having the attention of the most handsome man in the class, and some more, but I think I've seen dozens of shoujo, nowadays it's rare I think.

The genres I watched the most according to Anilist.
The fact that everyone keeps saying that it's weird that Asuna still hasn't shown up in the underworld enrages me.
1. If you pay attention in the first season, you hear that the underworld has accelerated time.
2. With the accelerated time, the hour she would spend getting into STL would take a couple of weeks/months when looking at it from the underworld perspective.
3. If they were to show the outside events as much as the underworld itself, we would get two seperate timelines. One where Asuna already entered, and one where she hasn't.

It all makes perfect sense.
(If you don't know what anime I'm talking about, I'm talking about Sword Art Online Alicization War Of Underworld.)
I JUST found out there's a spinoff Cells at Work! manga called Cells at Work! BLACK that's the same premise but the cells (it's a male RBC and a female WBC this time) live in "a poorly maintained, middle-aged body burdened by issues such as stress, smoking, drinking and the like".

"Chapters usually consist of the cells having to face an ailment, vice or symptom of an unhealthy lifestyle, and overcoming it with the help of medications.

The series is set to tackle darker content than the original, thus the name 'BLACK'."

Damn dude. And here I was wondering why they didn't go that route. Turns out someone did. XD
Hey, does anyone know how you're supposed to pronounce "Re-L"? It's doin' me a puzzlin'.