otaku_emmy said:
Hey, does anyone know how you're supposed to pronounce "Re-L"? It's doin' me a puzzlin'.
Just pronounce it "Re-L"
traz64 said:
Just pronounce it "Re-L"
Well I finally got around to watching Ergo Proxy, and I swear it sounds like they're just saying "Ril". And the subtitles have it as being "Lil". Unless it's like, maybe, "ree ull" and you just say it real fast.
otaku_emmy said:
Hey, does anyone know how you're supposed to pronounce "Re-L"? It's doin' me a puzzlin'.
By what I know of japanese (very little) pronounces "riru".
RyuZU said:
By what I know of japanese (very little) pronounces "riru".
Do not ever take the Japanese pronunciation of western terms as a golden standard, or ever as a reference. They are horrid at it. But then again Americans can't even pronounce Japanese words.

Call out the first two letter of "real" and then pronounce "L". A, b, c, d, e, f, g..... h, i, j, k, L, m, n.
Bunny Girl Senpai the movie is one of the best movies I got the opportunity to watch this year. The animation is great, the story is awesome and overall a 10 in my book. I want the anime to continue and I am hoping it will.
Got it, I said in case it would be like in the anime, actually I never noticed that Americans are bad at pronouncing Japanese.

Seishun Buta Yarou I'll watch in a few days, Brazilian Fansub have already translated it, I think this month will be released on blu ray Code Geass Fukkatsu no Lelouch.
Tensa said:
Do not ever take the Japanese pronunciation of western terms as a golden standard, or ever as a reference. They are horrid at it. But then again Americans can't even pronounce Japanese words.

Call out the first two letter of "real" and then pronounce "L". A, b, c, d, e, f, g..... h, i, j, k, L, m, n.
I KNEW THAT'S WHAT THEY WERE GOING FOR! Damn I'm smart!

And I think that the reason we tend to not say Japanese words correctly is 1.) people are ignorant and don't care and 2.) people are teased when they do make the effort to say them properly. Like, people call you a weeb and say you're trying to act Japanese. That's a different kind of ignorance, when you think about it.

But I personally don't give a shit so I pronounce things correctly. I even have to fight myself sometimes when I see someone saying "animes" and "mangas" because Japanese doesn't have plurals.

The most common mistake is "saki" instead of "saké". That one gets me too. 😂
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 3 will have 24 episodes, I hope to catch up on manga before the anime starts.

Re:Zero 2 will debut in April 2020

Best news I've seen today.

RyuZU said:
I think this month will be released on blu ray Code Geass Fukkatsu no Lelouch.
Was released, I want to watch it tomorrow and also watch Seishun Buta Yarou, depends on fansub, if it's speedsub, I'll wait at least at the end of the month.
... I've never seen a VN like this before...

The first time through, there are no choices. You get a couple scenes with one of the 4 girls, then the plot turns serious and you eventually hit a bad end...

The second time through, you get one choice. If you chose the same path you get the same end. If you chose the other path, you go down a different girl's route. This one has more scenes, more death, more answers to just what the hell is happening, and basically a good end, except that the world ends and you're off to the next one...

*Edit: This is practically a cross between Re:Zero and Endless Eight.
Is it me or is the latest BNHA season not as good as the previous seasons?
If ya'll haven't seen Nyan~ Neko Sugar Girls you need to watch it immediately. Holy shit. I've never laughed so hard at any animation in my entire life. I actually peed a little. That's how funny it was.
SAO Alicization War Of Underworld doesn't make sense anymore.

First they say that the underworld can only be seen with the STL, and then the bad guys give people from the outside world who all use the Amusphere access to the dark knight accounts.

Anime logic.
(; ̄ェ ̄)
Mr.peanutbutter said:
SAO Alicization War Of Underworld doesn't make sense anymore.

First they say that the underworld can only be seen with the STL, and then the bad guys give people from the outside world who all use the Amusphere access to the dark knight accounts.

Anime logic.
(; ̄ェ ̄)
You do know you are talking about fiction? There is no 'Anime logic', there is Anime and then there is logic there is no Anime logic.
ssagwp said:
You do know you are talking about fiction? There is no 'Anime logic', there is Anime and then there is logic there is no Anime logic.
Get your anime knowledge right.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Get your anime knowledge right.
I ABSOLUTELY can't believe that even a dictionary site is blocked in my country. WHERE is my country going with all this BS.
Technically, urbandictionary is filled with all kinds of... well, urban meanings to phrases/words. Including all kinds of demeaning words. Even though it is a dictionary website.
ssagwp said:
I ABSOLUTELY can't believe that even a dictionary site is blocked in my country. WHERE is my country going with all this BS.
Here you go.

Urban_Dictionary said:
anime logic

trains of thought which make sense only in the context of an anime. scenarios which defy normal deductive reasoning.

Fruits Basket: the boys turn into zodiac animals when girls hug them. naturally.

jack: i kinda makes sense right? jill; I dunno, sounds like anime logic to me
Today I finished Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara, the harbinger of doom appeared in the last seconds in the last episode, it's a shame, tsukuda fucked the manga with the next arc "BLUE Arc" and with spoiler, although it's going to be shit, I'll see season 5, maybe it have an original ending, tsukuda had only one job, I'm sure his editor also has a share of blame.

Anyway the best I watched this month was Tamayura and Yama no Susume, I think.
I’ve started watching Shinchou Yuusha.

Hoping for a second season of Assassins Pride.
Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch, first anime of the decade i watched, I was going to watch late last month, but I left it to be the first anime.

spoiler

I wonder what the hell is c.c.'s real name.
RyuZU said:
Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch, first anime of the decade i watched, I was going to watch late last month, but I left it to be the first anime.

spoiler

I wonder what the hell is c.c.'s real name.
Thanks for letting me know.
I thought it had already ended.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Thanks for letting me know.
I thought it had already ended.
Np

This year I'll watch Gintama and One Piece, One Piece in 10 years I catch up, the One Piece manga is 2 years older than me and it's not over yet, I may die before the manga ends.
RyuZU said:
The One Piece manga is 2 years older than me and it's not over yet, I may die before the manga ends.
That would be hilarious.

Manga outlives humans.

Random text fitting for a newspaper.
Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation ara ara ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

New 'Higurashi no Naku Koro ni' Anime Project Announced

I think it must be a remake, but i'm looking forward.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni also need, the anime was confusing.

In the beginning I was not understanding anything, but in the end it seems that I was at the beginning.

Literally No One

Maria: UUUUU UUUUUU UUUUU

Darwin's Game I found it interesting, kill or be killed, I started reading the manga, some things from the anime was different from the manga, but I suspect something, as far as I read, the character didn't kill anyone, if by the end of the manga/anime he does not kill anyone will be pathetic, most in manga is cruel and kills without thinking 2 times, I think the situation he is going to kill someone will be when Shuka is in a death situation.

By name I thought it was a manhwa, as korean loves netorare so I ignored it.
RyuZU said:
Since I'm watching the anime (Space Battleship Yamato)...
I'm watching Space Battleship Yamato (2012), I'll probably finish it tomorrow, next month or later I'll watch the 1974 version, it will be the oldest anime I watched, currently the eldest was Castle in the Sky.

I also want to watch Mobile Suit Gundam, I already downloaded it, until the end of the year I watch it.

Darwin's Game fucking MC, just fucking kill someone, this is the summary of the premise of the game in the anime/manga, kill or be killed.

Edit: Steins;Gate will get a live-action series by hollywoke

Press F to pay respects

I moved what I said from the topic "Friendly Topic ... [Continued]" to here, that's why it is as I last commented and there is nothing.
I just realized that the reason it's Romanized as "Mohammed Avdol" is because Japanese people can't say Vs so in the spoken dialogue it comes out "Abdul" the way it's actually supposed to be. Holy shit. Big brain moment.
otaku_emmy said:
I just realized that the reason it's Romanized as "Mohammed Avdol" is because Japanese people can't say Vs so in the spoken dialogue it comes out "Adbul" the way it's actually supposed to be. Holy shit. Big brain moment.
Shouldn't it be "Abdul" instead of "Adbul"?
ssagwp said:
Shouldn't it be "Abdul" instead of "Adbul"?
My B. I was so excited by my discovery that I typed it wrong. :p

I fixed it.
Arata >>>>> Taichi

Darwin's Game, the mc became an authoritarian, although I understand why, spoiler

Recently I re-watched Non Non Biyori, last time I watched it was in 2015, in fact one of the best slice of life.

Sugoi Dekai, yeah, indeed, funny the controversy of the japanese red cross, first they knelt to sjw and removed uzaki-chan image, because of that they lost a lot of blood donation, so they came back with uzaki-chan, and now there will be an anime, I hope they have learned the lesson.