This topic is locked.

Zombies 'n Shit...
So many of you may have already noticed the news and the ''Miami Zombie'' incident, well, the government keeps telling its a case of bad LSD, hard drugs, or even bath salt thingy, but nope, it is in fact a REAL virus, soon enough it could be an epidemic attack...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/miami-police-shoot-kill-naked-man-who-was-2377343.html

Read that, if you wanna start your paranoid "HURR DURR ZOMBIEZ" trip early.

And look: http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/zombie-apocalypse-begins-in-florida
That all happened before the Miami Zombie incident, there were quarantines etc. yet the government still tells us its nothing...

Many people think of ''OMG DEAD PEOPLE COMING BACK TO LIFE JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES!!!'' when they hear zombie, but no, a zombie is just a person with little to no brain activity, which only has the basic survival instincts left, such as feeding, walking, moaning etc.

The zombies WE might encounter in reallife will probably not be the ''slow George A. Romero classic'' zombies, but rather the fast, somewhat intelligent 28 Weeks Later/Left 4 Dead type of zombies, or in the worst case, ''The Crazies'' (Watch that movie to understand why they are the worst type for humanity as of right now)...

What do you think...?

!!!PROTIP!!!
This thread is intended for the casual talk of ''what would you do in a zombie apocalypse'', it is not only about the Miami Zombie incident, its about all the things you want to talk about that happens to be zombie-themed, you can talk about your survival plans, your gear and equipment, or anything else, as long as it falls under the apocalypse setting...
Severely doubt there is actually a "zombie virus" breaking out. Sounds like a bunch of paranoid crap from people who have watched way too many horror films.
You'd think that is the case, but even if it isnt a real zombie virus, it is still something that can go epidemic, if not a zombie virus, it could be some sort of an advanced form of an influenzia bacteria...

If it seems ''paranoid'', then why would the government cover it all up...? Why cant they just say ''Yeah some toxins were leaked by accident and that caused civilians to eat each other up...'', instead of saying that, they come up with bullshit stories like ''Bath salt, yeah, its a new drug and it will completely burn you from the inside so you have to throw away your clothes n shit, and thats why the attackers were naked...''
Yakkety said:
If it seems ''paranoid'', then why would the government cover it all up...?
To prevent people like you making a scene :)
Anpan said:
To prevent people like you making a scene :)
Hey I'm not doing anything, I'm not even worried mind you ;)

If at all something is true of this ''zombie apocalypse'', then you Americans are the first to go down, whilst we here in Holland and the rest of Europe can watch while you guys are struggling for survival :P
Yakkety said:
Hey I'm not doing anything, I'm not even worried mind you ;)

If at all something is true of this ''zombie apocalypse'', then you Americans are the first to go down, whilst we here in Holland and the rest of Europe can watch while you guys are struggling for survival :P
Good to know you care -__-'
ecchifan96 said:
Good to know you care -__-'
I do care for you guys, but I just have no one in America to REALLY care about, but when the apocalypse comes to Europe, it would be lots of fun :D

And misery, horror, depression :|

But all that aside, it will be awesome :)

Well, if the outbreak starts in America, then the entire European and Asian borders would be on lockdown, nothing could get in or get out, NATO will be in a great depression since America is their biggest source of everything AND their main faction, the economy would fall everywhere, there will be zombies in America, and while they're at it, there would be even WORSE riots in the rest of the world...
Of course. Government coverup can be the only explanation, am I right? And I don't worry about a zombie apocalypse. We have guns and tons of zombie movies, books, and games to tell us what to do with zombies.
Senakysam said:
[...]And I don't worry about a zombie apocalypse. We have guns and tons of zombie movies, books, and games to tell us what to do with zombies.
I dont think its that simple. In a zombie appocolypse you have to be prepared to kill anyone, even loved ones in order to survive. Would you really be able to do that?
ecchifan96 said:
I dont think its that simple. In a zombie appocolypse you have to be prepared to kill anyone, even loved ones in order to survive. Would you really be able to do that?
Again, look at my avatar.
Do "I" look like I won't be able to do such horrible things?
Other than some kind of endemic virus/bacteria I call this bullshit. Well since zombies doesn't exist like any other fantasy creature we humans came up with.

@Gregol You will be the first to fall xD
ecchifan96 said:
I don't know about you, but I've already had several talks with friends and family about what to do if they go zombie or brain dead.
Its so easy to assume things, and say you could ''kill anyone, even loved ones without having regret or sympathy'', men from all over the world thought exactly the same in World War 1 and 2, they thought ''Oh, just kill people, its easy.'' but when they finally fought each other, they saw the horror of their deeds... Their friends, mutilated and scarred, sat right next to them, bleeding to death, with only 1 or even no legs left...

In a zombie apocalypse, things will be far, FAR more worse than what happened in WW1 and WW2, since we were never prepared for things like this because it never happened before in the history of mankind... You will see your friends and strangers with bites and skins peeled off from their body, limbs will be ripped off, and the kids, undead creatures such as zombies are a kid's worst nightmare...
Beside killing your loved ones and what not I see it as a double-edged sword on us humans. Either you won't do anything about it and ends up getting killed by the zombies or our defence mechanism will kick in and we will do whatever deem necessary for our survival. Simple as that.
Yakkety said:
-snip-
I was just about to say i would be able to kill my family if they became ravenous zombies with no sense of themselves or memory of who they used to be but now im thinking your right. I mean killing another human being? Even if my life was on the line im not sure i would be able to do that, at least not without carrying the weight of my guilt for the rest of my life... or i would do what is neccesary to survive and just shrug it off ^_^' i cant be sure actually. I always thought i would be able to kill almost anyone if my life depended on it but as you said thats what most people think before they actually take a life.
ecchifan96 said:
I was just about to say i would be able to kill my family if they became ravenous zombies with no sense of themselves or memory of who they used to be but now im thinking your right. I mean killing another human being?
If they are no longer human, and they are trying to kill me, then yeah, I will protect myself. You said it yourself; they no longer have any sense of themselves or memory of who they used to be.
Senakysam said:
If they are no longer human, and they are trying to kill me, then yeah, I will protect myself. You said it yourself; they no longer have any sense of themselves or memory of who they used to be.
Same here. If its zombies im sure killing wouldnt be a problem. Even if its someone i know and love if they are a zombie then i would do what i have to do. I imagine they would prefer death to being a monster such as that anyway.
ecchifan96 said:
Same here. If its zombies im sure killing wouldnt be a problem. Even if its someone i know and love if they are a zombie then i would do what i have to do. I imagine they would prefer death to being a monster such as that anyway.
I'd rather spend a lifetime finding out if I could still help them. Even if I couldn't then at least I would have tried and died together.
Senakysam said:
Sure it's like that in fantasy, but suppose it happened in real life and the people simply lost control of their bodies.
They would still be conscious but couldn't in any way prevent themselves from eating you.
They would still feel the pain of you killing them.

Would you still do it?
Depends on if they want to feel the pain of killing loved ones as well, knowing that they could have been stopped. And I want to live.
*Didn't read above post*

Despite what happened in Miami. A Zombie outbreak is possible. Modify some rabies, copy it a ton of time, put it in a bomb and blow that bomb above a city and bam home made zombie out break.
Gregol said:
Sure it's like that in fantasy, but suppose it happened in real life and the people simply lost control of their bodies.
They would still be conscious but couldn't in any way prevent themselves from eating you.
They would still feel the pain of you killing them.

Would you still do it?
I dont want to die, its as simple as that. I would try to avoid killing unless its absolutely neccesary but if my hand is forced i would do whatever it takes to survive.
it is that time of the month.....but really, a person's brain CONTROLS their bodily functions and movements. if a person is brain dead (as zombies' are) then...well, there would be no movement of the body or limbs. there would be no desire for braiiiiins *she said sarcastically*. it's called a coma/ being a vegetable. it's just nothingness that people typically don't recover from. most of the time they just end up pulling the plug on 'em. i was only saying that stuff to that group of people, not to most of you. damn, i was gonna say something else but i completely forgot what it was.

p.s. OHHHHH SHIT! I KNOW WHAT YAKKETY'S TALKING ABOUT NOW! I HEARD ABOUT THAT! OKAYYYYYY! nah, that guy was just fucking crazy. i think it was drugs. i think he thought he was a wolf or animal or something. naw, definitely NOT zombie. okay, i feel WAY safer now.
Kumacuda said:
*Didn't read above post*

Despite what happened in Miami. A Zombie outbreak is possible. Modify some rabies, copy it a ton of time, put it in a bomb and blow that bomb above a city and bam home made zombie out break.
Despite your "peculiar choice" in methods in doing so , I do agree. It most certainly is possible, and I really don't want to go into specifics about how for once as some (pardon my french) numbnuts , may actually go and do it.

EDIT: Also I am very happy to see that many people here have no idea how to spread this. Really if death sentence was something not to continue discussing then I would say the same for lessons in spreading zombie plagues.
okay, for people to GET rabies, we'd have to literally be injected with it or bitten/scratched by a rabies-ridden animal. i'm 98% sure you can't just BREATHE rabies in. it's not carbon monoxide. no one would be able to get the SUPER-RABIES. i got a good example of something similar to this incident: a man 'round these parts named michael hayes shot 6 random people as they were stopped at a stop light. he killed that many people in about 10 minutes with a shotgun. he later told the authorities that "demons told him to do it". it's all just mental illness. sickness, mental decay, moral rot. INSANITY.
Governmental can easily make a modified form of rabies. I'm not talking about some kids trying to make a pipe bomb here.
they'd still have to actively force us to injest it. besides, i really don't think the government would poison the citizens that fund their riff-raff. we pay their salaries. without citizens, they're be no one to tax. cash is king, my darlings, especially with the government.
I would'nt put it past them honestly, at least in these times.
"Hey, theres a bit too many people here, lets try and weed them out a bit?"
"Okay sounds good, Derp, but let's not use to much."
Shit spreads everywhere.
otaku_emmy said:
they'd still have to actively force us to injest it. besides, i really don't think the government would poison the citizens that fund their riff-raff. we pay their salaries. without citizens, they're be no one to tax. cash is king, my darlings, especially with the government.
This
Black_Rock_Shooter said:
I would'nt put it past them honestly, at least in these times.
"Hey, theres a bit too many people here, lets try and weed them out a bit?"
"Okay sounds good, Derp, but let's not use to much."
Shit spreads everywhere.
Or throw it on another country.
obama would never let that happen *sheesheeshee*. this isn't death note (which i've never seen). we don't live in a country that kills children either *coughcough*. you know what i call you, BRS? i call you "burrsss", cuz that how BRS sounds. and it sounds much more PC than "blackie" ;). if they wanted to kill people, they'd kill the bad apples. not sweet wittle peoples wike emmy. biological warfare is cowardly and despicable.
Obama can't do a thing, and his term is almost up, he is just riding it out like a wave without a care in the world except to get re-elected for another 4 years to spend tax money on vacations and ignoring real problems that the US has.
And I hate to make this seem harsh, but the government could care less about you, me, any US citizen really. They wouldn't think twice about taking out a city or so, they will just come up with some bullshit excuse to justify it. Or like Cuda said, use it on another country and wouldn't give a single fuck.
Biological warfare, while horrid, it's still a possibility, and ALL countries WOULD use it.