This topic is locked.

I got a lecture from emmy!
:'-{
*weeping in a corner*

Sorry, getting lectures is not part of my daily routine. BTW, BRS, you are kinda tactless. There are so many non-harsh ways to break it to someone. Can't you see when people are scared on the inside?

Anyways, fear is a good thing. It helps you survive(most of the time)

also, sure it's like that in fantasy, but let's suppose it happened in real life:
zombies won't necessarily want to eat BRAINS. Assuming the infection is a virus, it might simply cause a strong desire to see BLOOD, LOTS OF BLOOD AND GORE!!
Like kill only part of the brain(like the part that's resposible for motor neurones) and replace it with a desire-to-see-blood-lots-of-blood-and-gore-part.
2 chainsaws and a rowing peddle.
@Gregol
Yeah, I know, but that's just how I do things, I say what needs to be said without sugarcoating it.

@Artwork
Pure win. Chuck would be proud.
show boating of false manliness aside, who here actually thinks they can fire a live weapon on a living human being? now lets also take into consideration the time constraints. You're ailing mother, who just seems like she picked up the flu a few days ago, is wobbling towards you for a hug. Could you and would you make the judgment call that she's a zombie and blow her brains out before she takes just a little nibble? you have 5 seconds.

too late, most of you are dead. those of you who said yes, you're all morons. she just needed another Tylenol.

Situation number 2. You're lovely little girlfriend is now obviously a zombie. Mind you your rational thinking by this point doesn't give a flying flip whether or not she remembers you're lovely date to the movies when you first met. However you're silly little human brain does remember, she doesnt, but you still do and you're brain doesnt care if she's not her anymore. She is charging at you from across the room, can you shake off that chemical reaction you call love quickly enough to blow her brains out? less than 1 second to make that decision.

I can assure you that none of you on this forum will be able to make that call and will be dead if anyone you care about is infected. those lucky enough to twitch in the wrong way will die within the next few days from fatigue due to night terrors, remorse, and any other symptom of PTSD.

so lets tuck away those balls that think they grew from over exposure to video games and take note of our inherent weaknesses as humans. We have too many sentimental attachments. We are also quick to assume what is "normal" most of you won't even know there's a threat till you're dead.
Clearly nobody considered a friendly takedown. You don't need to kill someone, sometimes the option is retreat, stun or alternatives. Althougt Bringerof_D has a valid point that you will not know what you do untill it happens, decisions you make now probably wont even change that. There's also fight or flight response to consider.

The decisions being discussed here are just the ones you can rationally make in a controlled situation. I'm fairly sure some of us realized that.
People also tend to forget this little thing humans have called, "survival instinct." It usually takes over when our lives are in danger.
Mnessie said:
Clearly nobody considered a friendly takedown. You don't need to kill someone, sometimes the option is retreat, stun or alternatives
Um... Mnessie ^_^' do you have any idea how difficult it is to incapacitate a zombie? They dont register pain, they cant feel fear, they are far stronger than living humans and they are relentless. The only way to stop a zombie without killing it is to trap it or take off its limbs, easier said than done. And if a horde is coming at you freindly takedowns are impossible. As for running well, zombies dont feel fatigue, eventually they will catch you sleeping or corner you.
ecchifan96 said:
And if a horde is coming at you freindly takedowns are impossible. As for running well, zombies dont feel fatigue, eventually they will catch you sleeping or corner you.
Uuuhhh, I'm almost sure that real life zombies are more friendlier and lenient than what you described, ef96.
Gregol said:
Uuuhhh, I'm almost sure that real life zombies are more friendlier and lenient than what you described, ef96.
Well i wasn't talking about "real life zombies" i thought Mnessie was reffering to the fictional ones we already know. I didn't read all of the above posts, did i miss something?
LOLsarcasmgetsthemeverytime.....
Gregol said:

LOLsarcasmgetsthemeverytime.....
I gave up on using sarcasm, its too confusing in text x_x and i dont like ef96 just call me ecchi okay ^_^
sure thing!
may I call you "pal" instead?
I keep associating you with naughty things
Senakysam said:
People also tend to forget this little thing humans have called, "survival instinct." It usually takes over when our lives are in danger.
Like I said in previous page.

Beside what really defines a zombie anyway? A walking corpse, like in games and movies or a mindless husk or both?
Beside are we really sure that zombies doesn't feel pain? Realisticly speaking ^^
FoliFF said:
Beside are we really sure that zombies doesn't feel pain? Realisticly speaking ^^
I think that I know what you mean, considering none of us was ever a zombie...

But I would assume that they wouldn't react to pain even if they felt it.
after all
zombie=>brain damage of some sort

(not vice versa)
Gregol said:
sure thing!
may I call you "pal" instead?
Call me whatever you like! (but i prefer you just call me ecchi)

Gregol said:
I keep associating you with naughty things
Im to blame for that, i didn't even try to think of a better name -_- but ive gotten used to it.
lol, everybody makes mistakes once in a while....

I'm partially to blame too, because words mean only what you want them to.
Gregol said:
lol, everybody makes mistakes once in a while....

I'm partially to blame too, because words mean only what you want them to.
Since when? I can't count the number of times I meant to say something nice and it came out like a deathray smiting everything in its path
Mnessie said:
Since when? I can't count the number of times I meant to say something nice and it came out like a deathray smiting everything in its path
No(!), words said TO YOU, only mean TO YOU, what you want them to mean.

Example: just now you interpreted my words in a way that you wanted to, but I meant something slightly different.
"Words only mean what the reader/listener interpets them to mean."
StahnAileron said:
"Words only mean what the reader/listener interpets them to mean."
You couldn't have possibly explained that any better if you tried ^_^

Ignore my previous post, instead read: "What he said"
thread's going off topic, ya'll ^_^' i'm surprised you didn't say anything, Stahn. oh well.

Yakkety said:
snip
the miami thing (as well as what happened in joppatowne, MD - i was actually discussing these with a friend irl yesterday) are just cannibalism cases, imo. while zombies might be all well and good in fiction, i don't think it would be that simple for them to just happen one day irl. i mean, you're talking about a pandemic that renders someone dead but can still use motor functions. the only way, in my mind, that that could happen would be some sort of parasitic bug eats away at someones brain.
i remember seeing something about that a long time ago on Discovery with some parasite and ants...can't remember the details, but it was like these small bugs implant themselves in ants.
found it: liver flukes is what it was (although that's by NatGeo, it's the same thing).
Davis_500 said:
thread's going off topic, ya'll ^_^'
What with these comments i completely forgot which thread this was ^_^' i guess i'll just check the freindly topic thread, sorry Stahn!
Davis_500 said:
thread's going off topic, ya'll ^_^' i'm surprised you didn't say anything, Stahn. oh well.
I'm more lenient in the forums and this isn't a mainline thread like the stickied ones or the topic-specific General Discussion ones. If people want to derail a lesser (user-ran) thread, they can. Just don't say anything if it's locked suddenly ^_~ It's the site-enforced and ran thread I'm most concerned about. Well, them and the comments.
I think that if I was a girl I'd say that Stahn is really cute when he makes excuses
(not MAKES UP excuses, mind)

anyways.....about zombies
I think that it would really be possible to artificially create a fungus or some shtuff like that, who eats peoples brains in such a way that it makes them want to kill others.
Like it carries in itself a specific brain oriented symbiont virus, or releases a carcinogenic enzyme into the brain, or a drug.

(LOL, big words on purpose are fun!)
A virus like that already exists, though it's only affects a type of caterpillar. (There's a fungus for a type of ant as well.) Doesn't makes the victim cannibalistic, though. Just facilitates reproduction and dispersal.
Hey hey, easy now, this thread isnt just about the ''miami zombie'' incident, its about all things zombie, your plans for the apocalypse, your euhm, experiences (with killing, depression etc.) and all the other stuff...

Sooooooo, what was I about to say...

Ah right, so if the zombie apocalypse would begin, it would begin in America of course because of the recent incidents, BUT, if the recent incidents had nothing to do with zombies, then the apocalypse could start in either Germany or France, because they have some pretty classified things going on there >.>

What I would do in an apocalypse? I have a baseball bat under my bed, and I live about 100 meters from a police station, many people might think that a police station is a bad choice to go to, because many people believe that others will also seek refuge in a police station, BUT not everyone knows, that not everyone knows that the zombie apocalypse has begun, many people will think when they see a zombie ''OMG he ate him, WTF is that?!?!?'' but me, people who are like me and are experts in zombies will know ''Hey shit, that dude just totally bit that man's arm and he's growling like a motherfucker, Lets call the cops... Tuut, tuut, tuut, hmmm, the line is out of order? Zombie Apocalypse has begun ಠ_ಠ''

So I have my baseball bat, I go to the police station and if I'm lucky, I will find no more than 10 people already inside the station, of which about 5 of them are cops, because when the outbreak starts, policemen from everywhere will be on duty and there wont be many officers at the station, they will all be flooded with calls from people saying ''A MAN ATE ANOTHER MAN!!!'' and stuff like that...
Yakkety said:
I have a baseball bat under my bed
Thats funny, so do i... which is weird cause nobody in our family plays baseball. Anyway its a small bat meant for kids, im not sure if it would be very useful in a zombie atack, its actually there in case of burglars... i can be paranoid at times x_x anyway if we did get attacked by zombies i would probably be one of the first to go, ive seen enough movies and documentaries about zombies to know what to do but im not well equiped.
A scientific study proved that golf clubs are more effective than baseball bats.
Hide a golf club under your bed instead and PRETEND that you have a baseball bat, that way you might fool some potential marauders.

(BTW who else doesn't bother using caps lock and keeps shift pressed for extra rage?)

Unluckily i live in an estate relatively far from everywhere(including the countryside) and I live at the far end of the road.There is one ace up my sleeve if I'm really desperate, but some advice maybe would be nice.
zombie caterpillars DO seem like a pretty hilarious phenomenon. would they later turn into zombie butterflies? that sounds like a death metal band. wouldn't a zombie be pretty...saferer without arms? they wouldn't be able to grab you anymore. or you can take out the legs so they couldn't chase/follow you either. but that guy in miami was just really blitzed out on drugs. my opinion is that he took maybe too much acid and thought he was an animal (cuz it was reported that he growled at the police like a dog). my mom took acid once, and she told me that the trees were trying to kill her. LSD is a POWERFUL drug people. i heard a story about a guy who took too much of it and started trying to chew the tires off of a police car. except this time it was a homeless man's face. i get really scared at night, because i'm afraid people will try and come into my yard/property. i had a BAD experience with that.