Uhm, Mnessie, let's think about the scientific method. Because that's pretty much what I was talking about, referring to life experience (Gregol got my meaning right).

Mnessie's understanding of "using experience to answer life's questions"
It goes beyond that. Big example in case it isn't clear.

The part where I say "we believe we made our best effort" is basically saying "we believe we made the right choice, we picked the right answer." When you say:
So I can not readily accept your idea of best effort being of such relevance in experience vs questions
I think this is because, personally, you seem to not be "too confident" on the decisions you reached (it's the impression I got from the rest of the comment). That you don't become confident on your conclusions does not mean that others will not be.

(expanding the explanation on the example)

I don't see how being accurate about something requires being sure of it.
Again, you are missing the point I was trying to make. I never said there was a relationship between "confidence" and "accuracy". What I said is that our "confidence" is directly related to our willingness to "accept" that we are wrong (if we are wrong).

Back on the bias topic...
Mnessie's definition of bias
Changing the definition of a word from the official dictionary one is not going to make things easier to discuss, you know.

In fact, I don't think we have really been discussing bias at all so far. It's something closer to... "can we have (and defend) an opinion knowing it might not be the truth?" I think, would you agree? Phrased like that, I think most of the remarks you've both made make sense so far.