I've gained access to the app store and now have Girl's Frontline.

yessss lol
otaku_emmy said:
I'm also kinda worried about my mom because she might need knee surgery. She's my rock so when anything is wrong with HER it makes ME panic.
What kind of knee surgery?
otaku_emmy said:

I'm also kinda worried about my mom because she might need knee surgery. She's my rock so when anything is wrong with HER it makes ME panic.
My heart goes out to you and your mum Emmy, I'm sure she is strong, like the rock you described. Try not to panic, it's time for you to be her rock. Her strength is within you.
Kiho said:
What kind of knee surgery?
ACL surgery. She had a fall and tore it EIGHT YEARS AGO and it's finally starting to really give. She never got it fixed or even got physically therapy for the injury.

eclimial said:
My heart goes out to you and your mum Emmy, I'm sure she is strong, like the rock you described. Try not to panic, it's time for you to be her rock. Her strength is within you.
Thank you very much, Al. She's my whole world and my best friend, so I'll do my best for her.
otaku_emmy said:
ACL surgery. She had a fall and tore it EIGHT YEARS AGO and it's finally starting to really give. She never got it fixed or even got physically therapy for the injury.
Ugh, she should have had physical therapy. :( But that is water under the bridge.

Surgery to repair the ACL is outpatient surgery performed through a couple of small incisions around the knee joint. I had such surgery to remove a tare in the meniscus in my knee. While ACL surgery is more involved then simply cutting away the tare in the meniscus, it is still outpatient surgery.

If such surgery is recommended, she should have it done BEFORE the ligament completely tears. Recovery will be faster and the prognosis better. My dad tore (completely) a ligament in his shoulder, he waited too long to do something about it and it did not heal well after his surgery :(
Good news is my mom doesn't need the surgery (just like I told her). The doc said doing some stretches and being a little more delicate with it should help it feel better.

For some creepy reason, she actually WANTED surgery...

I have to go back to the same place next week for my foot.

Now all we gotta do this weekend is see how much snow we're gonna get from this winter storm that's approaching. We're gonna make a big pot of soup tomorrow to mark the occasion. Gonna put vermicelli in it because I didn't wanna use regular macaronis or shells.
I believe I may have lost a very dear friend recently, and I feel guilty because I'm afraid I may have selfishly focused more on imposing my own desires for them and their future, though good intention, rather than helping them to develop the skills to notice the tricks and patterns that are all too familiar to people who've seen these problems before, and giving them the tools needed to build the confidence to break free on their own. I hope they can forgive me someday for my mistake.

The experience helped me to realize that I'm not as mature a person as I hoped I was, and I want to fix that about myself this coming year. I've realized I've been wandering through life, not without goals, but without the motivation to reach them. I don't want to be like this anymore. I don't want to go through life, sad at the way things are, but refusing to face my problems just because I've come to accept them as "who I am". I want to change, I want to be better.

I'm planning on starting a monthly update here on the forums, in the hopes that all of you will hold me accountable to myself, and to record my progress. I hope to become a better person in every sense so that if I'm ever needed again, I can do better for the people I care so deeply about.
Sometimes people think that surgery will be a cure-all for a problem. Sometimes it is, but if Physical Therapy can help, it is a better way to go.

After my knee surgery, I was given a PT routine to keep the joint moving (25 minutes of stationary bicycle at a low resistance setting daily) and also to strengthen the muscles that support the knee joint, including balance exercises (on one foot). Yoga or Tai Chi if available in your area are also recommended for people recovering from knee trauma.

One of the problems with joint injuries, is that people tend, even subconsciously to favor the joint, use it less, bend it less - this only makes the joint less flexible, stiff and even arthritic. Full range stretching movement (without loading - weight) is the best thing for joint trauma recovery.
TommyGunn said:
The experience helped me to realize that I'm not as mature a person as I hoped I was, and I want to fix that about myself this coming year. I've realized I've been wandering through life, not without goals, but without the motivation to reach them. I don't want to be like this anymore. I don't want to go through life, sad at the way things are, but refusing to face my problems just because I've come to accept them as "who I am". I want to change, I want to be better.
And you are doing better TommyGunn, all of us made stupid decisions in our youth, maturity and wisdom only comes with growing older, and the fact that you're regretting past decisions is a sign of your coming of age.

Don't beat yourself up my friend, God I wish I had a dollar for every stupid thing I did in the past, but I realized the past is the past, we were all were dumb fucks at some stage in our lives, and like us all, we came to regret it, that is your revelation and shows that you are acquiring wisdom and growing as a person. Just learn from it, don't feel bad and think you need to ponder endlessly on your past errors.

Don't be ruled by guilt, move on, sure it's good to reflect, but not if it drives you to despair. Every day you wake up as a new person and you should be proud of yourself for recognizing your past mistakes, that, in my eyes makes you a genuine nice person and a real human being.
It's Snow-mageddon 2018 in North Carolina folks. We hit double digit measurements of snowfall hours ago, and it continues to fall along with nasty, nasty ice.

The people across the way couldn't even get back up the driveway (there's a small apartment complex across the road). They had to call the person they were picking up to come outside and run down to the van. And then they couldn't turn around so, like madmen, reversed back down the road in the opposite direction of the flow of traffic.

Why anyone would be out in this right now is beyond me.

Sure is pretty though. Too bright, but very pretty.
I was working on a new erotic image of Eclair, but Emmy cracked me up on another thread, and I can't stop laughing ... so much for art LOL thanks Emmy chan, you pleasantly ruined my days work.

Can't think of what to say, did you wreck my day of creativity or enrich it? Yes I think you enriched it, But I forgot what I was doing Damn it al LOL
I feel like utter and complete shit. I woke up feeling like shit, and then I got a bad stomach ache and now I'm hot and cold and my back hurts and I feel all...shitty.
Mom and I ran some errands today. We were gone for a long time as well, mostly because we left three different times to go to seven different places.

Anyway, get this: my mom's got a real bad lead foot, right? I always tell her she needs to slow down and stay offa people's asses, but she don't listen. Well, today, she got pulled over for speeding and the cop gave her a ticket. She was trying to make shit up too, like he'd let her off. I kept laughing at her.

At least the cop was good looking.

Later on we went to Krispy Kreme to get some donuts and an elderly woman ahead of us was trying to use some coupons to get 24 donuts for $5.99 (one coupon was any dozen for 5.99, the other was buy a dozen and get a dozen free), but she didn't understand that she couldn't use both coupons at the same time. The employees kept trying to explain it to her and she had a total mini mental breakdown. I felt so sorry for her, but also super annoyed.
Haha ur moms funny. And omg I hate bitches like that like chill out girl it is what it is it’s not like ur never getting a donut again

And girl, describe this cop to me please
The old lady didn't throw a fit or anything. She just got instantly depressed about it and had her head in her hands on the counter and everything.

And I didn't really get a good look at him. He sounded handsome, and my mom said he was good looking so I based it off of that.
In Jamaica, was just invited to a "drug party with girls on poles who'll squirt ya" by a man who convincingly claimed to be Russian Mafia. Little does he realize I have $3 left in my wallet and 4 more days here.
Damn insomnia strikes again, 5:40am and sleep seems like a lifetime away ... shitty mania. Gonna be a long bloody day!

Can't even figure out if this glass of wine is half full, or half empty!
Dear God! this has been one hell of a day, everyone here is busting my balls, just for expressing an opinion,

Back to Attack of The Titans series 3 .... thank god for anime, sweet escape!!!
Well it's been a busy month. First off I'm finally back in Virginia after a little over 6 months of traveling around the world. It's good to be back home and around the people I know, but boy did I get hit with a lot of missed bills. My friends were supposed to forward them onto me, but apparently forgot despite my reminding them. But in good news I was able to find a decent job within a couple days of getting back, so I should be able to kill time until shearing season rolls back around and I can put away some big bucks. Then onto either college or police academy depending on which works out better this fall.
About to leave San Diego. Nice city but it's weird driving down the highway and seeing a sign for Mexico in 12 miles. I also came across a protest to open the government with about 10 protesters but 20-30 reporters. They did one chant and then just posted for the reporters.
...Neighbor's cat wandered in to our yard again today. I went outside as soon as I saw it. It approached me instantly and greeted me with happy meows. It even tried to follow me up the steps when I decided to go back inside. I gave it some pets and talked to it. It's a really beautiful and soft cat.

That was the highlight of my day.
Just popped outside to see that wicked SUPER BLOOD WOLF MOON and I stood there a while, but my face and hands started to go numb so I had to call it early. It is well below freezing here right now, plus it's windy.

I haven't been outside at night for a while, and I really forgot how amazing all the stars are. I get such a strange feeling when I look up at them. It's especially neat with the added ambiance of wind chimes going on around you.

That strange feeling of slight fear and dread probably comes from when I used to have nightmares involving the night sky, now that I think about it.
We have not had clear skies for a long time, the forecast is perpetual light snow and overcast skies this time of year. Did not get the opportunity to view the blood moon :(
What I did see looked pretty dang creepy. Like someone had gotten the moon dirty.

There's a normal super moon coming up Feb. 19th though. That should look cool too.
Had a performance review today where my boss again made it very obvious that he has no clue what I do. The only thing he commented on was that he liked the one email I sent him a month ago.
The highlight of my day, and one of the best memories I think I'll ever have, was my mom losing her shit laughing from watching how a ferret runs.

I also got triggered twice by someone calling drag a low-brow form of entertainment and another stating that racism against white people isn't real.
Managed to get a job working construction a couple days after getting back to VA which was nice, but holy hell was the crew sketchy as fuck.
Nice guys to talk to, but they managed to almost kill me a couple times and I didn't feel like sticking around for the third times charm. Started work re roofing a two story house with a 10/12 pitch, which is at the just edge of where my boots stop sticking to shingles, of course no safety harness, but I've never used those before. This was the only safety we had to catch us if we started slipping.
First day they managed to drop a hammer off the roof about a foot from my head, second day they actually did drop a shingle shovel on me while I was on the roof. Thankfully I had the reflexes to catch it before it swept me off the roof, but still. At another point I caught one of the guys smoking weed in his car on lunch break. I've somewhat backed off my stance of thinking anyone who does drugs is degenerate, but I don't want to work with and trust my life to someone's reaction times while they're high. In any case, I finished out the job which ended up looking quite nice, but then let the boss know I didn't think I could stay on due to safety concerns. Shame, because it was a decent paying job.

In any case. Working for my vet friend at the moment. Mostly just giving meds, walking dogs and prepping for surgery. Not my dream job, but the work is easy and it'll keep me fed until shearing season. Thankfully my rent is so low it's non existent, because I'm helping take care of the people I'm renting from's farm. All in all, life is slow, but moving in a good direction I think. Just wish I could get to my end goals faster.
Went skiing for the first time in a few years on Sunday. It was nice because the superbowl kept it from being too crowded. I just wish there were better mountains near me. I live in a pretty flat area so the nearest ski slopes (Poconos, Pennsylvania) are really small, crowded and mostly fake snow.
yeah saw that on ur snapchat. Ima go skiing this sunday. I got goodass headphones i could use while i ride those slopes as well
mattiasc02 said:
I got goodass headphones i could use while i ride those slopes as well.
No Comment