TommyGunn said:
And here I was just about to DM you asking for you ID. I've been slowly rebuilding my friends list since the nuke.
Oh I'll give it to you. I don't actively discourage people from talking to me.

I guess it's just the "instant" part of messaging that I feel uncomfortable with.

I'll dmail it to you though.
otaku_emmy said:
I guess it's just the "instant" part of messaging that I feel uncomfortable with.
That's why I don't like super active servers/forums. If you don't respond instantly the conversation is lost.
Safarilandhas been hitting me with a reverse strip tease. They've been sending my holster setup one piece at a time as they make it. Got my QLS (quick locking system) kits first, and I got a shipment email today saying that my UBL (universal belt loop) kit is on it's way now. Still no word on when the actual holster is going to ship. I'm wondering if they're going to ship the leg strap separate as well (it's pretty much just a elastic strip with a buckle on each end). The anticipation is killing me.
My poor (great) uncle's wrecked his car already. My mom helped him get it less than six months ago. We're not sure what happened because he can't remember either, but he ran off the road and hit a power pole, a restaurant's entry sign, and some other thing and totaled the vehicle. He slammed his head in the the windshield too, but it didn't break.

His roommate called us yesterday saying that my uncle wanted my mom to find the car since he didn't know where it was and he wanted it back. He had no idea he had totaled it.

So my mom had to call the police station and different towing companies until she finally found it. The accident didn't occur anywhere remotely near where he told my mom it happened.

My mom's not sure what to do with him now. She can't really be available to drive him around every day when he needs to go somewhere. He's also really adamant about continuing to drive. I guess that's a stubborn old man for you.

None of that has much to do with me, but I thought I'd share it anyways.
What's up with his memory? Drugs, age, or head trauma from that windshield?
traz64 said:
What's up with his memory? Drugs, age, or head trauma from that windshield?
He's nearly 80 and had a stroke several years ago. He used to do cocaine when he was younger and drink a lot, but I'm not sure if he was ever an addict.

My mom asked him what happened and all he could say was that he "blacked out".

It's sad because he used to be really cool and suave and really smart. I've always liked my Uncle Dickie.
So much history lost today. My heart goes out to you and your country Shizko.
I've been watching that too.

850 years of human history. Something so beautiful and universally admired. Something that took so long to complete. Not to mention all the priceless art and artifacts held within.

But at least no one's been hurt or killed.

Edit: And now I'm triggered because people are already making light of it and using it as an excuse to bash religion.
Apparently 8 ppl actually did die. But that's what the news said
mattiasc02 said:
Apparently 8 ppl actually did die. But that's what the news said
*goes to Google*

I just checked and it says no one died. So maybe you heard that secondhand?

One firefighter did get hurt though, but hopefully he'll make a full recovery.
What happened? Can someone pls fill me in. I havent watched the news the entire day.
Notre Dames caught fire, I'd say about a quarter of it went down, the beautiful spire in the middle collapsed, the roof is just... gone. Nobody died, but on a serious scale, that's not the important part. On a religious scale, nobody dying in a church is a blessing and a good thing.
I'm glad I got to see it the year before last. It truly was a breathtaking building to just stand in. Every aspect of it was a piece of art.
I haven't seen it myself but heard nothing but good stuff about that place and seen it in soo many movies as well. A great loss. Is it repairable or has the whole thing just turned into ashes?
Many wealthy (as in Billionaires) French, even other countries, have already pledged funds to rebuild Notre Dames. The facade as well as the old stained glass windows were also spared along with the Cross. At least Notre Dames is a very well documented building - already, some of the artifacts such as the wind vane from the top of the spire have been recovered. There is no doubt that it will be restored.....even if some of the French politicians themselves don't give a rats ass.
That is good to hear. We should preserve our history as much as possible not just religious things but all things like the 7 wonders of the world or old stadiums or old historical sites etc.
Apparently there exists perfect perfect laser scans of the entire building, so they might use that as a resource as well.
my chemistry teacher dead ass used the burning of notre dame as an example for melting point. I'm. DONE 😂
The original mason work is still intact. All that was destroyed was renovations.
Well...the roof and that spire got it pretty bad too. Not to mention some of that stained glass. I mean, the quote was "colossal damage".

There's a gaping hole in the ceiling. Looks like a giant accidental skylight.

Pretty decent CBS article w/ video and pictures to go along with it
I've had a pretty darn good day. I finally figured out how to play music from a cell in the car. It slipped my mind that aux cables are specifically for that. So we finally got a cheap one and boom...endless music at our fingertips.

I also dyed some Easter eggs.
Had two bits of excitement the past couple days. First off was a couple nights ago while I was walking the dogs. We were having a lot of rain that night and as I was walking I kept hearing these loud popping sounds, I kept looking around trying to ID where it was coming from until there was this super loud crack and and a solid 50 to 60 foot pine tree fell about 30 feet away from me. Scared the ever living shit out of me and spooked the dogs too. Took out a good chunk of fence as well.

Second thing happened earlier today in Winston. Was at a bookstore until it closed and was just sitting in the parking lot checking emails until I saw someone walking up in my rearview mirror kind of in a blindspot. I cleared my cover garment absentmindedly not really thinking about it until suddenly this guy was right up alongside my car and tried to open the driver side door. I drew just out of instinct not really processing what was happening and as soon as he saw the gun he bolted. Expression didn't change at all, it was almost funny. Completely blank face as he saw it and ran. Took me a while to process that what happened actually happened. You know that feeling when someone insults you and you don't completely process it so you just sit there with a bemused expression until your brain catches up? That was me. First time I ever pointed a gun at another person and I honestly feel kind of bad about it, but I'm pretty sure I was justified. Still a kind of surreal experience.

Between the two I'm starting to feel like this week has it out for me. Other than that, my Easter went alright. Been working pretty much every day these past few weeks shearing and still getting more clients.
Lets talk about writing fanfiction? Anyone here write some stories? Can you give some advices for beginners?
I don't, it's not about fanfic since it was not based on anything, but I remember once I started writing a story in Microsoft Word and never finished it, I don't remember the story but it was about pirates, this in 2013 or 2014, nowadays I wonder why the hell I started writing a story, I'm glad I don't remember what I wrote, because I would feel a lot of shame.
Some general writing advice would be to use proper grammar and punctuation, not to be too repetitive with your words, don't be too long-winded about describing things, and use words that make you sound like you're not a driveling simp.
samuiii said:
Lets talk about writing fanfiction? Anyone here write some stories? Can you give some advices for beginners?
I tried to write own short stories in past. But I had problem with characters and idea. I do not know how correctly express the idea of my story. Same problem I have relarly in college, during writing course work. So I often get little advices from https://au.essayshark.com/
Also, people need to stop making everything gay. I'm not against LGBT (I'm an advocate and also bi), but this fucking gay and trans shit in fan media has gotten out of hand.
It's been like that for a while now. And people wonder why we hate the LGBT community. Being OK doesn't mean forcing it on people just because it's OK.
Tensa said:
It's been like that for a while now. And people wonder why we hate the LGBT community. Being OK doesn't mean forcing it on people just because it's OK.
Someone left a comment on a song on YouTube saying they misheard a lyric as "I'm gay", and it got thousands of upvotes and tons of brainless "omg me too!", "i can't stop hearing it now XD" replies, and someone else corrected them with "it's 'again' dumbass" and yet another person literally got angry over that and called the person who gave the correct lyric homophobic. A song that is 100% not gay at all in the slightest, and this person is a homophobe for getting annoyed with a bunch of degenerate fangirls shoehorning something in to be about gays.

I told her she was very ignorant and naive for thinking that way.
It's hip to be gay