Hip to be brainwashed too, I reckon.

Helluva time we're living in.

It's not even that people are gay, it's that people have....fetishized it and appropriated all these vacuous buzz words. EVERYTHING has to be gay. There's gotta be gay ships and gay fan art and everyone's always shouting "YAS QUEEN" and "WE STAN".

I saw someone say "We stan a confident queen!" about an already attractive Korean woman who had sleeve tattoos and was wearing a white tank. Like, what the fuck? What the fuck does she not have to be confident about? She's fucking rich as shit, she's fucking pretty, and she fucking lives in America where tattoos are socially acceptable. Shut the fuck up.
Kiho said:
Many wealthy (as in Billionaires) French, even other countries, have already pledged funds to rebuild Notre Dames.
That was before people actually start saying that instead of rebuilding it, they should just hire architects and do something "new"...
This is just stupid in my opinion but whatever float their boat.
"Rebuilding" means bringing it to the condition it was before the fire.
My back might hurt like shit, but I just won $50 on a scratch off lottery ticket. I got five different money bags on the back, which means you win those prizes instantly, and on the front of the ticket (the main game) literally every single number I got was a match to the winning numbers. And I got one "Lucky 7", which also meant an instant win. It was cool as hell. Can't beat getting back ten times what you paid for it.
My grandma just died so I've been pretty bummed out about that. She died sometime between 5:30~6:00 AM Sunday morning. I had only just prayed for her a few hours earlier too. I asked God to be ready for her, and have everyone gathered to greet her. I said that I hoped He'd have his arms wide open to receive her.

I wish I could have learned about my own family more. I don't know anything about anyone. I don't know much about my grandparents' lives or what they liked.

My aunts and uncles can't afford to bury her either. My dad volunteered to pay for the grave digging, plus he has to pay his share of $1400 to cover the funeral (he has five sibling who are expected to pay the same).

Not to mention my cousin is stuck in Oklahoma and she's struggling to find a way to pay for a plane back here.
otaku_emmy said:
My grandma just died so I've been pretty bummed out about that. She died sometime between 5:30~6:00 AM Sunday morning. I had only just prayed for her a few hours earlier too. I asked God to be ready for her, and have everyone gathered to greet her. I said that I hoped He'd have his arms wide open to receive her.

I wish I could have learned about my own family more. I don't know anything about anyone. I don't know much about my grandparents' lives or what they liked.

My aunts and uncles can't afford to bury her either. My dad volunteered to pay for the grave marker and the grave digging ($800), plus he has to pay his share of $1400 to cover the funeral (he has five sibling who are expected to pay the same).

Not to mention my cousin is stuck in Oklahoma and she's struggling to find a way to pay for a plane back here.
It is really sad to hear about this. My grandmother died almost 2 years ago and i was also really sad when she passed away. When she died we just got family members to come to my uncles home where she died and we said our good byes to her and all the actual preparations where done by the elders of the family and no one was actually hired to do anything so we spared money that way and the community members helped in with all the burying and stuff. Anyway i hope everything will get better soon with the money and your cousin.
My family's kinda fucked up, so it's already a big mess. A lot of us are already pissed because someone we don't even know (I sure as shit don't know her and I ain't related to her) was listed as one of Thelma's (my grandma) daughters, and the family visitation is being held at her house. My uncle is also trying to steal money from my other aunts and uncle (my grandma had three boys and three girls) by telling them they OWE HIM for the grave digging. And everyone was arguing at the funeral home and cussing audibly. Which I'm super glad I didn't have to be around.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You need to get away from your family before they end up messing your life up.
I think I'm already fudged up, TomTom.

But it could always be worse, I guess.

I do want to go away. Someplace else. With someone else. A knight in shining armor. But all that's easier said that done. And I have zero life skills. Plus I love my mom so much that I don't wanna be away from her.
otaku_emmy said:
I do want to go away. ... And I have zero life skills.
So what are you doing to fix that?
traz64 said:
So what are you doing to fix that?
I have no idea how, but I totally missed that.

And not much. But I do take baby steps. Though I refuse to do things like drive.

For instance, I had to go to the gynecologist today and I wanted my mother to sit with me during the exam. The attending nurse told me I didn't need her, and so I dealt with it with relative strangers.

Speaking of which, my vagina is too small. And that really sucks.

My grandma's wake was today too. Real barn burner of a day for me, this.

It was nice seeing so many of my relatives. I did cry when I saw her body. It's so totally bizarre to me to see a body like that. She looked beautiful though. So much younger. Her coffin was pretty and the flowers were pretty.

They told my cousin's toddler that she was only sleeping, so she kept coming back to see if she was awake yet. She's a cute little kid. She was running around and playing the whole time.
Forgot my monthly update. Shearing is going well, my new assistant has finally caught on and is able to keep up with my average shearing intensity for the most part, which is really nice since now I can quote out about what time I should be done with a client and be on my way to the next one. Still doesn't have the upper body strength to manage the alpacas if they get rowdy, but that's not the end of the world to me. I hire my assistants for speed over strength.

Also this month, I finally got my Safariland holster in and with that I believe I've hit the point where I'm happy with my combat setup. It's been years in the working and there's still some things I'd like to add or swap out, but I feel satisfied with what I have at the moment.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Next on the gear todo list is get a dedicated full size ifak for my plate carrier so I can free up my dangler for admin stuff, start investing in decent comms, get a back panel for hydration and breaching equipment, then into the money pit that is night vision and IR.

Other than that, I'm doing well and looking forward to heading back to Europe at the end of this month. Can't wait to get to meet a bunch of the people I've gotten to know here over the years. If there's anyone else that'd like to meet up and hang out, I'm going to be wandering through Germany for a week or so before heading home.
How the hell are there no goddamn direct flights from PHL to IAD. It'd be like a 40 minute flight but no, I've got to go all the way south to CLT just to fly back North.

Turn a 2 hour trip into a goddamn all day event.
Because most US state capitals are insignificant shit cities. Even the capitals of such major states as California (Sacramento) and NY ( Albany) are shit cities.
Been kinda depressed lately. I feel like I'm stagnating and my options are limited for getting out. I'm not doing anything new career wise and in my personal life my friend group is slowly shrinking.

I'm not meeting anyone new and just need to get out more but I also lack the motivation to do that.
I got up to potty this morning and when I went to shut my bedroom door to lay back down for a while I SMASHED MY DANG RIGHT RING FINGER BETWEEN THE DOOR AND THE FRAME! It freaking hurt! Later on, while my mother and I were out, we met a skinny, bald black dude loitering outside a Dollar General with a red macaw on his shoulder. It was really odd. The only other notable thing that happened today was the fact that a nice dude complimented me on the shirt I was wearing. It was my recently acquired (knockoff) Dunder-Mifflin, Inc. shirt. He said it was "awesome", which is a bit of a stretch when you think about it but it was still a nice little uplifting moment.
How do you manage to always goof things up? Or maybe it's just me? From a younger age I've decided and kinda trained myself to move fluidly.
I have no idea. Maybe I was still half asleep? Because I've literally never done that before.
Had a very stressful past few days. Jeep got fucked by a pothole on the highway on my way to a client so I had to buy a new car with very little time to prepare or compare prices. Ended up buying a Ram Promaster. It's super nice, got lots of space for all my equipment, it's also a LOT larger than my last van. RIP sweet Jeep, you served me well.
Tommy, what kind of sinkhole did you hit to total your jeep?
I don't know anything about cars, but it might have been a badly bent axle?
I have seen axles getting totally split apart, like broken into 2 when a vehicle big or small hit a pothole big enough at high speeds. It isn't a pretty sight to see but it happens a lot.
so i may or may not dress up in dragggg for prom this saturday... but the idea of it makes me so pumped!!
Grumpy Cat (real name: Tardar Sauce) pass away after complications with a urinary tract infection at the age of 7. Read more
..............Well now I'm sadder than I was before.
I can't believe how hot it already is where I live. Temps are gonna be even hotter next week (mid 90s).

I'm glad our A/C isn't butt anymore, otherwise we'd be up shit creek.
I just got catcalled by a SUV full of sorority girls blaring that godawful old town road remix as loud as the speakers could go. I think they wanted me to to hop in with them or something.
Wise decision TommyGunn, not hop in....but not unpleasant to be noticed :)

We received a delivery from Ozon (the Russian Amazon). It came in a "perfect" box with the "perfect" crinkly brown packing paper. Both of our kitties very much want to sit in the box under the packing paper......but they only sit Near the box, because if one goes in, the other gets jealous and chases the it out. When one kitty leaves the room, the other pops into the box.....but not relaxed, watching with a wary eye for sibling......Very entertaining to watch. We put out boxes from time to time for the kitties to play with, but this box in particular seems to be extra special for some reason.
Ah yes, getting sick at the start of my 4 day weekend. Fun.

otaku_emmy said:
I'm glad our A/C isn't butt anymore, otherwise we'd be up shit creek.
That reminds me. I really need to get my new car before I need A/C.

EDIT: Got a new car. Old car had 242817 miles on it. Sad to see that one go as it was the car I learned to drive on.
Had my first "Mother Daughter Cool Pool Party Series 2019" today. It was nice since the water was still cool and it was a hot day. I accidentally got all sun burnt though. It hurts and I'm hot.