My dog attacked a porcupine, and got 6 thorn in her mouth, and some in the leg, the color of thorns is yellow with black tip, although I've never seen one personally.

traz64 said:
I graduated from the leadership program I was in at work. Unfortunately I had let my dad take some pictures without checking his work. Apparently he uses some 3rd party camera app that absolutely destroys the image quality. The man was technologically literate until the moment he retired. Then that went completely out the window.
Congrats for the graduation.
traz64 said:
I graduated from the leadership program I was in at work.
Congrats.

traz64 said:
Unfortunately I had let my dad take some pictures without checking his work. Apparently he uses some 3rd party camera app that absolutely destroys the image quality. The man was technologically literate until the moment he retired. Then that went completely out the window.
Ah, yes.
A picture so clear, humans that lived 1000 years ago would think it's magic.

RyuZU said:
My dog attacked a porcupine, and got 6 thorn in her mouth, and some in the leg, the color of thorns is yellow with black tip, although I've never seen one personally.
Ouch.
Let's hope that your dog learns from this.
Ever had a stomach ache so GOD damn bad that it physically exhausted you? Cuz same.
otaku_emmy said:
Ever had a stomach ache so GOD damn bad that it physically exhausted you? Cuz same.
Does a severe case of migraine count?
otaku_emmy said:
I mean, I've been hospitalized for gastroparesis multiple times.
traz64 said:
I mean, I've been hospitalized for gastroparesis multiple times.
Yeeeeaaaaah, you did tell me about that.

I know there are worse things than IBS, but it sure does fucking suck sometimes.

Seems most of us have something "wrong" with our brains or inner bodily workings on here. :p
I've had viral gastroenteritis a long time ago, right on Christmas day. Lasted through new years. It was horrible, vomiting every half an hour.

But that's all the problems I've had with my stomach! Maybe. I can still eat whatever I want and it won't complain (hot chili pepper and generally -actually hot- hot sauce might be a helping factor).
How's my day? Well I feel like I had a fight with several sentient vacuum cleaners. A whole lot of sucking and dirt.

otaku_emmy said:
Not really, but I had stomach ache during the night. Worse time to have them since I just want to sleep.
I had scarlet fever when I was a kid. It is not a virus, but a serious bacterial infection, which at the time was treated with massive doses of Penicillin, which also killed off just about everything in my digestive tract as well. The concept of probiotics was yet to be discovered. It took a while to repopulate my intestines with the right bacterial flora - I never has such intestinal cramps.
Fepple said:
Not really, but I had stomach ache during the night. Worse time to have them since I just want to sleep.
Oh man, that brings back memories. When I was much younger and much more afraid of severe storms, I'd get very, very bad fear tummy aches at night when I was in bed during a storm.

I would cover my head with a pillow or plush, tuck my arms close to my chest, and I'd be sure I was holding "hands" with my burgundy teddy bear. It protected me.
This year's con season is over for me. Have a break until Colossalcon Cruise at the end of January then it'll ramp up again. Should probably get a good cosplay together for next year.
In the neighboring city here have Anime Festival BH, It's not as big as others that happens in Brazil or in the world, but it's something, last year I had arranged with a friend to go if possible, but this year I lost any interest.
I saw a juvenile skunk on the porch again. It was eating cat food. They're so fucking cute when they're small. It looked right at me too, but I stood still so it didn't blast the door. We also have bats that swarm around dusk too, and they're pretty cool. Especially with Halloween comin' up. Makes it feel extra spooky outside.

I entered a contest to win $50. It's not much, but I can use it for Christmas.
*near constant confused and very annoyed screaming, both internally and externally*
And that's how my day so far.

Edit: Would using your phone as a mobile hotspot for (3)DS games be wise?
This made me interested to try.
God not again with this..

on topic: repairing the wall of my room, a bathroom problem ruined half the wall
Nepcoheart said:
on topic: repairing the wall of my room, a bathroom problem ruined half the wall
Your room in near the bathroom or you have your own personal bathroom within your room? Either way it's good to fix it.
The bathroom is between two rooms, I live in an apartment so the place is not very big, the idea was to paint a room that was covered with wood, but first we had to remove the boards that covered the walls, it took me five days to make that was because they were too many and they were very attached to the wall, when I started to remove the boards from the wall that connects to the bathroom I literally ripped off a huge piece of wall that was hidden behind the wood, apparently there was a water leak that we had never seen, luckily a man comes to help me repair the disaster but he can only come at night
Busy week so far but got a bit of spare time today.
It was nice to come home and drink some coffee while checking imageboards and drawing a bit..
Hopefully tomorrow isn't that busy too.
BattlequeenYume said:
drawing a bit..
You draw? Are you a profession or it's just a hobby of yours? I used to draw a bit as well, but I didn't seem like I was improving much and other activities caught my interest more.

Nepcoheart said:
-snip-
So you had water leaking in your walls and you only noticed it because you ripped a hole in your wall to do some painting. I consider this a blessing in disguise since you get to fix something that probably would go unnoticed had you decided to not paint the room.
Just as a hobbyist. But I'm not bad, If it's okay to say that myself..
Love it to design own characters and creating new stories around them.
So you had water leaking in your walls and you only noticed it because you ripped a hole in your wall to do some painting. I consider this a blessing in disguise since you get to fix something that probably would go unnoticed had you decided to not paint the room.
That was exactly the same as my family and friends said, well at least it is being repaired but it will take a few more days
My day is being wonderful, couldn't get better, I wanted to re-install Win 7 and install Linux Mint to test, so first I tried to install Linux and my 1TB HD ended up being completely converted to Dynamic for some reason, and in the end I didn't install Linux, I could probably convert Dynamic to Basic using Aomei, but this HD has 2 volume encrypted by Veracrypt, I did not risk, so far ok, so I decreases the size of a 2TB HD to create a partition to install Win 7, but it was in GPT, for not reading I ended up doing something stupid and deleted an entire 2TB HD, nice, as it was deleted very fast and nothing was overwritten on this HDD, I think I can recover the files, it had about 1.5TB or more of Fansub/Animes files, all of them had CRC, if I recover it is easy to know if something has been corrupted, for now I turned off this HDD, I'll try to solve these problems later, if it were my main HD it would have been worse, but I learned some lessons, one of them is Backup, in the end I ended up with less than 3GB of free space summing all HDs, I will delete something.
I never understood Linux but this year about 7 months ago I tried something similar, I have a very old notebook with windows 7 and I tried to install lubuntu to try to learn something from Linux, after many attempts without even having the slightest idea of how to install it, I ended up deleting the windows partition without realizing it.. in the end I give up and left the notebook with windows only
Linux has many distributions.

There are purists who are onto command running absolutely everything (they are rare nowadays, thank God). I'm not sure which Linux would fall into this. Arch Linux maybe?
There are the mid-rangers who use use both commands and "Windows-like" interface. Most Linux OS fall into this category, from Fedora to Debian to openSUSE and we reach the most Windows-like distributions, Ubuntu and Mint (which is a copy-cat of Ubuntu).
And there are those who just prefer to use "Windows-like" interface (re: <insert all the list from the previous point here and simply use the interface).

Most Windows users never even bother opening the command terminal or power shell to do anything, in their entire Windows usage. Well, in Linux, you can still do that but it's recommended you do things with the terminal as therein lies your power. Upgrades to anything, installing anything, is done through the terminal. It's a simple process, really.

The main problem many people have, as you just mentioned, is the installation. That TOO is not-so automated and gives you the freedom to install the distribution however you like it (within the given parameters).
I wanted to test Linux because Windows 7 support will end early next year, Windows 10 I don't like the interface, now it looks even more complicated, but it looks even more interesting, I would just use how I use Windows, download images, watch anime, music, and access the internet, etc, nothing complicated.
We have a couple of computers with ubuntu installed. It is well supported and relatively easy to install. If you have specific questions, post them. I also dread the end of win7 support. I do not like win10 ;(
A lot of games will stop supporting Windows 7 though.

What is the meaning of life without games?
TELL ME, SENSEI.
Kiho said:
We have a couple of computers with ubuntu installed. It is well supported and relatively easy to install. If you have specific questions, post them. I also dread the end of win7 support. I do not like win10 ;(
I had released about 35GB to install Linux to test, but at the time did not show this as free space, it was a screen similar to this, I have a lot of partitions, it helped to confuse I think, my question would be what I did wrong, in the end the HDD was converted to Dynamic, and I don't know why, it must be some mistake I made, Win 10 I just like on Smartphone, I don't think it suits a computer.
Windows 10 recently forced me into half-a-day update. Because even if you have windows 10, you need to keep yourself updated/upgraded in order to still receive support or whatever. I'm going to leave it on until I wake up, fuck you Windows. It takes less time to install Windows 10 and it takes half a day to install updates? I mean, one SINGLE update? Meanwhile Ubuntu has it easy. Of course, they do discontinue support for older releases, but that's fine. The difference CAN be overwhelming depending on what you're used to, but the transition is smooth (the only downside between the transitions is if you're coding, because then the compiler can get messed up and bla bla bla).

Yes, I'm using 2 OS, different hard drives.

@RyuZU: You miscalculated in your distribution. Swap's fine, though some would say that 10MB is enough (which generally is, but yeah, pump those numbers baby). Looks fine, though, I imagine the amount of space is retarded. Lemme see. Here. Ignore the snaps, they are their own domain. Now, what I have are two internal HDDs. We are looking at sda. It has a few partitions. I only partitioned /home and /swap (and maybe /boot iirc, idk why it's not showing). I put about 56GB to the OS and any installed libraries or whatever you'll add afterwards. It's more than enough. /home is your "My Computer" thing (without the Windows folder in C:/). And SWAP deals with virtual RAM (iirc). sdb is my Windows HDD. Here it is in a bit more detail (using gParted). Here's my Linux HDD and it's very minimalist partitioning table. You can clearly see the difference in file system format. You don't really need more unless you want to go heavy on whoknowswhat programs installed though sudo apt. By not giving your other directories a limit and setting just your base directory (/ ) to a partition eases on the restrictions (it's not necessary unless you're imposing it for security issues).
If I understood correctly, would I have to create more partitions manually? for /home and /swap and /boot, and these 35GB I created in the case was for just one of them?