otaku_emmy said:
AND I LITERALLY CUT MY FUCKING THUMB TODAY ON A FUCKING CHICKEN BREAST BONE. MY. FUCKING. THUMB. ON A CHICKEN BREAST. A CUT. FROM A BONE. IT HURT.
Strange.
The anime con cruise was a lot of fun. There were 200 of us on a 3500 person ship. I met a cool girl who unfortunately lives in Chicago so I'll probably never see her again. In all this was probably the most fun con I've been to but I guess you get what you pay for as it was also by far the most expensive con to attend at ~$1000.
I feel terrible. Avdol got shot in JoJo, and even though I know he's not dead it really hurt my feelings. Then I watched Paris is Burning, and that made feel even worse. Then this evening rolled around and some real shit hit the fan so now I just feel like I've lost the will to live. I just wanna lay down and go to sleep and sleep forever.

Turns out my mom's thyroid is technically normal now though. The fainting and rapid heart rate is due to low blood pressure, and the endocrinologist said that it's being caused by something separate from the actual thyroid gland.

Her being around here won't help her feel better though. We're never going to feel better being around my dad.
I was working out at the Gym today.... there was a 170Kg obese guy there that was struggling to bench press 30kg..... If he ever fell down, how would he get up? Well, at least he was at the gym working out. He had a very fit friend coaching him.Hopefully he will become a regular and shed some of that fat.
I think my dog might have sleep apnea. So that's something new to worry about.
Recruiter reached out to me for a decent position only for me to realize I don't have a resume ready.
There was a prowler outside today. He was visibly contemplating stealing our neighbor's mail. He was also checking out the backyard area of the apartments across the road. We did not call the police.

I also took a political survey on the phone. They've been calling specifically for me for a long time now. I didn't know they wanted me specifically. The guy sounded handsome and nice. He asked me a lot of questions about...presidential candidates and stuff. He asked what direction I felt the country had been going in the last couple of years. That kind of thing.

I hope he gets paid well 'cuz it was a lot of questions. And I got really confused halfway through because I got nervous.
I never participate in surveys - you give a stranger all kinds of personal information about yourself, even.... and maybe especially political surveys - there is a reason voting booths are supposed to be private.

One other point, in the US as a two party government, if your state/region has a dominant political party, if you are not registered for that party, then you can't vote in the primary and hence have NO say what so ever in who gets elected, because who ever wins the primary gets elected......unfortunately the choice usually is between the lesser evil. People registered as independent in reality have thrown away their vote.
I distinctly remember voting last primary, and I've always been registered Independent.

I recently learned that you're required by law to vote in Australia. I think that's pretty interesting.
otaku_emmy said:
I recently learned that you're required by law to vote in Australia. I think that's pretty interesting.
That’s pretty smart.
Oh, I forgot to add some stuff about my day:

I had a really, really, really bad morning. I literally did not sleep AT ALL, and sometime after 5 AM the power went out. We had some bad storms yesterday but we'd managed to avoid anything serious here. A nasty wind kicked up after 2 AM or so and I reckon it blew the dang power right out. I cried and was scared for a while because of how hard the wind was blowing and because of how tired I was.

Thankfully the power crew arrived some three hours later (I could hear their big work vehicle outside) and they had it back on in a jiffy. I was surprised at how "quickly" they fixed it, actually.

Fun Fact:
There's some cunts next door building a goddamn stupid, tacky deck for our neighbors and they're making so much fucking noise. It's pissing me off so fucking bad. And it's got the dogs on edge so I've had to babysit them all day.
These two weeks I back to studied again after 2 years and I feel somewhat strange, mixed feelings I would say about the problems I had last year, but at some point I'm happy because it was something that I wanted to do
My dog just had 12 of her teefers removed. She also got stitches in her mouth. It was a real mess in there, apparently. 😟

Edit: I HELPED A LADY FIND SOMETHING IN THE DOLLAR STORE TODAY. I AM VERY PROUD OF MYSELF FOR INTERACTING WITH A STRANGER OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
I returned to math class and now I remember how much I hate them..
The best math class I ever took was senior year of high school and it was something called "discrete" math. Shit wasn't even actual mathematics. XD
otaku_emmy said:
I AM VERY PROUD OF MYSELF FOR INTERACTING WITH A STRANGER OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
I'm proud.
That's some seriously hard shit.
otaku_emmy said:
The best math class I ever took was senior year of high school and it was something called "discrete" math. Shit wasn't even actual mathematics. XD
The "math class" which I enjoyed the most was called "Feedback Theory" and was basically Laplace Transform applications. The subject matter was useful and the professor was really cool - he looked very much like Derek Flint (as played by James Coburn) in the movie Our Man Flint (1966)....and he acted just as cool. Probably the most fun class I took in University. You needed nearly a perfect score in his undergraduate class to get accepted into his graduate class, only a handful of undergrads made it.

My better half is on business travel until Tuesday. Our two kitties are very upset and they are not letting me sleep. zzzzzz
I took my first shot of whiskey today.

Never again.
Hopefully it was some good stuff and not Jack Daniels or something.

I'm still in hiring limbo with the State Police. Hopefully I'll hear back this week wether I got the job or not. It'll be nice for that stress to finally be over so I can start stressing about the fact that I'm actually in.

In other news, through a series of extraordinary good deals, I've now found myself in possession of nearly 15 grand worth of CBRN equipment including gas masks, SCBA, PAPR, and other shit. Gonna see what sort of doomsday preppers I can scalp for this, because I sure as hell don't need it.
TommyGunn said:
Hopefully it was some good stuff and not Jack Daniels or something.
Seagram's 7 babyyyyyyyyyy.
otaku_emmy said:
Even worse. No wonder.
It didn't really even taste that bad, it just burned a lot and hurt.

I prefer fruitier things, and I have cheap taste anyways. My favorite is probably this.

I also like sweet red wine, but it's gotta be real sweet. I'd probably like sangria too.

I never have mixed drinks anymore, but gin or vodka with pineapple or orange juice is good. Even more so if you add grenadine. My favorite cocktail is cake flavored vodka, grenadine, and pineapple juice. Adding maraschino cherries is a bonus, but not required.
I'm dying. Man flu got me good, send exterminatus. I don't want to suffer anymore.
otaku_emmy said:
You should try a Japanese Whisky - Hibiki for example, it is far smoother than US/Canadian "drain cleaner/moonshine". Although for a really smooth and pleasant tasting liqueur, it is hard to beat a good Bulgarian Rakia (it is made from plums).

Another rainy, dreary day.
Tensa said:
I'm dying. Man flu got me good, send exterminatus. I don't want to suffer anymore.
I’m with you.

A friend of mine gave me one.
The rest of his family’s sick too. The first one got it about a week ago and still suffers.
This is going to be a memorable week.
Had a lot of fun at Katsucon this weekend.
Real sad girl hours tonight.

Don't help that I feel like I just watched Ryan Newman die in a horrific NASCAR crash. That only fucked me up worse. I'm not even that in to NASCAR but it's...so fucking sad. It sounds stupid to say it but I don't want anyone to die. I'm tired of people having to die, and I get tore up lately when I think about people dying. I get really sad when I think about how I wish I could go back and stop people from dying. Like Jeremy Ward. Or that little girl in South Carolina. Or the woman in my state who somehow died in a dumpster and got carried off to the landfill.

Edit: Oh thank God. He's not dead. Jesus Christ. He's not in good shape but he's not dead.
otaku_emmy said:
I also listen to sad songs when I'm happy, but to answer your question: probably.
otaku_emmy said:
Real sad girl hours tonight.

Don't help that I feel like I just watched Ryan Newman die in a horrific NASCAR crash. That only fucked me up worse. I'm not even that in to NASCAR but it's...so fucking sad. It sounds stupid to say it but I don't want anyone to die. I'm tired of people having to die, and I get tore up lately when I think about people dying. I get really sad when I think about how I wish I could go back and stop people from dying. Like Jeremy Ward. Or that little girl in South Carolina. Or the woman in my state who somehow died in a dumpster and got carried off to the landfill.

Edit: Oh thank God. He's not dead. Jesus Christ. He's not in good shape but he's not dead.
I think that after bad experiences I had with people in my family, I ended up having a cold mind about those things and personally about music it's not my case, I don't like sad music and I would never think of listening to it at bad times, on the contrary when I feel sad I look for things that make me happy.

aand about my day, leaving aside the mathematics I remember that another thing I hate about studying is group work... since elementary school I have hated that, I feel that I work better doing things alone but this time I'm forced so I will have to endure it.