You can call me a genius or a madman, but I have mastered the art of eating taco's.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
My mother has requested I accompany her to my Cousin Steve's funeral tomorrow. I didn't want to go, but she convinced me. He's being buried with honors in a historic military cemetery, so that should be interesting to see.

My Cousin Steve mighta let his life come to ruin due to alcoholism and PTSD, but he was a good man. A helluva guitar player too.
Steve's funeral was okay. My mom went to the wrong cemetery at first, so that was a whole thing. They played Taps over some speakers. No real trumpet. There were two vets to perform the flag folding and presenting but they weren't in uniform. It was still touching to see.

There was a car accident in front of our house today. One lady blasted right in to the back of another lady who, admittedly, shouldn't have been stopping in the road like that (she was going to offer a ride to a third woman who was walking up the road). So the blame lies with both of them. It was mostly the rammer's fault though. Cuz you should definitely slow to a stop if someone else is stopped in front of you. That's Driving 101.
Yesterday, winter had one last hurray as we got several cm of snow as temperatures dropped 10 degrees C yesterday. Fortunately spring gave a strong push back today. Hopefully all the trees that had started to bud survived the temperature dip.
Oh I love snow! This winter snow were really rare here.

My school closed today - finally. But only bc the provincial government set new rules for privat buildings. Thanks god. Otherwise it would be still open.
Checking kona on my old iphone 4 today.

It's so fucking tiny.
How did I live with this?
Guuuuuuuuuurl, it is 81 in my house (trailer lol) right now. I ain't ready for this heat!

But maybe it'll start to kill of that dang Covid-19.
State ordered shutdown of "non life sustaining" businesses. No timeline for reopening or compensation plan for displaced workers.
otaku_emmy said:
Guuuuuuuuuurl, it is 81 in my house (trailer lol) right now. I ain't ready for this heat!

But maybe it'll start to kill of that dang Covid-19.
Well, Corvid-19 is not very hardy and susceptible to heat, but I think it takes a lot more than 81F to take it out.

I had a surprise this morning. When I showed up for Judo practice, my instructor's partner met me. It seems my sensei was stamped into the mat last night and is still suffering from it. That is why you are supposed to control your partner all the way to the mat - not just to make sure they land on their shoulder blades, but also to make sure they don't land too hard - the mat is softer than a hard floor but not that much softer.
Well, I received an SMS from the gym where I am a member - by state order, all gyms, sport's halls, pools are closed for quarantine. I later read that infected individuals were reported in 18 different regions. This of course created the expected panic buying. I had been slowly stocking up on essentials, but with this closure order, I made a couple more trips to the supermarket to top up a few things. It was not as bad as I had expected, but several of the brands I prefer were already gone. :(
^ Had a similar thing happened down in NC, Kiho. Haven't checked to see if that's the same back at home.

Finally back after a long trip and it was a fun weekend. Went to see my grandma to make sure she's doing alright, which she was. Took the time to go fishing and caught two good sized catfish.
anxiety
otaku_emmy said:
What about when we run out of eggs and bread and milk and toilet paper and tissues?
We've gotten a stay at home order but it's completely toothless. It's only really targeting a handful of businesses. Hell, I'm a software developer and I went into work today.

From the food perspective we have like 40 pounds of multiple varieties of rice on a normal day so I think we're fine. As long as you aren't at the very bottom of the preparedness any general welfare program will be instituted before it'll be a problem for you personally.
Yeah. I know it's nothing to really worry about. Not for me and my family. It's just...a weird time to be alive. I already have an anxiety disorder so I always hype up things to be bigger and badder than they actually are whether I mean to or not too. I worry about a lot of things. I'm even nervous about getting our puppy spayed on Friday.

Excellent link, by the way. It's extremely fitting. XD
I'm going crazy because of this quarantine, all days are the same.
Apparently we can get eggs from my uncle if we need them. He has chuckunz.

I am no longer worried about running out of eggs. \o/
Last Saturday, the government closed all gyms and swimming pools. Today we crossed another redline....the government closed all night clubs, Cinemas, Theaters and Children's entertainment centers. Next week will be a non-working week, with most businesses, malls and stores closed. At least the government did not make the shutdown effective immediately. On the bright side, some basic workout equipment arrived today which we had ordered and we had out first "official" workout in our mini sports hall today which we set up in a spare room :). We also found renters for our old apartment......We decided to make an impromptu move to our new, not yet fully finished new apartment......as a mandatory quarantine will be considerable motivation to finish fitting out the space. Not quite a silver lining....but.....definitely a kick in the pants....
I've been sick to my stomach the past three days. Don't know if it's a parasite, stomach flu, or maybe even a Covid-19 thing. I haven't eaten anything weird, so it can't be straight-up food poisoning. But even if I do potentially have coronavirus I won't be tested for it so... Oh well.

Our puppy got spayed today. I got in to an argument with my dad about whether or not she should stay over night at the vet clinic, which is what they recommend. We also got in to an argument about Chinese people.

The dog's surgery went well. My parents will pick her up in the morning as soon as my mom gets off of work. (She's considered an essential worker.)
otaku_emmy said:
(She's considered an essential worker.)
It seems like everyone is. Everyone I know is still going to work. Until we tighten up who's considered essential we're not going to make any progress on combating this disease.
traz64 said:
It seems like everyone is. Everyone I know is still going to work. Until we tighten up who's considered essential we're not going to make any progress on combating this disease.
I guess her job is considered essential under "construction and building materials" since she makes windows.

The company she works for even went so far as to write up a letter and print out copies for every employee that they're supposed to keep in their car/on their person in case a cop stops them.

I looked it up and it's a Class 2 misdemeanor to be out under a "stay-at-home" order. It makes me a bit more hesitant to go out, but I'm only going to the store so I shouldn't get arrested for that.

My mom says she has masks I can borrow too.
otaku_emmy said:
I guess her job is considered essential under "construction and building materials" since she makes windows.
That's pretty cool.

otaku_emmy said:
I looked it up and it's a Class 2 misdemeanor to be out under a "stay-at-home" order. It makes me a bit more hesitant to go out, but I'm only going to the store so I shouldn't get arrested for that.
At least your country has a rule like that.
As long as we keep our distance from everyone, we're fine.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
You're not allowed to post two messages directly after one another within 24 hours.
It's a spam bot man.

otaku_emmy said:
Yeah that's my point. No way should window manufacturing be considered essential if we're taking quarintining seriously.
traz64 said:
Yeah that's my point. No way should window manufacturing be considered essential if we're taking quarantining seriously.
Cannot shutdown the construction industry now.....but restaurants, nightclubs, theaters, sports halls.....they are free to go out of business.

otaku_emmy said:
Have you considered applying for a job where your mom works?
Kiho said:
Have you considered applying for a job where your mom works?
Aside from working in the office I don't think I'd be able to stand it.

Like... They don't even have A/C in that place.
First world problems, I see.
Tensa said:
First world problems, I see.
I'm still fat as fuck. I can't work around heavy machinery in 90+ weather. Just can't.

Oh, not to mention the whole safety glasses thing. AND THEY DON'T LET YA WEAR SHORTS! IMAGINE ME, FAT AS HELL, 90+ OUTSIDE, NO A/C, CONSTANTLY IN JEANS!

I'd probably lose a lotta weight though. I'd sweat to death. XD
You gotta start somewhere, lass!
Office jobs are college & university reserved btw. Or nepotism reserved.
I know. I'm just really hopeless most of the time. I don't wanna get dark or anything but I often consider the fact that I don't want to live in to middle-age-hood.
otaku_emmy said:
Like... They don't even have A/C in that place.
Do not expect pity from someone who spent 20 years living in Phoenix, Arizona. I was rather poor the first few (4) years that I lived there and did not have the money to buy a vehicle with air conditioning. The summer average daytime temperature is 114F and it never gets below 100F from mid June to Mid September, even at night. There are always a few days of mid 120's every summer.

On topic:

Today is the first day of an extended Corvid-19 shutdown - all non-essential businesses are closed for the next week. All borders are closed, road, rail and air. It is also the first day of spring, warm enough to not need a coat......but everything, even parks are closed. It is estimated that it will be mid May before we see a decline in daily new virus cases. ;-(
My grandfather died today. It wasn't the corona. It was heart failure. He was pretty sick for the past 2ish months but he was getting better and better day by day, it came as a shock to me and all of my family.