Is strike witches 2 becoming another overhyped anime like K-on!! and Angel beats <_<?
Strike Witches? If it were like that you would hear about it between the seasons (K-ON! still had so many artist drawing it between the seasons). No, I don't think it will. Thou, the pantsu that is constantly shown withing the anime increseas it's popularity. The answer is still "No". On a personal matter, I love the series.
I think SW has been much more a general niche title. Only reason it gets mentioned so much is the whole "Not pantsu" things regarding most of the female cast not wearing a bottom of some sort other than swimwear (Yoshika/Sakamoto) or underwear (damn near anyone else.)

Only Eila's and Sanya's uniforms look "normal" in the series. (Their uniforms cover them enough to look like one-piece skirt-type uniforms. In fact, it's part of the reason I like those 2 the most in the series.)

The other reason in got decent news coverage was the fact GONZO was the original studio that animated SW1 and they subsequently lost the license during their financial problems over the past couple years. AIC is the studio handling SW2 now. I do believe SW was one of GONZO's bigger licenses, so losing it was pretty bad for them.
I liked Sanya from the very first moment I saw her. Wonder why... I still can't figure it out...

Anyway... how was my day? Somehow... good... or not? ... Well I found out that Spice and Wolf vol. 1 doesn't have that ugly cover as a protection (to say it like that) for the original cover. That made me sad ... because I don't like the USA cover for the novels... well only the first one has US only cover. The rest are OK. But I'm still wondering if the pages inside are the same as the originals. I might buy it... If anyone knows, please tell me. Thou I doubt you people read light novels.
I would if they'd release more, dammit. I read the Seikai-series trilogy. (Though they ARE Novels vice Light Novels...)

I've been trying to hunt down a copy of the Shinigami No Ballad LN they released in the US in fact. (Only series I know where the term "Slice of Death" instead of "Slice of Life" makes sense...^_~)

BTW, as for Sanya (and Eila): they're I think the only ones that aren't completely sexualized in SW to date. They have sensible char design (love the hair, eyes, and uniforms), reasonable personalities (Sanya being the quiet, semi-mysterious-looking beauty helps. Eila's a light Tsundere ^_^), and Sanya background story in SW1 was actually kinda touching/heartwarming (the WAFF - it burns! Well, not really...Lethally burning WAFF is more like K-On! Or ARIA...)
I saw S1, and I, indeed, didn't really feel and notice any popularity from the otaku masses at that time. But S2 does get lot of attention now, be it because of the pantsu >_>. I have nothing against pantsu, but in strike witches it almost feels normal to wear no trousers, it get's boring.
Doing/seeing the same thing over and over again generally is boring. I wouldn't watch a movie multiple times even if it was that good. It's like people throw away old stuff because they got tired of seeing the same thing over and over again, and want something new.
If you live up to the moment of seeing pantsu, it can be rather satisfying, but seeing it constantly for me is not.

And on another note; What do you people thing about the recent shutdown of mayor manga sites? Did you people use places as One manga, and the place which I forgot the name of =).

I used to lurk everything from 'the lurker', seems like it also got shut down. Manga fox however still seems to be standing, I hope they got some firm legs, or I would have to visit like every convention down here to get my hands on some manga. Since comic stores barely have any.
MangaToshokan I think is mostly taking down US licensed titles, rather than folding in completely like OneManga (or so I gather from MT's frontpage announcement.)

I track a couple of Scanlating group site directly. This just means I have to track more websites, rather than just a handful. A Google search will get me the names of groups for the series I want to follow easily enough.

As for SW2, I've gotten over the pantsu thing very early on. (As if it was hard to realize it was a gimmick to begin with...) I got over it in SW1, in fact. SW2 kinda slaps you back in the face regarding the no pantsu thing though with Ep 3. I'm hoping they start hitting the plot eps soon. (SW1's story/plot progression/development was reasonable, save for the Erica pantsu-centric char/fanservice/filler ep...)

Still, I'm really in on SW2 for more Sanya and Eila...And a shot at more development on the war with the Neuroi (Yoshika's Father's involvement, what the hell they really are...Yes, I'm actually watching this in hopes of plot and story development...But mostly for more Sa-nya ^_^ )
Here's some information put short. It's only a matter of time untill Mangafox is taken down. The server is located in China, a communist country, USA's "enemy" ^^
Another thing is that... they will track down scanlators as well. Or so they say. The perfect way to upload scanlations is to scan them at home and then go to a net café and upload them from there. That if you don't have your own server where you upload (or they're just trying to scare scanlators).
I still MEH, we will find other ways.

And I'm poor, my supermarket doesn't pay me enough to go and buy manga every week.. Well maybe if I work every day, but I won't.

My day today was bad, had to work 5 hours, which is much for me =). I'll be going to town in about a hour, partttyyy, last day of the summer festivals which was 1 whole week, so going one more time won't hurt. I've only gone 2 times this week, makes 3 with today.. Drunkkkk, maybe.. Bad music, yes, evade, yes.
Mph!
I hope it's a good party,
I really want to attend one now, but unfortunately, today I have to work late, i will not get home tonight........ahhh!!!! (i hate my work!)......
How was my day? mmmmm....... fine, today a guy of my work was fired , that guy was so fuckin hateful,
so nobody will miss him, that's very good!
xD, Fire assholes, that's good.
If they did it at my working place, there would be just 20% left.
Or maybe I'm a bit picky here, but I don't care.
Well today I actually decided to try and work my way into the society that is Konachan and set my avatar as well as introduced myself. Relatively productive interweb wise, other things not so much. Buuut it's nothing really worth "raging" about so I'll just end here.
Artwork said:
xD, Fire assholes, that's good.
If they did it at my working place, there would be just 20% left.
Or maybe I'm a bit picky here, but I don't care.
Do not think you're a person so picky, ha ha!
You know that any work you may find idiots like that, and "fire", is the best way to deal with them. (^_^)
How was my day? Emmmm ..... Really bad!
Today I broke a finger, ouch! xD
I just fell down the stairs and my finger is broken ...... shit!
I can not play guitar in a long time, ahhh .... hurts.....
I hope tomorrow is better! xD
^You broke a finger >_<. I feel your pain, maybe..
How did you fall down the stairs O.o, I thought it only happened to really young/old people. (No offense). I fell onces, but I was like 6 at that time, I crawled down the stairs for 2 years after that lol.

In a long time, but you do hope tomorrow is better, well I do hope so for you.

The temperature finally dropped a bit here.
So I can sleep a bit better without sweating bullets.. Goodnight Konachanners..
Artwork said:
^You broke a finger >_<. I feel your pain, maybe..
How did you fall down the stairs O.o, I thought it only happened to really young/old people. (No offense). I fell onces, but I was like 6 at that time, I crawled down the stairs for 2 years after that lol.
Mmmmm ....... Are you calling me child / old woman?
Ha ha! It's just that my phone was ringing, and i down the stairs running to answer it, but had my servants were doing the cleaning was wet, so I slipped and fell, I bend my finger all the way back xD
The low temperature in your country?
In Mexico it is very hot, so I'm completely naked right now.
My fingers hurts !!!!!!!
Goodnight......
Just popping in to say hi! So... Learned a few dos and don'ts around here which left me feeling just a tad embarrassed. But other than wander around the site, I actually saw something on the television that took me waaay back. Anyone ever hear of the anime Escaflowné? Well it was my first anime and I wasted away infront of the television wallowing in the nostalgia. And why is it ninety degrees fareheit at night?!
Mythica said:
And why is it ninety degrees fareheit at night?!
You're not the only one wondering about that. The humidity here in NY is not helping either...

Escaflowne was one of the majot titles back on the late 90's. I haven't seen or heard anything regarding it in years...Never saw it myself though. (I refuse to watch dubbed anime...Especially on a national network back in the 90's. Talk about censored and/or edited to hell...)
Mythica said:
Anyone ever hear of the anime Escaflowné? Well it was my first anime and I wasted away infront of the television wallowing in the nostalgia.
I have also heard about Escaflowne, but I have not had the chance to see the anime, I also I like to see the anime in its original language and not dubbed, unfortunately, in the country where I am, only I can get in Spanish. and do not really want to see him with words like "coño","mierda" y "tio" (-_-)
Original language is always better!
Elfengore said:
Mmmmm ....... Are you calling me child / old woman?
Ha ha! It's just that my phone was ringing, and i down the stairs running to answer it, but had my servants were doing the cleaning was wet, so I slipped and fell, I bend my finger all the way back xD
The low temperature in your country?
In Mexico it is very hot, so I'm completely naked right now.
My fingers hurts !!!!!!!
Goodnight......
No no no ^^. But seeing as you probably have a mansion, with a marble floor, and servants.. Yeah stairs can get slippery, I'm just used to wooden or stairs 'covered' in a fabric.
Details O.o, atleast you can still type messages, that is a good thing.

Well I wouldn't call the temperature low, but today it's like 24*C, while it has been 35*C or more for the past few weeks. ~Nudity~

StahnAileron said:
You're not the only one wondering about that. The humidity here in NY is not helping either...

Escaflowne was one of the majot titles back on the late 90's. I haven't seen or heard anything regarding it in years...Never saw it myself though. (I refuse to watch dubbed anime...Especially on a national network back in the 90's. Talk about censored and/or edited to hell...)
Humidity makes things all the worse >_<.

Hmm can't you find it original somewhere? I should be lying around somewhere, right?..
I think an un-cut version with subs was released on DVD some time ago. I wasn't into it back then to begin with. (I have this thing about staying away from what is considered popular mainstream anime to the US general public/audience...Like DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, etc. Escaflowne sorta fell into that category for me back then.)

As of now, I haven't backtracked much on major series I passed up or missed from my HS days...
I've never been able to get ahold of an original copy but I still love it. What can I say? You never forget your first anime.
Um, I have. But then it was a Dub and it was like 10 years ago probably.
my day....well I went to Coco for a water survival course which is a requirement for me to do in oder to do the over water missions with C.A.P and BP. They were rather fun till I had to do the 100 yard swim in a flight suit, sneakers (they didn't let us wear our boots in the pool) and a life vest on....sucked.

On a side note: Driving around Coco beach made me come up with the perfect fantasy. Me driving a 40's Chevy convertible with Kaito sitting in the front seat, Kanade sitting in the back dressed in a see-through summer dress, a white bikini and a gardeners straw hat, next to her is Chii in s white and pink poka-doted bikini, next to her is Kaai Yuki with this swinsuit and finally next to her on the far left seat is Konata in her school swimsuit with Cuda written on it. We're all cruisin' down the main road along the beach , listening to 50's-70's beach music.

/fantasy

In other news my main laptop got a major virus that slipped through the crack underneath my backdoor (if you get what I mean) and completely jacked my laptop. So I might not be on kona as much depending on how long it takes me to get it off. >.< BTW it's called "antivir" incase you were wondering, so ya its big.
You had 4 back seats?
Cuda007 said:
In other news my main laptop got a major virus that slipped through the crack underneath my backdoor (if you get what I mean) and completely jacked my laptop.
Ah, that's bad news...
I had a pretty big virus a few months back (forgot what it was), but luckily I was able to get rid of it. ^^
Artwork said:
No no no ^^. But seeing as you probably have a mansion, with a marble floor, and servants.. Yeah stairs can get slippery, I'm just used to wooden or stairs 'covered' in a fabric.
Details O.o, atleast you can still type messages, that is a good thing.
Well I wouldn't call the temperature low, but today it's like 24*C, while it has been 35*C or more for the past few weeks. ~Nudity~
Artwork-chan Hello!
My house is not quite a mansion, but it's a big house.
Yes, I have marble floor and marble stairs,
My maids do not always do the cleaning, they are very lazy, maybe I should hire more energetic maids. xD
Yes, my finger still hurts a lot, but even I have my right hand. xD

Mythica said:
You never forget your first anime.
Yes, I totally agree with you, my first anime was Elfen Lied, and never forget it is very good! xD

Hou was my day?........Totaly bad!!!
Today I had to go to work, my finger hurts a lot and even so my fucking boss made me work!
In Mexico are 12:13 am, I just got back from work half an hour ago!, I'm tired, hungry and my finger hurts!
But tomorrow is another day! xD
Elfengore said:
Yes, I totally agree with you, my first anime was Elfen Lied, and never forget it is very good! xD

Hou was my day?........Totaly bad!!!
Today I had to go to work, my finger hurts a lot and even so my fucking boss made me work!
In Mexico are 12:13 am, I just got back from work half an hour ago!, I'm tired, hungry and my finger hurts!
But tomorrow is another day! xD
Elfen Lied, lol that's one hell of an anime to start with. Tho mines was not much better, tear breaking Kanon ~.

You should have kicked him xD, well you shouldn't kick your boss of course.
My work just called, said I had to go work. I was like ;WTF.. I explicitly stated on my availability note; 'Can't work on Mondays to Wednesdays' . And now they suddenly call me, and start to bitch at me because I wasn't at work!. God dumb people, I'm gonna look for a new job tomorrow, won't take long before they fire me I suppose. But it's a fucking supermarket, they shouldn't bitch this much, and stop planning me on days when I can't go to work. (because I'm lazy, but still)..
Ugh, there is this annoying house fly landing on my head everytime.
I can't seem to get him, and I want to go to bed. It's 2 am >_<.
I'm happy to have a break from all these classes (summer classes are a real pain) its been nice today watched some some Lucky Star, Midori no Hibi, and Last exile ^.^ though to tell the truth I feel like a couch potato ^_^;;