As I mentioned before, morality just is highly dependent on context. And because of that it is also highly dependant on the point of view taken.

The same actions in two different contexts can be good in one case and wrong in the other; and the same actions in the same context, can be seen as both good and wrong depending on the point of view of the observer.

We just do what we consider right given what we know. It might not be the same for people in other shoes or at different times, but we don't know that, we don't have access to that information, so we do what we can with what we do know.

This is why it's perfectly fine to follow your own morals in your life (even if you end up regretting them), and it's much harder to justify imposing your morals on others (even if you think you are doing the best for them).

I feel like we've discussed this topic before, though... I remember talking about the model we use to understand the world and how it is build on our life experiences. That's exactly the same way that morals arise, shaped to fit the experience of each individual.