Yeah. For as funny as it was, it ended up being really depressing. Not a tear jerker, but something that leaves you with a sense of wistful sadness.
My Lovely Burnt Brother and His Squashed Brain is the worst thing ever recorded on film. It's not so bad it's good, it's not even worth witnessing just for the novelty of how terrible it is, there's literally zero entertainment value in it whatsoever and its existence offends me. In the hundreds of b-horror trash I've watched, it is hands down the most awful thing I ever sat through.
Anyone recognize the movie? Looks like some apocalyptic zombie movie shot in Israel - except these zombies are not "strolling" after you! https://youtu.be/elaGAZzctVc
@kiho - world war z
the book and the film were really popular back in the day. i wouldn't recommend the movie, though. and it's got tom cruise.
I (pretty much) watched The Dark Half recently. It's pretty weird, and it made me uncomfortable at points because I'm too squeamish, but I think I actually liked it. The logic behind the story is a bit wonky, but it's not too hard to grasp. From reading the description alone I accurately guessed it was a Stephen King joint, so if you like his stuff I'd recommend checking it out. Oh, and George A. Romero directed it and wrote the screenplay for it too, and he was pretty cool so if you're interested in his work it's worth checking out.
kokiriloz said:
@kiho - world war z
the book and the film were really popular back in the day. i wouldn't recommend the movie, though. and it's got tom cruise.
Thank you for the review. The short youtube clip probably encompassed the only scenes worth watching - lol. If you watch this Music video by svoemesto, you would think <The Cell> would be an amazing piece of filmography - don't waste your time watching the movie (do enjoy the Music video).

Edit: FYI, a quick check on the IMDB for the plot summary......There is a sequel in the works. If the first was not worth watching.....a sequel????
Kiho said:
Thank you for the review. The short youtube clip probably encompassed the only scenes worth watching - lol. If you watch this Music video by svoemesto, you would think <The Cell> would be an amazing piece of filmography - don't waste your time watching the movie (do enjoy the Music video).

Edit: FYI, a quick check on the IMDB for the plot summary......There is a sequel in the works. If the first was not worth watching.....a sequel????
It was a perfectly "ok" infected people movie, but it was structured as a medical mystery and had nothing to do with the original book which was also very good. I recommend you try both once.
Now that The Room has been milked dry, anyone who's a fan of bad movies needs to check out the filmography of Neil Breen. Fateful Findings was an experience.
For someone who likes bad movies so much, I'm still surprised you're not a fan of MST3K.
Because I don't need a friend simulator interrupting the film with witty remarks.
It's really funny though. =3=

But I understand. It can be distracting.
If you can find an english subtitle file, I recommend Война (фильм) It regards the war in the Caucasus, told by the main protagonist through flash backs (from his prison cell). Interesting for the context and some really good action during the unsanctioned rescue operation (none of that unbelievable Hollywood super hero stuff, all of it is believable). The interview ends with our protagonist stating that he does not expect stay in prison for long....There is one drawback, the insufferably full of himself British Actor that hires our protagonist to rescue his girl friend - but a needed element to set up the plot.
No Game No Life Zero. Watch it and cry.
I watched Johnny Mnemonic. For a movie that's notoriously bad, I actually quite liked it. It had some cool people in it that I wasn't expecting to see (I knew nothing about the film beforehand), and it was the kind of bad that you can actually enjoy.

10/10
OMG! Just watched the best action movie ever! 'Shoot 'em Up' made in 2007 by director Michael Davis, how could I have missed this one for so long?.

Stars Clive Owen (who in my opinion should be the next James Bond)

Set in the US. The story is about (what I suspect) is an ex British SAS soldier trying to protect a new born baby from assassins. The pace is almost non stop, but has nice romantic twist.

If you haven't seen this and love action, DO!!! .... but take a deep breath, this will have you on the edge of your seat.
Demolition Man. What a fucking fantastic film.
Went to check the like to dislike ratio. Was not disappointed.
I saw Spiderman Homecoming last weekend after hearing it was one of the better MCU films. I thought it was a bad movie in general.

There seemed to be a lack of reasonable character motivation and had a real problem of Flanderization. The CGI for Spiderman himself was terrible and stood out against the really good CGI for everything else. The runtime was 2:13 but I found myself checking that about an hour into the film.

Also, every scene with Tony Stark was a lazy Deus ex Machina to turn the plot instead of using any real form of drama or decision making by the characters.
How many remakes of spiderman, batman, superman, et al can Hollywood make before the plot is completely exhausted? All the remakes of super hero movies are just a mishmash of special effects, fight and chase scenes. Who needs character development anyway eh?
Not really a movie, but I'm interested in the new show, Chernobyl. But I'm unsure if HBO is wroth spending $3 monthly.

For those in the US, that's cheap. Here though.... eh.

I'm conflicted. I hope it's online streaming at least.
I finally watched "Get Out". It was even better than I thought it would be. It was shot masterfully, and I'm genuinely surprised by how well Jordan Peele wrote and directed it.
otaku_emmy said:
I finally watched "Get Out". It was even better than I thought it would be. It was shot masterfully, and I'm genuinely surprised by how well Jordan Peele wrote and directed it.
Let's hope that you have a wonderful week so that the positivity won't GET OUT of your system that easily :P
You're a strange little bean, PB.
otaku_emmy said:
You're a strange little bean, PB.
I'm like a vampire.
I feed myself with bad puns.
The trailer for the new live action Mulan has been out for less than 12 hours and people are already complaining about how realistic it is compared to the animated film.
otaku_emmy said:
The trailer for the new live action Mulan has been out for less than 12 hours and people are already complaining about how realistic it is compared to the animated film.
Of course it is realistic.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Of course it is realistic.
Somehow.... Somehow I knew someone would reply that.
otaku_emmy said:
Somehow.... Somehow I knew someone would reply that.
A true forum lurker knows when he is needed...

Quickly edited idea:
Could we add that as a seperate level like contributor and moderator?
:P
Mr.peanutbutter said:
Quickly edited idea:
Could we add that as a seperate level like contributor and moderator?
That would require modification of the code to create of a new user level. I don't think we're getting any new features ever because nobody on staff knows Ruby on Rails.