Yeah. For as funny as it was, it ended up being really depressing. Not a tear jerker, but something that leaves you with a sense of wistful sadness.
My Lovely Burnt Brother and His Squashed Brain is the worst thing ever recorded on film. It's not so bad it's good, it's not even worth witnessing just for the novelty of how terrible it is, there's literally zero entertainment value in it whatsoever and its existence offends me. In the hundreds of b-horror trash I've watched, it is hands down the most awful thing I ever sat through.
Anyone recognize the movie? Looks like some apocalyptic zombie movie shot in Israel - except these zombies are not "strolling" after you! https://youtu.be/elaGAZzctVc
@kiho - world war z
the book and the film were really popular back in the day. i wouldn't recommend the movie, though. and it's got tom cruise.
I (pretty much) watched The Dark Half recently. It's pretty weird, and it made me uncomfortable at points because I'm too squeamish, but I think I actually liked it. The logic behind the story is a bit wonky, but it's not too hard to grasp. From reading the description alone I accurately guessed it was a Stephen King joint, so if you like his stuff I'd recommend checking it out. Oh, and George A. Romero directed it and wrote the screenplay for it too, and he was pretty cool so if you're interested in his work it's worth checking out.
kokiriloz said:
@kiho - world war z
the book and the film were really popular back in the day. i wouldn't recommend the movie, though. and it's got tom cruise.
Thank you for the review. The short youtube clip probably encompassed the only scenes worth watching - lol. If you watch this Music video by svoemesto, you would think <The Cell> would be an amazing piece of filmography - don't waste your time watching the movie (do enjoy the Music video).

Edit: FYI, a quick check on the IMDB for the plot summary......There is a sequel in the works. If the first was not worth watching.....a sequel????
Kiho said:
Thank you for the review. The short youtube clip probably encompassed the only scenes worth watching - lol. If you watch this Music video by svoemesto, you would think <The Cell> would be an amazing piece of filmography - don't waste your time watching the movie (do enjoy the Music video).

Edit: FYI, a quick check on the IMDB for the plot summary......There is a sequel in the works. If the first was not worth watching.....a sequel????
It was a perfectly "ok" infected people movie, but it was structured as a medical mystery and had nothing to do with the original book which was also very good. I recommend you try both once.
Now that The Room has been milked dry, anyone who's a fan of bad movies needs to check out the filmography of Neil Breen. Fateful Findings was an experience.
For someone who likes bad movies so much, I'm still surprised you're not a fan of MST3K.
Because I don't need a friend simulator interrupting the film with witty remarks.
It's really funny though. =3=

But I understand. It can be distracting.
If you can find an english subtitle file, I recommend Война (фильм) It regards the war in the Caucasus, told by the main protagonist through flash backs (from his prison cell). Interesting for the context and some really good action during the unsanctioned rescue operation (none of that unbelievable Hollywood super hero stuff, all of it is believable). The interview ends with our protagonist stating that he does not expect stay in prison for long....There is one drawback, the insufferably full of himself British Actor that hires our protagonist to rescue his girl friend - but a needed element to set up the plot.