Ryssen said:

Paprika
Was a really good movie. I've seen it a few years back soon after the release. I think it was one of the first anime movies I watched together with 5cm per second. I don't really remember much of the story and other than that it was a paranoid ~2hours.
Funny thing, I actually made my parents watch this movie with me. It got such high ratings, and I was few up with the kiddy image they had at that time. They didn't hate it, but were really.. mindfucked? Ha ha.
Artwork said:
Was a really good movie. I've seen it a few years back soon after the release. I think it was one of the first anime movies I watched together with 5cm per second. I don't really remember much of the story and other than that it was a paranoid ~2hours.
Funny thing, I actually made my parents watch this movie with me. It got such high ratings, and I was few up with the kiddy image they had at that time. They didn't hate it, but were really.. mindfucked? Ha ha.
I made my mother and sister watch Spirited Away in Japanese. :3 They actually liked it.

Next anime movie should be either Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress or Memories.
Memories is a collection of 3 videos: Magnetic Rose (Good, dramatic), Stink Bomb (funny), and I forgot the last one because it's a political statement/philosophical video. It's not really a "movie" in the typical sense.
The Intouchables 8/10

A good heartwarming French movie. Laughed a lot.

Alien 0.5 (Don't remember the name) 6/10

Meh movie. But I liked the 2001: A Space Odyssey references, they were cool.
I am only halfway in, but I am going to call this the best rom com ever. "My sassy girl".
Artwork said:
I am only halfway in, but I am going to call this the best rom com ever. "My sassy girl".
Ahh, Korean movie. Good one.
Was watching the directors cut version. I think it showed a 'different' ending. Everything which happened at the start suddenly got glued together with the end. Beautiful, yet funny and sad at the same time.
Interested in a very weird movie for Halloween? Try the 1932 film "Freaks". They used actual..."freaks" for the film. And yes, it is slightly disturbing. I think men will definitely be able to identify with tiny Hans.
I'm excited to see Wreck it Ralph when it releases here in Sweden:P

So many game references when.
otaku_emmy said:
Interested in a very weird movie for Halloween? Try the 1932 film "Freaks". They used actual..."freaks" for the film. And yes, it is slightly disturbing. I think men will definitely be able to identify with tiny Hans.
Tod Browning did that one. He made Dracula too. It's worth checking out.
There's also a movie called She Freak that's basically a remake of Freaks except worse...

Edit: I started making a list of movies to watch for Halloween. So far I have The Stuff, House, Scream and Scream Again and Monster In the Closet.
Cade said:
There's also a movie called She Freak that's basically a remake of Freaks except worse...

Edit: I started making a list of movies to watch for Halloween. So far I have The Stuff, House, Scream and Scream Again and Monster In the Closet.
Here's a bunch more halloween/monster themed movies.

28 days later
Dawn of the Dead
The Host
Ringu
30 Days of Night
The Thing
The Shining
Alien
Trick r' Treat
The Blair Witch Project
Let The Right One In
The Human Centipede
Dracula
Friday the 13th
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Exorcist
The Mist
Underworld
Final Destination
Nosferatu
Evil Dead
The Sixth Sense
If you want to see a movie that will make you squirm, then watch "Teeth".

I loved "House" and "House II"; I wish they would remake them with today's effects.
I just watched A moment to remember/Nae meorisokui jiwoogae. Yes I got a thing with Korean movies. I don't really know what to say about this one. Prepare to shed some tears if you can't handle some drama. And don't worry you won't be the only one who did.
I just got a copy of Iron Sky and it was good; it did not deserve the bad rap the critics gave it. "Chronicle" was really good, and "Barricade" was a waste of money. With Christmas coming, I dusted off my holiday dvd's. Christmas Vacation is a must see every year, as is The live-action Grinch, with Jim carry.
7 Faces of Dr. Lao:

Very good movie. It doesn't make the whole white-man-playing-a-Chinese-man thing seem too racist. It is a bit strange, especially the part with Pan playing his flute. Each character is played well, and it also explains why no one's ever found the Loch Ness monster.

I give it a 4 out of 5.
Watched another movie and I must say...awesome.

I watched "The Story of Ricky" aka "Riki-oh" and, man, was it amazing. The violence in it is so outlandish that I found myself laughing several times (and I HATE gore). The effects are kinda bad, but that makes it even better. The characters are crazy and extremely powerful. It's worth the watch, even if you don't like violent kung-fu movies.

5 out of 5.
Due to my ban I had to wait for a couple of days so my memory is a little foggy.

Millennium Actress 9/10

I may have overrated the movie but the reason for that is, that the movie had a certain charm to it which I enjoyed very much. The editing was also very good. Solid cuts between each segment/movie.

Perfect Blue 8.3/10

Another psychological movie - I love psychological movies. And this one was no exception.
I loved Millenium Actress. I cried at the end.
About to watch The Dark Knight Rises and The Expendables 2.

I will edit post, and add my thoughts about them. I know that Expendables 2 will have zero story and be 100% action (which isn't necessary a bad thing). Hopefully the Batman movie will be good, The Dark Knight was awesome.

Am I the only one who's waiting on Cloud Atlas?

Edit*

The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10

Good movie. Bane was really good acting badass although his voice was a down side.
The Sword of Doom, or Daibosatsu Toge: It's a beautifully shot tale of directionless spite and revenge. There's a little romance too. Don't watch it though. It'd just be a waste of your time and the end will piss you off...trust me.
This looks like it could be a funny movie, as well as a new take on what's popular. Warm Bodies
Over-sexed Rugsuckers From Mars

Claymation martians come to Earth and breed a hobo with a vacuum cleaner in an attempt to advance human evolution. The vacuum then becomes sentinent and begins raping and murdering around Los Angeles.

Just... fuck... There's no reason for Over-sexed Rugsuckers From Mars to exist except to be the standard by which all retarded movies are judged.
Skyfall - 8/10

It was nice to see references to some of the older James Bond movies.

Best part of the movie has to be when the villain plays "Boom Boom Boom" on the helicopter.

I love how, after every Bond movie I watch (works better if I watch it in theater), I begin to act like him. I walk differently, look for security cameras and even clean my hands differently. This happens to me after most movies.
I expected The Hobbit to show up here by now.

I haven't watched it myself, but I hear that 48fps didn't work so well for it. Something about the special effects looking cheap and the props looking blatantly fake.
Cade said:
I expected The Hobbit to show up here by now.

I haven't watched it myself, but I hear that 48fps didn't work so well for it. Something about the special effects looking cheap and the props looking blatantly fake.
I will watch it this weekend actually. I'll post my thoughts about it.
So I watched Brave in 3D tonight. It was fun. After watching How to Train your Dragon in 3D, I'm getting more into the western Animation and stuff. Some are actually pretty good. And the 3D is a cool bonus.
Artwork said:
So I watched Brave in 3D tonight. It was fun. After watching How to Train your Dragon in 3D, I'm getting more into the western Animation and stuff. Some are actually pretty good. And the 3D is a cool bonus.
Old Disney have done some amazing stuff. Watch all the older movies if you haven't done that yet.

Edit* The Hobbit got postpone. Stuff got in the way,
I'll be going to the Hobbit Saturday. Í'm kinda curious about the HFR 3D version. Heard a lot of different opinions, from good to bad to amazing.
Life of Pi 9/10

A very beautiful movie with gorgeous CGI. The story is told with great details and at times it seems believable.

The tiger is named Richard Parker. Ha. I find that amusing.