Very emotional.
Mom here can't even handle slightly emotional.
She starts crying at reality shows and stuff when a family gets brought back together.

Mehehe.
Just came back from Mad Max: Fury Road

I believe I have just witnessed a modern classic. I have no idea how they made a movie about giant monster trucks in a post apocalyptic wasteland with flamethrower electric guitars tasteful, but they did. I was literally breathless throughout the entire movie. Very minimal dialog not a wasted word in the entire movie.

One of the greatest parts was there was no foul language, no sex, very little nudity, and only one scene of gore throughout the entire movie.

I can not recommend this movie enough. You have to see this.
I just watched Wolf Of Wallstreet.... it was amazing!
Just watched Age of Ultron, Kingsmen and Ex Machina. All three were really good.
Just watched the <Grand Budapest Hotel> If you like classic English story telling, you will enjoy this movie. A bit over the top, humorous,,,,well, classic British story telling at its' best.
Kiho said:
Just watched the <Grand Budapest Hotel> If you like classic English story telling, you will enjoy this movie. A bit over the top, humorous,,,,well, classic British story telling at its' best.
Ohh yeah I watched this after I returned from my holiday in Budapest.
Needles to say it wasn't what I expected. But very very good.
TommyGunn said:
Mad Max: Fury Road
I loved those stilt walkers creeping through the wetlands at night. The scene was so perfectly weird. Not too long, not too short. Just enough for you to grasp the creepiness of it all and leave you wondering about what the fuck else is out there in the waste land. Nice bit of world building, I thought.
I watched The Garden of Words today. It was the most visually stunning and among the most emotionally touching pieces of animation I have ever seen.
Things were going out of control in the friendly topic, and I wanted to talk about movies to, so...:
One of my favorites, A Clockwork Orange, one best movies ever made (for me), It has plot, character development, humor, boobs, sex, everything.
Just watched Sword of the Stranger. Good movie, very well animated, but the pacing seemed to slow down a lot in the middle.
Shupa said:
Things were going out of control in the friendly topic, and I wanted to talk about movies to, so...:
One of my favorites, A Clockwork Orange, one best movies ever made (for me), It has plot, character development, humor, boobs, sex, everything.
A brilliant Movie. And great music! - Ludwig Von.....

But it also has a seriously twisted plot. Our protagonist, a completely whacked sociopath with total loosers for parents, winds up getting the dream life, his "droogs" friends if you can call them that - thugs turned police (sort of like real life -eh?) And of course the government testing out mind control. - of course just on criminals, but who defines who is a criminal....

I put CLock Work Orange in the category with 1984, Brave New World, Brazil, The Handmaiden's Tale, Fahrenheit 451 and THX 1138 - all must see movies, and all good.
traz64 said:
Just watched Sword of the Stranger. Good movie, very well animated, but the pacing seemed to slow down a lot in the middle.
a friend sent me a list with animes, and that was in it. I love sword combat, but as you said, the start (till some fights happen) is slow, but i got through, not many movies can say that.
I just DLed a bunch of disney classic. The Lion King triology, Mulan, Tarzan and Treasure Planet that I'm planning to rewatch soon. Also DLing the third hobbit film since I have yet to watch it. And damn I gotta watch how to train your dragon 2 soon.
aradan said:
... I love sword combat....
Have you watched Claymore?
Kiho said:
Have you watched Claymore?
it sure in in the list, so/but i haven't mostly cause i dont really know about it, it was someone here mentioning it's a masterpiece.
Here is a link to wikipedia Claymore
I highly recommend moving Claymore up your list.
Personally, I drew many parallels between sword of the Stranger and Battle Royale. The way the plots play out are almost identical. read spoiler for a better explanation of this point of view of mine. and beware of the spoilers.
spoiler
Gregol said:
[...]
I didnt notice until you said so lol, the main characters (good or evil) look so similar in both movies... but one main difference is that, in battleroyal the killing is done by classmates (mostly) and in Sword of a Stranger is done by that chinese/western company, only contracted to kill (and the othre stuff they do). Is not the same to kill your friends, everyone trying to avoid it, people going crazy about it; as killing cause you are paid and/or enjoy it.
Anybody seen the new Ghibli movie already?
'When Marnie Was There'
I just finished it. Had to wipe away a tear near the end.
Touching. Heartwarming. Beautiful.

Like almost all Ghibli movies :3
Artwork said:
Ghibli movies
and there's me not watched a single one...
Yes, saw it in a cinema in Shinjuku last year. I watched it without subs, but the story was easy to understand and very touching indeed. At the end it sounded like lots of people had to wipe a tear. Would watch that movie again in some time if possible.
Stealthbird97 said:
Then you don't deserve to be an 'anime fan'.

Wiresetc said:
Yes, saw it in a cinema in Shinjuku last year. I watched it without subs, but the story was easy to understand and very touching indeed. At the end it sounded like lots of people had to wipe a tear. Would watch that movie again in some time if possible.
Yeah, though the story is decently complicated, the way it's told is easy enough for younger people to follow it as well. That's one of the charms from Ghibli really. Their audience is everybody.
I think the most heart wrenching Ghibli movie of all time is "Grave of the Fireflies".

Stealthbird97 said:
For shame, Cori. For shame.
otaku_emmy said:
I think the most heart wrenching Ghibli movie of all time is "Grave of the Fireflies".
That was a beautiful one as well. I still got one of those Candy tin cans from the movie.
My favorite one must be Mononoke hime tho.
A less well known Ghibli movie, <Only Yesterday> is one of my favorites - it is intended for adults, not children though. <The wind also rises> is also really good - it also has some heart wrenching moments too.
Artwork said:
My favorite one must be Mononoke hime tho.
I've been watching it for 11 years since i had it in a VHS (too bad it dissapeared, not that i have anything to read it tho), it's one of those movies that i watch when looking for something, i see it and think "why not?"
Kiho's post in the friendly topic reminded me of something:
10 years ago i saw a movie about a spaceship turning agains the humans in it. I remember it killed one of the crew, and turned him into a cyborg. It was supposed to be a horror movie.
I dont remember the name, does anyone have a clue of the name of the movie?
Tensa said:
Let me...
Ok, I am having a problem with the math in this movie <Supernova> - the Nightingale 229 search and rescue ship makes a 3000 light year "dimension jump" to a star system with a blue giant star, which after interacting with an alien artifact, supernovas, however, the shock wave that emanates from the blue giant star will reach earth in 51 years...... 3000 light years away......What am I missing?
Well, we don't know that much about supernovas. At least, I believe we don't. I've yet to venture into cosmology, but logic dictates that something we don't have any real experience with can not be accurately determined, only theorized.
As such, I'll simply theorize that the energy behind the supernova explosion continuously accelerates the shock wave. That doesn't make sense does it? The shock wave expands 'equally' in every direction (or so I believe). By that simple statement one can say that there's a point where there will be no shock wave left. Where that is, is debatable. That shock wave is stuffed with matter and radiation, so mass. Matter can't be destroyed or, well, created, so to speak. It's converted. And let's say we pick a certain part of the shock wave. Now each and every single matter has a mass. It's extremely condensed at the beginning. But by the time it reaches Earth, it should be noticeably expanded. Let's take it simple. E=(mv^2)/2. From that simple formula you can basically extract the energy behind the shock wave that reaches earth. And do remember that, no matter where in the universe you are, gravity will always bound you.
Now, one light year is many many many km away. (3x60x60x24x365)x10^8 km, if we roundabout light speed to 3x10^8 m/s.
Now....
.... if we are to believe, the shock wave that is 3000 ly away from Earth, it would simply mean that said shock wave required 3000 years traveling at the speed of light to reach earth.
So either the shock wave is made out of some kind of unknown particle that travels ~60 times faster than the speed of light, or the theory behind ultra super acceleration is true (which ain't).