This topic is locked.

Anpan said:
I'd like to make Danreptar ( same user) the idiot of the moment because I hate people like this.
Out of curiosity, did he go so far as to ask for the same things in both posts?
I saw him about an hour ago. I also check the DB entries for both accounts. My instincts/reflexes tell me to kill the accounts and remove the forum posts, but the data in the DB indictaes it COULD be 2 different users on a shared IP. (What household doesn't have multiple devices these days on a shared internet connnection with DHCP / subnetting?)

I IMmed Shuugo, but he's likely out cold right now or busy. Once I get feedback from him, he or I will take care of the problem as necessary.

Normally I'd just kill one of the accounts, but considering the circumstances, I have to be more pragmantic and cautious about the matter.

And yes, both posts list the exact same item. In fact, they were worded almost the exact same way (won vs win). The wording was what caught my attention. The item listed was the other (after the fact). I was VERY tempted to disqualify both accounts and institute an IP ban for 30 days.

EDIT:
BTW, Anpan, seeing as you already took action:

Rules & Conditions said:
[...]
One entry per user. All subsequent posts by the same user (regardless of content) will be deleted. Any posts made not conforming to the entry requirements will be deleted.
[...]
  • Emphasis Added
That's the correct action to take, not editing the posts.
And the fact that they both registered and posted quickly after one another. Even if it was family, what are the odds of them wanting the very same item AND wording their posts almost exactly the same. Everyone has his individual writing style.

[Edit]
Ah yeah, done now.
Registration and posting were actually 45 minutes apart between the accounts. One is missing the email address we require as well. But meh... *shrug*

Staff:

If you see a post asking about Censoring or bitching about it without a VERY good reason, delete it on sight. Any user doing that obviously did not read the Comment Guidelines. I'm getting tired of seeing these posts and seeing subsequent explanations cluttering up the comments. This is the VERY REASON the Comment Guideline 09 exists and references Guideline 01.

Dmail the user the reason if you wish, but try to refrain from answering them in a comment. Asking/bitching about it is a guideline violation in my eyes. (Decensoring requests are also starting to fall under this.)

Anyone with a different opinion is free to voice it for consideration.
Ever since the wiki was updated with the JPN law I delete those comments under the useless comment rule. I see no need to repeat the reason over and over again because people are to lazy to look up the wiki.
People really are stupid, aren't they?

Dylan Ferguson said (via Facebook):
i dont wanna sound rude, but you need to make your "mascot" like an older girl. or like just put a thing up somewhere that says all the animechicks on konachan are 26 years old or something. and konachan in general is synonymous pedophilia whether its intentional or not. so thats all i have to say.

p.s. please dont reply. no offense. im just legally not willing to except a reply to this message from konachan.com or its facebook like page partner arrangement.
I don't know what he's on... And I don't have a fucking clue what would get him to make a comment like that.

Well, in any case, apparently he's a 21 year old with no life (if I had to judge from a quick glance of his Facebook profile.) Apparently being born in 1991 and growing up with the internet as an integral part of his life has taught him that lack of tact in communications is okay. (Though that can be said for practically all of current society at large...)

Why do people go out of their way to bitch about shit???? *sigh*

BTW...

... I hope anyone from this site reading this is smart enough to NOT spam his FB account with flames and threats in response. Point and laugh, sigh and faceplam, but don't escalate it any further than I have. (Yes, I did send him a reply. With about as much tact as he used...)
WTF? Is he like so high that he thinks he's some Lawyer, FBI, Cop person? And yes judging by his account he's a no life WoW gamer that has no real interest in anime so he really need's to shut his mouth becaue he doesn't know what he's getting into. I can't even see his post anyway unless you got rid of it. Oh and since he's so kind (stupid) to share where he lives, I could get there within 5 hours or something, it'd be worth going and kicking his ass. Not that I'd say why I'm doing it, the punk deserves it just for playing WoW like a moron.
That guy.... He's ridiculous. It showed how much silly he is for taking the time to look at kona, see some images, take the time to find the kona page on facebook and like it just to say that... And most likely unliked it soon after...
People these days are only exposed to what they are willing to see, not to mention anime has bad publicity with all of the creepy okatu... (excuse my spelling) and hentai... Which apparently; in non anime fans is all anime consists of. And by further looking at a site like this may only just prove that. But if they took more time to research into anime, which he obviously hasn't done, people would better understand the nature and genres of anime... This urks me...
Sorry for this silly rant...
facebook page stuffs
kokiriloz said:
facebook page stuffs
Shuugo's and my writing style are fairly distinct. Last I recall, no one else has access to the Kona FB account other than the two us. An honestly, I'd rather not have anyone else suffer through having to use FB in an official capacity for us. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that have to do this professionally as their job. (Or part of it. Then again, I kinda despise PR people in general. This despite the fact I am Shuugo's PR officer, technically ^_^; The shit I get myself into... But there are good PR reps here and there. Depends on the company as well.)

Bardiche752 said:
[...] I can't even see his post anyway unless you got rid of it. [...]
Actually, it was a FB private message, not a comment. While I usually respect the privacy of others, if you have THAT much info about yourself published public on one of, if not THE most privacy-less sites in the world, I'm not gonna give a damn unless I like you. (AHAHA~) I'm willing to publish SOME dmails with associated usernames on Kona. You can bet your ass I won't blink twice when dumbasses try something via FB.

The typical college-era of life in general society really does bring out the stupidity to people full force. Things like this sometimes makes me wish the US would institute something like mandatory military service or something to teach idiots some form of discipline and self-control. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but don't make your yourself into a 'tard while doing so...

UPDATE:
So I was right. That FB user just has no tact. Got a reply making it sound like he's trying to kiss up after I called him out. Whether this is an honest admission on his part is another matter. One I'm not gonna judge at this time since I have better stuff to do that agonize over one random stranger's opinion on the internet.
Hmm. I like this thread. It took me a while to realize I didn't have the most suited skills necessary to filter images for posting, with regards to style, artifacts and general quality. I still look for an occasional great image to post, but defer much of the posting to more qualified contributers. Considering my posting record, I'd say that the Mods have been rather kind time and time again. The same could be said for my comments, so I'm trying to tone down my inner comedian...
We know you try with good intentions and take feedback/criticism well. You even try to actively correct any issues you know you have. All that makes you a MUCH better uploader than the typical upload spammer who can't read.

At the same time, the baseline is set quite low thanks to those illiterate morons, so really, it doesn't take too much to be a passable or decent uploader. ^_^; 3+ days deletions are mostly subjective. I personally don't really count thrm against a user in most cases. It's the deletions with a definitive reason that really count. (Even then, I might give some leeway, like the Loli issue. What is considered loli has a giant subjective gray zone.)

The comments, on the other hand... ^_^; The attempts at humor are fine (if pertaining to the image). The tendency to roll along with off-topic discussion is the main issue that I've seen. I've done it myself, though I try to realize it and redirect the comment thread back on course. (I tend to think and re-read a lot before finally clicking on POST.)
So after banning this user for 3 days because of his outstanding grammar and punctuation skills, (after PAIIS already blocked him for 1 day because of violation of our comment guidelines) he sent me two dmails, telling me how to do my job:

i got blocked for 3 days if this kep up i'll probly have this site shut down it not that hard to do so, so all of you need to get the stick thats jammed up your butts
if your going to block me dude u did not use proper grammer your dang self yo cause u should not be a GM or Modarator if u dont go by the the so called rules dude so live up to your own words dude if not shut up and leave me alone so stop blocking people and banneding people when u guys dont go by your rules cause look at what u just said to me dude very improper grammer yo

edit:
Am I the only one who gave up on reading the second one?
How do people like that even come to exist?...

Admittedly my grammar was just about as bad as that when I first started to join the community, but, you know... I guess it's got everything to do with age...

Maybe they're 12 or 13; I was thirteen when I joined, I think...
I don't think the age shuld matter, my 8-year-old sister has better grammer than this guy...

I always just assume people are just being lazy or trying to save time when they type like that.
If you want to see a glimpse of how awful of a human I was when I was 13 or 14, go look at the comments in the photoshop image of Kisumi with a waterfall of cum dripping out of her... The original image is from Ragnorak (or however you spell it) I think.

I read that yesterday, and I thought to myself "Why... Why was I so stupid..."
Charly said:
So after banning this user for 3 days [...]
1-year IP ban said:
Get lost, "smartass".
Yeah, I was only able to read two of his Dmails. I couldn't translate the others. Judging by that "I'm gonna get you shut down" nonsense, I assume he is under ten years old.

And does anyone else find the idea laughable? "I'm going to take you to court because you won't let me look at hentai." You can tell by looking at his preferred tags.
Good God, that user was awful. He's been here for a year now, and still has zero comments under his record, too. I don't think he started commenting till about a month or so ago, though, but still. How hard is it to just not say anything?

Senakysam said:
"I'm going to take you to court because you won't let me look at hentai." You can tell by looking at his preferred tags.
So here's something I've been curious about: What does a banned account result in? What does the user see when entering the site? Can they still browse when not signed in? That goes for an IP as well.
That user has a serious mental problem.

He has been banned indefinitely.
He's just spamming the appeal e-mail right now.
PAIIS said:
So here's something I've been curious about: What does a banned account result in? What does the user see when entering the site? Can they still browse when not signed in? That goes for an IP as well.
Since I test banned my sis awhile back, ((ofcourse without telling her :P)) basically unless Shuugo has changed it, a user can still browse everything normally and send PMs, and that's about it.
Kumacuda said:
Since I test banned my sis awhile back, ((ofcourse without telling her :P)) basically unless Shuugo has changed it, a user can still browse everything normally and send PMs, and that's about it.
Depends on the level of ban.

That's the lowest level of the three there are available.
Shuugo said:
Depends on the level of ban.

That's the lowest level of the three there are available.
Three? You have the normal ban and IP ban, whats the third?
Since the topic is at bans atm. I will just throw this one out, just for fun:

There are no real rules about posting.
There are no real rules about moderation either - enjoy your ban.

Kumacuda said:
Three? You have the normal ban and IP ban, whats the third?
country ban perhaps?
FoliFF said:
Since the topic is at bans atm. I will just throw this one out, just for fun:

There are no real rules about posting.
There are no real rules about moderation either - enjoy your ban.

country ban perhaps?
Firewall ban.
With that kind of ban it makes look that konachan is down for you as you can not reach the server.
Shuugo said:
Firewall ban.
With that kind of ban it makes look that konachan is down for you as you can not reach the server.
Is that IP range based, or still a single IP? JW
applesauce said:
Is that IP range based, or still a single IP? JW
Both IP bans can be a block of IPs

Staff Attention: feiyuelisky

• 2 Warnings
  • 4 Bans
If s/he fucks up even once in regards to quality (including downscales for no readily apparent reason) or anything else that is blatantly obvious = perma-ban.

S/he was banned for a year, disappeared, and for some reason actually returned. This despite asking me to kill his/her right after the last ban went into effect:

Dmail said:
Please delete my account, thank you.
Sent by feiyuelisky about 1 year ago

I uploaded the pictures have PS, in violation of your rules is really very sorry.
I closed a year? Delete my account direct forget.
Future will not come.
  • NOTE: Broken english due to user being chinese.
Let's see if this user learned anything during the past three hundred sixty five days. I stopped tolerating his/her antics back then, I sure as hell won't tolerate them now.
4 Bans? I would have prema at 3. I believe in the three strikes and you're out.