Video Games
Opinions:
Games you like and hate, doesn't matter how old.
So I guess i should start. Been playing that new ghost warrior sniper game, and I hate it. Far too buggy to be enjoyed.
No to go off-topic already...but what have we told you about double-posting...????
I know, but I've seen lotsa topics that begin with a double post. so I thought it would be o.k to begin an new topic.
My video card is still so bad... I can't play anything good. Currently I'm playing either Counter Strike, Trickster Online or a pretty good Touhou 3D fighting game (fan material).
Never got into counter strike. Hated the no re spawn and the godlike AI. Just upgraded my card to a Ati HD 5770.
Currently just finish the Half-life series so far, shit computer limit my games to 04-05 and back, I'm also playing Crimson Skies, these both are some of the intenser games I've played.
Half life and crimson skies weren't bad, bit overrated though, (especially half life). Finished dark sector about a week ago, so thats freed up some time for me to finish my older games (Penumbra, DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil, and some others)
iamZIIIM said:
Never got into counter strike. Hated the no re spawn and the godlike AI. Just upgraded my card to a Ati HD 5770.
But there are many respawn servers.
Are there? Every time I've played, I've had to wait till the match ended before I could rejoin?
Just finished StarCraft 2, might play some multiplayer. Also about to try Demons Souls.
Want to play starcraft 2 and demon souls. Been playing supreme commander 2. Apparently demons souls is REALLY hard, one reviewer said "its like trying to break down a cement wall with your forehead".
iamZIIIM said:
(Penumbra, DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil, and some others)
Doom3, heh heh, you better either a super computer or know how to work the console if you want to beat the hardest setting.

As for HL a bit over-rated yes....you can thank the 10 year want-to-be gamers for that, but still a very very good game.
My comp can handle Crysis on ultra with no complaints so doom is no issue for me, and I've been on a console since i was 4+-, pc is actually new to me.

I did enjoy the Half lifes, don't wont to give the impression that I don't. They are just too overrated, the only different thing in them is the gravity gun, other than that is basically just a generic FPS, but its enjoyable.

Oh and I adore most horror games, even though they don't scare me.
iamZIIIM said:
My comp can handle Crysis on ultra with no complaints so doom is no issue for me, and I've been on a console since i was 4+-, pc is actually new to me.
No no no, not console as in PS2 or Xbox, console as in the games console.

iamZIIIM said:
I did enjoy the Half lifes, don't wont to give the impression that I don't. They are just too overrated, the only different thing in them is the gravity gun, other than that is basically just a generic FPS, but its enjoyable.

Oh and I adore most horror games, even though they don't scare me.
Yes but HL is more then a FPS, its a FPS puzzle game, unlike halo or Metal of Honor where you run around and kill everything that moves, this you have to use your brain to solve puzzle's. I hope to see more games like this in the future.
Oooh sorry, I didn't understand what you meant. Yea a new console would be nice, I've got a ps2, but I would like a ps3 (for god of war 3 *drool*)

It would be nice to see more fps's that you have to think to beat, but it probably wont happen. Most mainstream games are the generic, run forward and shoot anything that looks different and moves.

I personally adore the devil may cry and the god of war games. I'm so PISSED i haven't played GOW 3 yet.
iamZIIIM said:
Oooh sorry, I didn't understand what you meant. Yea a new console would be nice, I've got a ps2, but I would like a ps3 (for god of war 3 *drool*)
Okay, since you still don't understand and I no longer have Doom3, when you do get it torrent/disc in game press ctrl+alt+` it was open a dos like window that allows you to modify the game, like more ammo (which you'll need), god mode(very useful for the final boss on impossible since one hit will kill you), and other random things.
Ooooh console commands! Sorry again. I know most of the Doom 3 commands, was just f*cking around with the console in left 4 dead 2.

Never actually tried doom on the hardest, played the 2nd hardest and beat it, but never bothered with "nightmare", I think its called
iamZIIIM said:
Apparently demons souls is REALLY hard, one reviewer said "its like trying to break down a cement wall with your forehead".
Demon Souls I heard was a grind-fest (not so much in that it's gameplay is hard...It's just artificially stacked against you statistically.) Not as bad as say one of the Breath of Fire games (I think it was either 4 or Dragon Quareter), where you're required to die several time and restart the game with your current stats to proceed.

I've been milking my copy of Plants vs. Zombies for the last couple weeks. Also picked up a copy of Sid Meier's Railroads! from Stardock/Impulse. Not as good as I'd hoped it to be (pathing AI for the trains is retarded; track laying is a pain in the ass: can't do complex track crossovers.) Still, I'm getting SOME entertainment out of it, I guess. Wished it had a little more depth though. Seems very much more like a casual game...

I'm tempted to try and get a copy of MissionForce: Cyberstorm running with Win7...And I've been thinking of nabbing a legit copy of X-COM: UFO Defense (Enemy Unknown in the EU.) Never got around to playing Terror from the Deep...And Apocalypse wasn't really that fun to play (balancing the game for real-time play killed it...And it didn't have the same mood as the previous games. Feels too clean, kinda like Star Trek.)
Again, I haven't played demons souls, so i'll wait till I get a ps3 then give it a go.

plants vs zombies I played to the point of an addiction. i've got around 100% on it (my tree of wisdom is around 200,000 feet)

Never Sid Meier's Railroads and not to sure if I will.

Xcom, I don't know much of, so I'm gonna wait for some trailers before I make a decision.

Oh and if you want to play a difficult game, play Sniper Ghost Warrior. Its not difficult in terms of game play, its the AI and the bugs. I s*it you not, the enemies you fight are the equivalent of f*cking gods.
Hmmm..

Bioshock 1 and Fable 1 are one of my personal favorites.
I still play them from time to time.
Which I always play, well often;
Guildwars
Counter strike
CoD MW2
Alien Swarm

Technically my pc can run anything on high atm, waiting for Crysis 2 to really put it to the max ^^.
X-COM is about as old as dirt (early/mid-90's). You need DOSbox or some other DOS emulator to run it well. They patched a Windows version a few years ago, but it had a oversight in the programming that made it runnable but unplayable on high-end systems: game speed was directly proportional to system/processor speed. Suffice to say the game was design for 486's/first-gen Pentiums...Not cool running on a 2.8GHz P4 system. There was a un-official fan-made patch to auto-clock the game speed back to playable speeds though.

Last good PS3 game I played was God of War 3. I got Soul Calibur 4 recently. They changed A LOT of gameply mechanics/char move sets (I can't use Talim as well as I used to...But I was never a really good play SC player to begin with...) Otherwise, I've played Valkyria Chronicles (much better than the anime), Armored Core 4 and 4/For Answer, WipeOut HD (w/ Fury Add-on). I've got a few other PS3 games, but those are the ones I've sunk the most time into. (Most of my other PS3 games are more casual/short duration games, like vertical/horizontal shooters.)
@Artwork:
What level are you on alien swarm. I'm promoted lv5 but cant be bothered leveling up anymore. I heard that crysis 2 has an improved engine (obviously) but is less demanding and still looks as good.

I haven't played bioshock 1, but I'm playing through the 2nd one, so I've said f*ck you to the story.

@StahnAileron:
Isn't there supposed to be some new version of Xcom coming out. I have a poster of it somewhere...

God of war 3 I'm desperate to play, but again no ps3 and I don't have enough to buy one (very expensive in Africa).

I used to be really good at soul caliber 3 and at that genera in general (I was unstoppable in Tekken) but I haven't played them in years so I've kinda lost my abilities at the game.

Valkyria Chronicles I've never gotten into, both anime or game.

Armored core 4 I also, badly want to play. I've clocked ac 2 + nexus.
I've played nearly the entire Armored Core series (I have AC2 and it's expansion, but the gameplay sucked so I didn't bother beating it. Formula Front is a whole other type of game so I never quite got into it.) I own almost all the games (I'm just missing AC4 proper: played a friend's copy to completion though. I prefer For Answer though.)

Yeah, new X-COM in the works. It's an FPS though. We'll see how that works out...

VC was very worthwhile for the story. Gameplay was fun too. The game engine and art style was quite pleasant to watch. I'm hoping the PSP VC game gets translated to English. I like VC's gameplay system.
I'll probably download X-COM. If its really good, I'll consider buying it.
X-COM's gameplay is still quite good, even by today's standards. I still love it. It's turn-based tactical strategy (the combat mission segments. The world map view and events are adjustable-speed real-time.) Good turn-based tactical games are hard to come by these days (it's either grand strategic TBS, or just straight RTS. Not many squad-based TBS games.)
I personally am a crazed fanatic of the Ace Combat series. Currently revisiting the fourth installment of the series "Shattered Skies". Still have yet to obtain all metals and a few flight records, but it's fun none the less.

Oh! And I am playing the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series, "Oblivion". Loads of fun and so much to do.
I had/played all the Ace Combat games, save for the GBA and 360 games. (GBA version didn't look that good and I don't own nor have access to a 360.)

I played the hell out of 4 and 5. 2 and 5 are my favorites overall. 3 had some things going for it (which they started kinda continued with in 4 & 5) but I didn't really like the interface and the changes they made to the non-Japanese editions. (Missions and gameplay were fine, but I hated the HUD.)

Patiently waiting on Joint Assault at the end of this month. Have it on pre-order with Newegg ^_~

I haven't gotten deep into Oblivion yet...Despite having gotten it...Twice (when it first came out and more recently when Stardock/Impulse started carrying it a couple weeks ago.) I need to find the menu mod for it, though: the console-friendly menu system is annoying as hell.
Bleh, it'd be strange for anyone on this site to say they don't like games... I dunno why but it just would lul... So yes games are good, let's see.. (5) Started with Halo, played that untill I was 7 or so, addicted to Everquest 2 and Starcraft till I was 9 or so... Then started playing failstory (maplestory) was good as a kid... but you grow outve it quick... Then played random games like, Gears of War, Halo 2, CSS ... The typical FPS games untill I was 13, now I'm playing Mabinogi... It's a great game that's typically what life would be in a mid century time with ... Well actualy it's REALLY lame to explain... You gotta play it long enough to like it ... Bleh, another uselessly pathetic post by Happix :P fear me
While anime and gaming TEND to go hand-in-hand, I'm sure there's someone other there on this site that's not really a gamer. Then again, with gaming being a bit more mainstream these days (compared to say when I myself first started back in the early 90's), it might very well be possible everyone on Konachan's a gamer of some sort (or at least the regulars that actually post on the site.)

Me, I've never been much for MMO's: I play games to relieve the stress of dealing with idiots and assholes IRL. MMO's kinda negate that aspect for me...^_^; It's not like I haven't played MMO's...I just get bored or annoyed after a month or two of playing. (Grinding sucks in most MMO's with very little reward justifying it in the end...Well, for me at least. I can't comment on others' motivation...Like some WoW players...)
StahnAileron said:

Me, I've never been much for MMO's: I play games to relieve the stress of dealing with idiots and assholes IRL. MMO's kinda negate that aspect for me...^_^; It's not like I haven't played MMO's...I just get bored or annoyed after a month or two of playing. (Grinding sucks in most MMO's with very little reward justifying it in the end...Well, for me at least. I can't comment on others' motivation...Like some WoW players...)
Lol, the economy of Mabi is like this
You got three groups,
1:Poor noobs (either harrassed by idiots or helped)
2:Moderate player (95% of people are this and normally keep well by doing the ussual Dungeon or Shadow Mission)
3:Rich Idiots IRL ( These are the no lifers that spend around 100$ or so on premium content every month and think they are better because of that)

In other words, you dont have to grind to get good stuff, just do normal stuff :P

But, bleh you'll never play Mabi :P

~Bleh, another uselessly pathetic post by an idiot.