Just bought and started playing Nekopara... Only thought running through my head: "What the fuck am I doing with my life?"
It is awesome isn't it.
That's the chocolate and vanilla VN right?
That's the one you don't play in the presence of other people right?
Artwork said:
That's the chocolate and vanilla VN right?
Yup.
Senakysam said:
That's the one you don't play in the presence of other people right?
Depends if you play the steam version or not. ;)
If anyone wants a good Visual Novel to read then I direct you guys too G-senjou no Maou, in english it would be The Devil on G-String

Get it now while you have the chance since steam has 30% discount now during launch week.
3 hours 30 minutes till Fallout 4...
Yep, thankfully one of my friends how I family share with pre-ordered it, so while he's playing I can install it myself and find a way to play it offline around steam! Can't wait.
Yay double post.

Anyways after a few days with Fallout 4 I got to say, out since one major complaint and a few minor ones, I've liking how the game evolved. Way more streamlined and solid. I mean the combat system finally feels good, and the world design is better then every to a scenery nerd like myself. I'm not too far into the game but I am worried there isn't going to be the power struggles like FONV had. It seems pretty straight forward this time around.
Kumacuda said:
F:NV was all about that power struggle and how you deal with the factions, a tone of quests were "make friends with someone so you are able to do X thing", that involved how people react to you all over the map, options available.

I see fallout 4 (i haven been able to play it tho) like a F3, with a lot of features late skyrim had, and addapted to the enviroment fallout has; also skyrim was about a warrior born to save the world, with an epic story, epic weapons, epic companions... Fallout has nothing epic, sometimes memorable, but is about people doing their thing and an important someone doing some work, looking more for the bigger picture.
so you could say, what i see it as is: fallout 3 and NV as the tools, and Skyrim as the hands/worker/etc.
There's not much taken from Skyrim, feature wise anyways. I mean the outfit system is different , and some map tweaks but thats about all I can think of that would relate to Skyrim. I guess you could also say the crafting but that was in NV.
Kumacuda said:
There's not much taken from Skyrim, feature wise anyways. I mean the outfit system is different , and some map tweaks but thats about all I can think of that would relate to Skyrim. I guess you could also say the crafting but that was in NV.
what about the gameplay lol?
Haven't bought Fallout 4 yet but the reviews this time around aren't looking promising. Not to say I'm not gonna get it, but the excitement has certainly been dampened. The graphics are ok but animation is bad, and the quests and dialogue are really getting bashed everywhere.

As much as I like Bethesda sandboxes, I'm actually glad they couldn't surpass Witcher 3 in terms of graphics and story. I think it can safely be said that Bloodborne and MGS5 are only the only serious competition Witcher 3's gonna have for GOTY.
Ever since the announcement of fallout 4 the hype have been exaggerated beyond measure. There is no way in hell it would live up to it. I haven't seen any reviews so I dunno how people take it. But after a quick look at metacritic, wow the differences between the critic and users sure is a big split.
It's mostly because people wanted Fallout 3 again, and thats not what they got, so they are butthurt about it. The only major complaint I have with FO4 is the lack of dialog, and the fact you can't seem to talk your way out of fights anymore. So outside of performance which they can fix in future patches, it's a great evolution of Fallout.

Which is another thing I think people forget about Fallout, it's always evolving. I mean the first two games were isometric turn based RPGs, then Tactics was a RTS, FO:BOS was a twin stick shooter, and the canceled FO3: Van Buren was going to be a third person shooter.

On a side note, anyone here playing or have the game Spintires?
Kumacuda said:
It's mostly because people wanted Fallout 3 again, and thats not what they got, so they are butthurt about it. The only major complaint I have with FO4 is the lack of dialog, and the fact you can't seem to talk your way out of fights anymore. So outside of performance which they can fix in future patches, it's a great evolution of Fallout.

Which is another thing I think people forget about Fallout, it's always evolving. I mean the first two games were isometric turn based RPGs, then Tactics was a RTS, FO:BOS was a twin stick shooter, and the canceled FO3: Van Buren was going to be a third person shooter.

On a side note, anyone here playing or have the game Spintires?
You actually can 'talk' your way out.
There's a chance people will stop attacking you if you lower your weapon.

And I agree. I absolutely hated F3/NV. Everything just felt so clunky and jagged. People now are complaining about animations, but really it's better than Skyrim was, so that's a +. Combat is fun. Upgrading weapons is fun. Building your own settlements is... okay. Too time consuming imo. But okay. Graphics are kinda shitty still, textures especially. It doesn't hurt during fighting. But stand still and take a look and everything looks flat. Dialogues are shit, the main story is fine. But any errand, protection or 'kill these fuckers here' quests are the same. 'Hey you're with the minutemen?' 'That's the best news I've heard in a long time'. 'My friend has been kidnapped by raiders'. 'A settlement is being threatened by raiders'.
Especially since your best bud, that minutemen nigga is a vital part in the game, they could've added some more dialogues for him.

But hey whatever. Gonna rek shit. Wait for loli mods and mess with the game.
Artwork said:
You actually can 'talk' your way out.
There's a chance people will stop attacking you if you lower your weapon.
Why did I never think to do this. I think Skyrim did something like this to some extent.

Though I don't get why people are shitting on the graphics? I mean they aren't Battlefront, but compared to the older games and hell Skyrim, they look wonderful, but I guess that's personal preference. Though I agree the "go here and kill these things" quest are a bit dull, but I think they are more for leveling than anything else. Though I've not gotten too far into the story but I feel like What happens in the vault stays in the vault. But overall I see most of the people complaining about the game, just being anti-hype people.
I'm generally anti-hype and I still play it and like it.... geh. I'm anti Battlefront though. EA being retarded as ever.
Besides Ten-shi and Art-dono, am I the only god damn person who absolutely loves Fallout 4?? I seriously don't get this discussion at all. F4 is just like F3, not much taken from F:NV and nothing like skyrim, why would they even implement anything from Skyrim in the first place? The Fallout franchise is way older than Skyrim.

I agree that there are minor glitches, like my dog getting stuck in doors and likewise, but unlike F3 it will teleport to you when you leave it and sort out the glitch by itself. But that's really the only thing wrong with the game, perhaps some more dialog, but that's that.

I love the storyline, I love the special effects and explosions, the weapons and the new modification feature, I love the god damn power armor that you walk into instead of just putting it on. I love the scenery most of all, maan is this a fucking beautiful game! I built a large cabin from scratch under a broken highway with a view over the whole city, sitting on a chair on my balcony, listening to Diamond City Radio, enjoying a peaceful moment in the game.

And who doesn't love the 50's/future mix of computers and robots and shit? Now you can even create complicated electrical application within the game, like On-delay and Off-delay switches and program it all into your in-game computer.

Edit: Oh, and the dog is so god damn cute!! <3

I have played non-stop since it came out and I haven't even started the main quest yet, there's simply so much to do, build and discover...

And the graphics... I agree that the new Need for Speed e.g. beats it by a long shot in terms of graphics, but it's not bad at all. In my case, running on Ultra High settings in 144Hz it looks real enough for me to really put my soul into it!

I loved Fallout 3, I loved Fallout New Vegas even more and Fallout 4 far exceeds my expectations!
I'm weird, in that I'll criticize the things I love more because I want them to be even better, though I don't feel 3 and 4 being similar in much ways, outside of it being a RPG in the same universe. The gunplay, story telling, VATS, SPECIAL, and so on are completely or somewhat different to 3 but Atompunk is best punk!

Though the title should have been Fallout 4: Mankind divided.
I'm enjoying it but after 20 hours i still don't feel like i've met any interesting characters. That's part of the reason i enjoy this series. The shooting feels better but i don't like the new vats. It's really annoying to watch an enemy run up and melee me while i'm waiting for my second shot to go off. I might install the mod for old vats.

And there's way too much junk. I'm not the type to stand in front of a workbench for an hour crafting, customizing, and building but i can't help but feel like i have to pick up some of that stuff just in case.
There are perks to help with caring weight, as well as shipment of goods you can buy.
I cheat the hell out of it, like I've done with the former Fallout games. Adds to my personal experience and I don't think it ruins the game, especially since it runs on the creation engine. I've played for 63 hours and most of the time I spend going on adventure or building and designing my settlements (bases). The one thing I've missed in F3 and F:NV (and Half-Life 2 for that sake) was the ability to craft and build stuff and pick out a place somewhere to live.

In F4 you can set the ownership of your belongings and your door in order to keep your home for yourself.

It's a very nice FPS but to be honest, I use the game mainly for building stuff and exploit my creativity in that sense. Just like I would in Minecraft but you do get very bored looking at a stupid sheep stuck in a tree and nobody around you, and no cool weapons or enemies to fight. Hence, Fallout 4.

I also spend much time reading files on computers and trying to solve mysteries the of abandoned buildings.

And playing with my dog… I love that dog!
vf.nightcore said:

In F4 you can set the ownership of your belongings and your door in order to keep your home for yourself.
How do you do that? I've not noticed a option for it.
Rargy get the lone wanderer perk and invest some points into armorsmith and strength. When you get rank 3 armorsmith just make all your armor deep pocketed or light weight. I have around 400 carrying capacity now. Still not enough tho. But I salvage Shit whenever I find a work bench.

Companions are Shit anyway. They mess around. Give away your position and get stuck/require help all the time. The dog is cool with the special perk but nothing a few names can't fix when you're alone against many mobs.
Kumacuda said:
How do you do that? I've not noticed a option for it.
I might have gotten a little ahead of myself there… I don't know if there's an in-built option like that but I know that Bethesda stated themselves that they want people to build personal homes in the game, so there must be some way to prevent settlers from barging into your house…

I just use the console > Select the door and type "set ownership", then people won't touch it :P
vf.nightcore said:
F4 is just like F3, not much taken from F:NV and nothing like skyrim, why would they even implement anything from Skyrim in the first place? The Fallout franchise is way older than Skyrim.
the Elders scrolls games are older than the Fallout games.

Also, bugs will always be there when the game is so big, good thing there's a comunity that has enough knowledge to patch it. I must be lucky, cause i've never run into any major glich or bug, be it console or pc.

The way combat works, how weapons look, etc; reminds me of "singularity"
Solved my problem by buying a house and unloading everything in storage. Maxed out relationship with Piper and now done with companions. Finally able to stealth (and walk through doors) again.

Also, Diamond City is boring. Good Neighbor is the place to be.
Just wondering, anyone here play Spintires?
I spun your mom's tires last night.