Shaun of the Deleted, Deletion Appeals

Deletion Appeals! Bring your post back to life!

To better deal with deleted images, I am starting a deletion appeals thread. Basically places where you can post you image being deleted and hopefully get it undeleted. However there are a few rules you must follow.

• You can only submit an image once. And it doesn't have to be your post. No bringing it up over and over again, that’ll only annoy the mods.
  • If your appeal is shot down here, it’s permanent. You image will remain deleted.
  • Please submit one or two images at a time.
  • Appeals must be within reason. If you image is not with in required size limits or does not deal with anime you may not appeal it.
  • Submit your appeal in the form listed below.
Please submit appeals in this form.

• The post ID and link. Simply type post #(ID number here)
  • The reason it was deleted.
  • The reason you think it should be undeleted.
Sure?

post #56581 ()
Del. reason: "Lower quality duplicate."
Undel. reason: Those, yes, those because there are more but with different resolutions. In which case I uploaded the images like that is quite obvious. As I've said way back that not everyone has editing tools at hand to downscale or crop the images. I'm not sure how many have noticed, but the quality of the image drops if you have a screen of 1680x1050 and you put a wallpaper of 1920x1200, as I've already explained in the parented post. It was my intention to upload them as such, and it did not get deleted back then, so why now? (rhetorical question, don't answer)
I believe the same applies for 56582 and 56583, since they are the same.
Should a rule be added to not submit appeals that have to do with the image being in a non-landscape format or large enough size?
Tensa said:
Sure?

post #56581 spoiler
That's one for site policy, not undeletions.

Senakysam said:
Should a rule be added to not submit appeals that have to do with the image being in a non-landscape format or large enough size?
Anyone trying it will have their post deleted and all existence of it denied.
Huh, then why did it take so long to delete them? Oh wait, policy always changes. Ah, whatever.
Why don't we add something that gives a minimum number of moderators (larger than 1) to check and give feedback on the image before it gets shot down again? I suggest 3 for that number. This would apply retroactively, giving Tensa's another chance too.

Also, Sci, it isn't impossible to make exceptions to policy, and bringing up things here might serve as a catalyst for a change in policy as well. Why don't we give the posts brought up here a chance to be those exceptions or catalysts? Maybe not for something as close to the core of Konachan as things like removing non-anime or square and portrait images, but things as technical as what Tensa's talking about - with logical arguments supporting it - I think are worth more than just a glance.
I think that some people should take a few minutes to actually read the rules before they upload too (and use common sense). This could also lower the rate of deleted posts. Just sayin'.
Sure, but (I think) the rules of over four years ago are not identical to the rules of today.
Well, we can all tell if something looks like complete crap (no offense to peeps who upload crap) and if something is in portrait orientation, which isn't allowed (but I'm all for allowing but whatevs).
Oi Oi, take this to the improvement thread.
I was just saying that uploading portraits to Konachan is against the rules, so what's the point in people making appeals for deleted portraits?

...Nevermind.
Yes I covered that in the rules. Also @Minabi that would be a bad idea. One mod should be able to delete an image. Yes some good images slip through the crack's hence this thread. But can you imagine that Brazilian "attack" if I had to wait for two other mods to log on and flag them? It's just not a good idea.
I meant only in this thread, to wait for 3 mods to look at an image brought up here before shooting it down a second time. Different mods have different ways of running things, and since any one of them could've deleted it by themselves when the other mods wouldn't have, if we're trying to be fair with giving a second chance to the ones proposed in this thread, I think we would let more than one mod (especially if that one mod was the original deleter) see what they think about it.
Ah, sorry. That's not a bad idea. problem is, is that will the other mods even look in here. So stuff still need to be worked out, this is still kinda of a test thread to see if it can work.
One mod is good enough. They were chosen because they know what they are doing, so I see no reason to gather more mods because one was indecisive about an image (relevant to a previous 'incident' of sorts, where idk who told me similar words).
But I appease, and I do agree that opinions are good to gather. The decision should be made by the 'image moderator' or whatever. A single post by a mod for an image is enough, in my opinion. No need to drag along an entire page for a single image.
It depends though. If it's quality I don't recommend Sci for the modding of the image~ /joke/

I also suggest to take this somewhere else, we are very off topic. Your post, Cuda, states clearly what a post here should contain. Thus I propose deleting the posts that are not related. Or just delete the future ones, to keep the thread clean.
I don't see how discussing the exact workings of this image appeals process is off topic at all...

Kuma, we already had another mod look in here =P though yes I see what you mean.
Tensa is right, though if possible a different mod should review the image instead of the one that deleted it in the first place. Also no more after this post, take it to the improvement thread instead for the time being. Below this thread it should only be appeals as they arise.
post #169604
Delete reason: Not approved within 3 days.
Undelete reason: The image has greaty quality and looks great. And it is from a anime.
Hmm... *reconstructs link to view full version*

The relationship between foreground/midground/background and the colors used I would give some bonus points to, and more for how the fire was drawn. But the characters look roughly-drawn and somewhat flat, and there's some aliasing in spots (though IMO not a problematic level by itself).
minabiStrikesAgain said:
Hmm... *reconstructs link to view full version*

The relationship between foreground/midground/background and the colors used I would give some bonus points to, and more for how the fire was drawn. But the characters look roughly-drawn and somewhat flat, and there's some aliasing in spots (though IMO not a problematic level by itself).
The artist doesnt provid a download link so i had to look for it.
The best i found was this
The version is better than the one you find in deviantart
If you can either find one or clean up the jagged lines and post it here for review would be better. You're uploaded one has jagged lines around the characters and if I can see them, then they are a issue.
post #175477
Not approved in three days.
The art level is sort of questionable, but I'm not sure if that was the reason.

I thought we were moving away from the "not approved in 3 days" reason. I think this one took a while to get deleted.
I was actually temped to delete that on sight because of the quality of the BG. Also the lower left character looks upscaled.
Not the first, or last, post that got deleted for a single component not being upto par with the rest. The bg is largely upscaled and the afore mentioned character has been altered in size using poor resampling (not sure if it is upscale).
Since this seems fun...

post #166904
Reason for Deletion:Not approved within 3 days

If it didn't get enough approval because it was a bit extreme then please ignore this.
I don't see anything graphical wrong with the image, the content on the other hand....it is a bit extreme.
There was untagged jpeg artefacts. And while the content is extreme, I think we can more blame that ugly thing on the right.
What ugly thing on the right?

*Looks for the image*
*rummages around the wallpaper folder*
*opened the image*

Oh... that ... thing...

I must admit, the sight of the 3 girls was too captivating that I didn't see... that thing...
Alright, I was going to wait until I had 3 pictures to argue for, and now I have 'em.

1. post #173367

It's a funny image. We have quite a few metal_gear posts on the site already, and it's playing off the already proven kantai_collection. I don't think it's yoai nor do I think to quality is too low (I may have fucked up on my first edit, but I can do it again right now). It's one of those good comedy pieces that give people a good laugh when they stumble upon it.

2. post #176745

I don't know who the artist is, nor do I have a source, but I think the quality is good enough and the content is acceptable. I know Wiresetc told me once that images with a lot of text tend to be frowned upon, but I don't think this was as bad as some other posts (you damn well better not delete that. It's one of my favorite images on the site). It's a good picture and it got a good response.

3. post #179587

This is hardly the first non anime/western art piece we've had uploaded. It was made by a eastern artist, and I believe it is in an eastern style. We have posts from Kick-Ass, Call of Duty, Team Fortress, and frozen_(disney) among quite a few others. I think western fan art made by accomplished eastern artists is acceptable on the site within reason. If you don't want a ghost_rider tag on konachan feel free to leave it untagged (no one will be the wiser).
TommyGunn said:
2. post #176745

I don't know who the artist is, nor do I have a source, but I think the quality is good enough and the content is acceptable. I know Wiresect told me once that images with a lot of text tend to be frowned upon, but I don't think this was as bad as some other posts (you damn well better not delete that. It's one of my favorite images on the site). It's a good picture and it got a good response.
Post #41065 and post #63505 should have been deleted. The last one could also be deleted for not having any meaning. There is no specific rule that states how many lines of text an image can have, so this could be a point of discussion. I will leave the decision to other mods for now.

On a side note, I undeleted post #173367 for you because people can just blacklist the male tag if they don't want to see it. Quality is also good enough.
Don't know about your 3rd image. I think it's pretty questionable.
Also, it is WiresETC, made from wires and etcetera. Please use it correctly.
Wiresetc said:
Also, it is WiresETC, made from wires and etcetera. Please use it correctly.
Uhh, that is the way I say it. I was just spelling it the way you did. Won't make that mistake again, sorry. It isn't possible to change your name when you're a mod?