Well, just thought about the spread legs and wasn't really thinking more about it.
Yeah, totally. Like I said, if her leg wasn't under her like that then it would make sense visually.
Post #272977

It's a different uncensore a more nature uncensore which I like more.
I want it back please. And yeah we have a few of the same images with a different unscensore. And that's totally good this way. And it was already approved the time when I uploaded it a year ago. Don't get it why it was deleted NOW?

Not really nice to go through over a year old image who already got approve and delete it. I don't think the first mod who approve this version should be ignored?
The post #272977 was deleted because Emmy thought post #241996 was of higher quality. I agree, that the decensor is different, some members may prefer it. I undeleted it, but I don't know if that difference is enough to pass muster, but Emmy will surely make a decision.
I wonder why the other uncensored version has a different size than the original image. So you can say that post #272977 is closer to the original.

Thanks for undeleting but all votes are gone though. T-T
@Yume, post #272977 is PNG with jpeg_artifacts.

BattlequeenYume said:
I wonder why the other uncensored version has a different size than the original image.
Edit:
post #272977 is PNG with jpeg_artifacts.
It's not, for some reason I downloaded the JPEG version.
Where are the artifacts? I can't see them :O
So I have to clean it anyway? Ugh T-T
Ops, my mistake, sorry xd, I downloaded the JPEG version.
Phew, I thought I'm blind or something xD
Ryu! :p
what a mess I made, but post #241996 it's upscaled, I had asked someone to do a test, to see if it was possible to make post #272977 go to the homepage, but the vote will be transferred, I think it would be in vain yet, I think that even with an administrator account should not be possible, use "hold" and then "unhold", it's more a curiosity.

If I remember correctly, I already made a similar confusion before.

but the vote will be transferred
or not xD, for being "uncensored" I thought it would be.
Post #294232

Ther artifacts weren't the problem here. Why are they mentioned in the deleting-reason as well?
It was one of the problems. This contains upscaled artifacts or poorly filtered artifacts. They are especially noticeable on the face and hair.

Anyway, this looks like just another poor edit to me. All of this user's uploads do, full of upscaled elements, poor extractions, varying degrees of quality (or lack of it) from one area of the image to another, etc.. This character alone was probably pieced together from at least 6 different images...
It really intrigues me what that artist does when he draws, but I think he does it intentionally to have a weird style
The artefacting on the hair/tail is exceptionally high, even more so given that it's not red or high contrast. I don't know what they were trying to achieve, but it's gone from pixiv too.

Looking at their other "work" on pixiv it screams to me of the unattibuted ! edits we used to see out of places like Animepaper. I would not be shocked to find out this was a piece of software splicing together images and shapes.
Can someone please undelete one those images? I delete it by mistake, is the same in all cases so choose the one you think looks better post #296048 post #296049 post #296050

edit: thanks!
I've been searching the wiki and the help sections for this, but is there any way to search and/or view deleted posts? a meta tag like "deleted:true" or "deleted:only" or some feature.
Fepple said:
I've been searching the wiki and the help sections for this, but is there any way to search and/or view deleted posts? a meta tag like "deleted:true" or "deleted:only" or some feature.
I'm not sure about the search page but there is http://konachan.com/post/deleted_index
There's no meta tag that will be of use for regular members. You may notice that deleted:true returns 2594 pages of results. But as a regular member, all the pages will be blank and the DOM posts object will also be empty.

As traz pointed out, you can use the Deleted Posts page, though it doesn't offer much flexibility. You can't filter by tags or sort the list. Results are always ordered by deletion date. You can however filter by uploader. And with this script you can see thumbnails the same way they appear on the history pages.

If you need to be able to search by tags, you can use the API. To do so, just take any search result and change "/post" in the url to "/post.json" or "/post.xml". (ex. The deleted:true headphones search in json and xml). Keep in mind that that will still give you only a single page of results and there won't be next or previous page links there.

Though once you get to a page for a deleted post, you still won't see the image. Though you could follow the source link if available. And the md5 (provided after the deletion reason) can be used to find the image. And if you're using the script mentioned above, you can do an image search with the thumbnail on SauceNAO or Google Images. ..
Post #302074

Why don't we need both posts? The colors are different. We have a few images who are only different in colors and that was never a problem.
BattlequeenYume said:
Post #302074

Why don't we need both posts? The colors are different. We have a few images who are only different in colors and that was never a problem.
They had different heads and legs too. I picked the one I thought looked nicer.
Post #224278

This post was deleted. Reason: not approved for 3+ days.

Very likely that this post just went unnoticed.
I don't see any problems with it.
Moderators cannot see the delete date, however there is a history page of deletions and searching for this post, it was deleted way back on page 524 - a long, long time ago! Reviewing the post, the line work is heavily aliased.
Although I think the image looks pretty cool I agree that the line work may not meet the standards.

I wonder if there is a way to change the delete reason to be more descriptive.
If there is not I would leave it as a suggestion for the developer.
kyxor said:
I wonder if there is a way to change the delete reason to be more descriptive.
If there is not I would leave it as a suggestion for the developer.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

We do not owe anyone a specific reason or explanation for deletion.

Sometimes things just don't look right or "good enough" and they end up deleted. Simple as that.
I would like a little more fairness. For the time being I will delete my pictures myself if members express themselves and do not agree with the quality or other details. Even if I sometimes have to take a closer look at what should be wrong with my upload.

Have a nice evening. Stay healthy.
...Uh... But the whole point of having mods is so we can moderate images. I shouldn't have to consult someone if something needs to be deleted. It defeats the purpose of the membership level existing at all. Because I (or another mod) could point out why something should be deleted all day long but if it were up to the uploader it might not get deleted at all.

I'm not purposefully targeting you, if that's what you think.
otaku_emmy said:
I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

We do not owe anyone a specific reason or explanation for deletion.

Sometimes things just don't look right or "good enough" and they end up deleted. Simple as that.
Oh so the way I said this perhaps was not exactly what I've meant.

I meant change the delete reason from being "Reason: not approved for 3+ days." to something more descriptive like "Reason: bad linework" so that the next person who finds the post has a better idea why.

Because if you try to upload the image that is visually similar, konachan will say this post already exists and will not let you upload, however when you check the existent post it may be actually deleted.

But oh well if not possible due to API limitation, it's fine.

I understand that you guys are not required to give explanations, this was more of a suggestion to add the ability to update the old explanations / reasons for deletions. Just because of this being useful feature.
But what if it's something you can't really express with words? Like, if something looks weird I can't necessarily just delete it on sight giving "it looks weird" as a proper reason. In that case, I let it go four days.

Sometimes things just don't look right or good. Sometimes I personally don't know how to express what makes it bad. A lot of the cases have to do with that simple fact. I don't know how to word it well enough to where it sounds valid.
... We use "Not approved for 3 days" to make it clear that the post was given a chance, but no mod doing approvals saw fit to approve it.

If a post has only one fault leading to a deletion, it will normally stand out. You will probably see someone comment about it. And depending on how bad it is, the post may even be deleted instantly.

However, most posts that are deleted after 3 days have multiple minor faults. Nothing so severe that a mod would delete it on sight. But enough to prevent any mod from approving it.

When such a post is brought up for discussion in this forum, a mod may see fit to analyze it objectively and explain one or more of the reasons that prevented their approval. But doing it for every single one is a bit much.

gnarf1975 said:
I would like a little more fairness.
Fairness? If you think you're being singled out, I really doubt that's the case.

I checked your last 3 deleted posts. I would expect all 3 to be deleted.

Post #303294: Just as the deletion reason says, the artifacting is excessive. Please see the Image Quality Evaluation page. Compare your upload to our "Example of medium artifacts (This will be deleted)". Yours is worse...

Post #303376: I have no idea what yande.re's policy is, but why would that have anything to do with us? This is definitely screencap quality. The source doesn't matter in this case. The only time we let the source affect our decision is for original vs. edit. In general, we prefer the original. But, if there's a good enough reason for the edit, we'll keep it.

Post #303457: The deletion reason is not quite right. Those aren't JPEG artifacts. You applied some filter or something but that messed up many areas, especially on the character. Honestly, it looks like you downscaled the image and then used waifu2x...

The blurred or out of focus background in the original does seem a bit much. And parts of the image are better in your edit. But overall, you just lowered the quality...
So this was my few days here and I love this site.
I uploaded some images, some got approved some deleted. Overall I got pretty good feedback.

I am very sorry if I uploaded bad images, but I am learning!
I gotta watch out for those Jpeg artifacts, they can be hard to spot sometimes.
I think overtime I will build a good intuition. But right now I have to keep going back to fag and samples to make sure things look right.

I wanna say thank you to moderators and people who keep things running here, you guys are awesome :)
Also thank you to whoever edited the tags and corrected image sources.