Stop 9/11? Or help make it so that the Pentagon actually gets destroyed. Muahahahaha!
Tensa said:
Stop 9/11? Or help make it so that the Pentagon actually gets destroyed. Muahahahaha!
Interesting paradox, to stop 9/11 you would have to take out the Pentagon back around 1980, so either way - the Pentagon would be destroyed. But you could save the people in the world trade center ;)
I get wanting to save people, but it still seems like a bad idea.
khouji said:
If you will be given a chance to return back in time, what do you want to change in your life?
Nothing at all.
Saving all the people I couldn't save? Changing the past so I don't get caught in an explosion? Not gonna happen, I'm not a superhuman after all.
You're just dying for someone to ask for your story, aren't you?
Didn't she already tell us what happened?
Cade said:
You're just dying for someone to ask for your story, aren't you?
Not really, my story is like yours, it's boring.
Edit: Pretty sure, I already said you the same line like 6/7 months ago.
They make handmade anime figures out of clay on this channel and it's amazing and adorable.
Kiho said:
... so now we have chipped cards and merchants, card readers that can read the chip (although many still only use the magnetic strip because their bank has not integrated the software to read the chip).....but in the US, I have never been even given the opportunity to enter a PIN when paying by a US bank issued credit card. It is appalling, really. It is the banks that simply feel that it is too expensive to upgrade their hardware and software to fully implement the chip and pin system vs the cost of dealing with the current level of credit card fraud.
??? Since long before the chip system, there have been two ways to process bank issued cards. They are inappropriately referred to as "credit" and "debit". When processing as "credit", you don't enter a PIN. Instead, merchants may require a signature but many don't bother anymore. When processing as "debit", a PIN is always required.

From a merchant's perspective though, we've always preferred to process cards as "debit". The fees were lower that way.

I've never had a card that wasn't issued by a bank (I never liked the idea of accumulating debt). But I've heard (10-20 years ago though) that most such cards can only be processed as "credit" (they don't have a PIN).

From what I've seen, the chip system requires a PIN. At least, when using the chip I've never been given a choice and have always had to enter a PIN.

Our bank issues cards with both a chip and a magnetic stripe. All the merchants in the area have readers that can read both, but it seems the the banks' systems or the readers themselves have issues. A number of times at various locations we have been told to just swipe the card because the chip reader isn't working...
Long long ago before time began, there were only credit cards - MasterCard, Visa, American Express and..... Diners Club and a plethora of dedicated store cards (Macy's Sears, .....) Card readers consisted of mechanical machines that when swiped took an impression of the raised print from the card onto a multi-part carbon paper receipt, which you would sign and then get one of the carbon copies.

Then the bankomat was introduced along with bank cards with that magnetic strip. I had my first bankomat card in 1976. (I looked it up - IBM developed these cards and the commercial release was in 1971 as ID cards, Insurance cards, bank cards).

Bankomats were originally only available at bank branches, which provided you with 24 hour banking services. At some point, remote bankomats started showing up in supermarkets and malls in particular.

In 1979, VISA introduced the first point of sale credit card terminal. Verifone soon entered the competition and in 1983 introduced the ZON, which became the defacto standard for modem connected, dedicated payment terminals.

The use of credit cards in bankomats began in 1982, but the system was not widespread or interlinked between banks (you could only use a card issued by your bank in your banks terminals) until about 2002 when EFTPOS (Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale system became well established) (Damn). It was shortly after that that banks started dropping dedicated bankcards and issuing VISA debit and Master Debit cards which could be used in any banks terminals (Although you could pay a significant fee for the privilege). Btw, all Visa and Mastercards are issued through banks, not directly by Visa or Mastercard. American Express issues their card directly, not through independent banks. That is why you do not see AmericanExpress bank debit cards.

Many stores stopped accepting bank debit cards because they were not supported by EFTPOS - conveniently. Since these Debit cards were issued by VISA or MasterCard, they could be used as credit or debit at points of sale. When used as a debit card, the issuing bank would charge a small fixed fee, when used as a Credit card VISA/Matercard collected a percentage. Either way, the consumer's bank account was prompted debited. Well, you can see that the credit card companies that controlled the EFTPOS system had an incentive to force merchants to do the transaction as a credit card. There was a class action lawsuit that eventually prevented the credit card companies from forcing a credit transaction.

Then the chip was introduced....belatedly into the American credit card system. Surprisingly, many terminals could only handle credit card transactions and not debit transactions....because the software to handle the pin code was not ready.....conveniently.

And yes, on my last trip to California, I still came across stores that had tape over the chip reader and was told to swipe my card - but I could make a debit transaction with a pin. So is that why the chip reader is "not working" at so many stores? Pathetic that Chip and PIN was introduced in 2004. Also, some stores like Costco don't even require a signature on purchases below $50 (for Costco). Just swipe and carry. In the US convenience comes first.....except at airports where TSA....
Brah, why you always write these long ass posts as if anyone actually ever engages you in intelligent conversation? Stop wasting your time.
Let the man be smart. Better an intelligent wall of text than a mind-numbingly dimwitted squirt of word sharts produced by someone with the brains of a sack of taters.
Whatever did happen to mattiasc?
I think he got run off.

...Ran off?

I don't know.
Cade said:
Brah, why you always write these long ass posts as if anyone actually ever engages you in intelligent conversation? Stop wasting your time.
I post these just to get a response out of you, Cade. :)

mattiasc02 is still around, I noticed that he favorited an image, just the other day.
otaku_emmy said:
Let the man be smart. Better an intelligent wall of text than a mind-numbingly dimwitted squirt of word sharts produced by someone with the brains of a sack of taters.
Sorry, man. I'm guilty of that!
kokiriloz said:
Sorry, man. I'm guilty of that!
Trust me, nothing I've ever read by you has compared to shit I've seen other places. XD

One thing that really gets under my skin is when people ask really stupid questions or questions that could be answered if they just looked it up themselves.

some examples
More examples
Those are excellent examples.

Or when someone asks a question on a YouTube video that was answered IN the video or in the description box of the video.

Or when they misunderstand something and so make false assumptions about an entire country.
... I just noticed you were specifically referring to stupid questions, not stupid posts in general...

*Edit: Posts that ask questions that shouldn't need to be asked can be annoying, but I'm bothered far more by posts that display true idiocy.
I meant both, but I tend to have more first hand experience with questions. So that's why my examples were like that.

Like the making assumptions thing. I've been watching a lot of documentaries about Japan recently, and one of them was about money and how it's given as a gift on special occasions. Several people took this to mean Japanese people don't give other kinds of gifts at all. So I got kind of annoyed at that lack of common sense.

Or the whole "the age of consent in Japan is only 13 lol" shit. I always have to correct people on that because they assume that means you can fuck 13 year old kids over there, which you CAN NOT.

Edit

Edit 2
I'm fairly forgiving of ignorance and misconceptions. No one starts out by knowing everything...

I recall when I was young, I was afraid of sharing my knowledge. I often wanted to join in a conversation and answer a question or make a comment. But I didn't have enough faith in my knowledge. Most of what I knew I heard from others or picked up on the internet. So how could I know what was correct and what wasn't...

It's only natural that misconceptions will spread, especially among children. Though I don't like to see it happen...

But knowledge aside, when someone says something that implies a simple logic failure, that bothers me. The example I gave about the screencaps for instance. No matter how much knowledge they might lack, I would expect someone posting on imgur to at least know that phones use rechargeable batteries (or consider the possibility that they might).

*Edit
otaku_emmy said:
Or the whole "the age of consent in Japan is only 13 lol" shit. I always have to correct people on that because they assume that means you can fuck 13 year old kids over there, which you CAN NOT.
If I recall correctly, when I was a kid the lowest age of consent in the US was 14. Or at least that was the lowest one I could find. I don't know if it's changed.

*Edit 2
I was probably 12-15 when I was reading up on laws related to age of consent and statutory rape (which does NOT imply rape *for those that didn't know*)...
Statutory rape bugs me. Because people can have their lives ruined by being in a perfectly normal, loving relationship simply due to a small age difference.

Another thing that I think sucks is when people get put on sex offender registries for simple things like public urination. Like, a dude can be peein' on a dumpster behind a store and if he gets caught he's suddenly a marked pervert for life. That's not fair.
https://vk.com/wall1277346_3138
The translation:
If anyone of you watching The Anime Man over in Youtube recently uploaded this video and created a poll to to see what the international audience think is the top 100 anime of all time.

This is because in NHK in Japan made a top 100 anime poll and many were interested what the international audience thinks. So the plan is to make this the most "official" top 100 anime poll there is.

Link to the poll: https://goo.gl/forms/ofd80PVBQdIZRDG63
"We want this list to be legitimate as possible, so if you can... tone down on the Boku no Pico and Cory In The House jokes."

They know the internet all too well.
I'm now finally back from my holiday in Jordan. Wish I could stay longer but alas I had to come back.
FoliFF, you could move to Jordan to be closer to family, my understanding is that Jordan is not such a bad place to find yourself.
What's Jordan like?
Kiho said:
FoliFF, you could move to Jordan to be closer to family, my understanding is that Jordan is not such a bad place to find yourself.
Jordan in itself is nice especially with the people around you but despite most of my extended family lives there I don't see myself living there considering the living cost and pay they have. Unless I manage to land on a American company that is. Either way I prefer where I live now and I have no plans to move to another country. It's just Swedish government are retarded when it comes to reunion with your family, like bringing your fiancé over from another country.

otaku_emmy said:
What's Jordan like?
Like a said lots of nice people and they really like foreigners, lots of Mosque everywhere. Lots of cool places to go like the Roman ruins, The Dead Sea and Red Sea, the red deserts of Wadi Rum and so forth. Sadly I didn't manage to go to many places since I opted to spend most of my time with my fiancé.

Just don't come during summer because here it's freaking hot... You just don't have the energy to be outside till the sun sets.