Halloween is always underwhelming despite how much I get excited for the season every year.
It's the hill we have to crest to get to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

If you're a homebody with no friends to speak of, Halloween isn't actually very fun. Unless you like being home alone and watching shitty scary movies with lots of commercials on TV.
otaku_emmy said:
If you're a homebody with no friends to speak of, Halloween isn't actually very fun. Unless you like being home alone and watching shitty scary movies with lots of commercials on TV.
exactly how i like spending halloween!
It's been about 15 years since I stopped watching TV. There was rarely anything worth watching. And when there was, it was ruined by commercials.

*Edit: And most (probably all) movies had parts cut to fit the time slot, as if they couldn't manage to make it fit neatly just by using commercials...
I hate how we still censor cussing on TV.
When you see your ex choking.
I saw a thing that was like that but it was a drowning. The hand reaches out for the ex who is drowning and in the next panel gives a thumbs up.
It is a classic wrestling move - a throw across the chest. It is a high amplitude over the head throw...when done right, it is awesome...and a bit frightening....and worth 5 points, the highest given for a takedown. In the film Dangal, Geeta wins the gold with that very same thrown in the last second of the final match. It is even more satisfying because she wins against a real arrogant cunt.....equivalent to an ex, I suppose ;)
Is it the German Suplex? That's a popular anime meme too I've noticed.
Maybe, but it is a classic freestyle wrestling throw, it is also used in Judo and Sambo....and you go down HARD.
Kiho said:
...and you go down HARD.
I can confirm that last part, looong time ago when I still practiced Aikido, I was in a multiple arts exhibition tournament, in one of the matches I went up against a Judoka and in the 1st round I was stupid enough to attack him.... hurt like hell....next 2 rounds were a test of patience to see who attacked first xD
Hey Charlie Manson died.
Who's that?
Tensa said:
Who's that?
A serial killer and cult leader. Look him up on Wikipedia or sth for more details
otaku_emmy said:
Hey Charlie Manson died.
Was just talking about that over on discord. My grandfather was pretty happy to hear it. He was the parole officer in charge of his family. Had a particular dislike towards him.
mattiasc02 said:
A serial killer and cult leader. Look him up on Wikipedia or sth for more details
*Never actually killed anyone

TommyGunn said:
He was the parole officer in charge of his family.
Oh, that's pretty cool. Not positive cool, but still really interesting.
otaku_emmy said:
*Never actually killed anyone
Really? And here I thought all that "he never actually killed anyone" talk was an old joke by the Reddit meme-lords.

Mod Edit: Are there any girls in this forum?

I've been doing a lot of race and sex studies, pertaining to racism and sexism, specifically, and I was wondering if I could interview some of you with your permission, or course.
TommyGunn said:
Was just talking about that over on discord. My grandfather was pretty happy to hear it. He was the parole officer in charge of his family. Had a particular dislike towards him.
Talk about a small world....

otaku_emmy said:
*Never actually killed anyone
According to wikipedia, in addition the the Tate murders, he was also convicted of killing two other people in separate trials. The article was not clear, but possibly by Mason's own hand. He has boasted of killing over 30 people. Well, we may never know for sure.
RIP Charlie. Now you're finally free to go plant those fig trees.
Kiho said:
According to wikipedia, in addition the the Tate murders, he was also convicted of killing two other people in separate trials. The article was not clear, but possibly by Mason's own hand. He has boasted of killing over 30 people. Well, we may never know for sure.
He was responsible for all the killing, but he never actually took part in it. He ordered his fam to do it. I believe I read that, for one of the killings, he wasn't even present.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201403/if-not-serial-killer-then-what-is-charles-manson

Huh. The family was treated as an "extension of himself" in the cases. So while they had done the killings, it was seen as him being the one who had ultimately committed them. He was the head and they were the limbs, so to speak.

Shit this article is interesting.

Cade said:
RIP Charlie. Now you're finally free to go plant those fig trees.
My dad would always say that he shouldn't even be in prison.

I wonder what they'll do with his remains.
Jack I hit the dmail limit and I gotta go do something so I'm sorry.