Happy holidays
I want Jews to leave.
Cade said:
I want Jews to leave.
But their mothership doesn't come back to earth for another hundred yeeeeaaaars.
Merry christmas, you weebs. I will be spending the day with my family while wearing the same clothes as i wore for work yesterday, and with 4 hours sleep.
Merry Christmas to all and may there be many more.
NOW I can say Merry Christmas.

So Merry Christmas, you beautiful lot of human beings.
So it's way too cold outside.
I agree. Just woke up to frozen pipes. Apparently I screwed up and didn't realize the heater under my house was broken and wasn't kicking on. It was 19 degrees under the house Woo.
Happy New Year, Konafolks.

I know it’s a couple-days late, but I’ve got a decent New Year’s resolution I’d like to share with you all. I thought I’d share it here since I don’t really have any friends, and so there’d be a public record of me saying this....

For a while now, I’ve been very inconsiderate of the person closest to me, and I’ve been taking her feelings for granted because she was accepting of everything I say and do. Because of this, I became too comfortable living in a “consequence-free” (there were consequences, obviously, just nothing extreme) relationship and crossed into territory that hurt her feelings and disposition towards me, unrepairably so: I basically shouted to her face, “I don’t need you” in a heated family dispute. That was the worst thing I think I could have said to her... and what was worse was that I truly meant it at the time; it wasn’t simple emotional backlash. I didn’t apologize until much later because it didn’t occur to me that my needs aren’t what come first; it is her’s. This happened several months ago, and the New Year was an ultimatum day, so to speak.

In all the time I had to reflect on what happened, I honestly couldn’t think of anything that would heal what I’ve done, and so, my resolution is that I will break up with her. There was only one way I could have hurt her, and in the dire moment where my true colors had surfaced, I did just that, instead of putting her first. She refuses to punish me, but I can see how much harm I’ve dealt, and I can’t live like that! I have decided to punish myself because what I’ve done was unacceptable on every level possible.

We’ve talked this through, and she understands why I’m doing this. So, don’t get me wrong, I’m not further supporting the terrible thing I said to her last year.... I just need her to be happy, and her happiness is derived from my own, and I cannot be happy seeing her in such a state.

I’m going to leave for a long while. I don’t know how long it’ll be, so I want you all to know that I’ll miss you and this place. I got to know some really nice people and learn a lot of new things because of my involvement in this quiet community.

Thank you.
It's been between -10°F and -20°F here lately. It's just starting to warm up a bit.
It got to be around 10 degrees here last night. Our central heating ran constantly but it wasn't actually heating the trailer anymore. So it was on but it was actually getting COLDER inside.

Damned arctic blasts.

I couldn't stand living HERE if it were -20 out. It just wouldn't work. I'd need a proper house.
noRain_noRainbow said:
Happy New Year, Konafolks.
But you just came back D:
noRain_noRainbow said:
I’m going to leave for a long while. I don’t know how long it’ll be, so I want you all to know that I’ll miss you and this place. I got to know some really nice people and learn a lot of new things because of my involvement in this quiet community.

Thank you.
May fair days grace you. May you find what you need. Stay safe.
noRain_noRainbow:
Good luck, keep in touch with your friends, even if only occasional, so as not to burn bridges.

otaku_emmy:
Damned arctic blasts.
Please send that arctic air to Moscow, our weather has been unseasonably warm, we have been hovering +/- 0C for a month now, snow-rain-slush-snow-rain. This kind of weather sucks and I am getting tired of constantly having to polish my shoes.
Kiho said:
I am getting tired of constantly having to polish my shoes.
That's the fanciest problem I've ever heard.

I've heard of people putting plastic bags over their shoes to protect them in bad weather, but that seems unsafe.
What do you do for work again Kiho?
TommyGunn said:
What do you do for work again Kiho?
Working in Moscow. Not answering the question of what they do for work. Is a nerd. You in sigint kiho?
Hey, does anyone know if you can listen to music on a tablet if you've got the cover closed but headphones plugged in? Like, does the media stop playing or does it keep going?
otaku_emmy said:
Hey, does anyone know if you can listen to music on a tablet if you've got the cover closed but headphones plugged in? Like, does the media stop playing or does it keep going?
It should. If it's Windows OS (not limited to tablet) you might have to change some power setting to make it not shut down on lid close.
Hmm hmm. I'll test it out tomorrow.

I'm going to start exercising and I figured listening to music would help things not drag on.

Thanks for the info.
It's actually one of the recommended things to do while working out, at least in the beginning. Buy the types of headphones that go over your ears, it helps.
Yeah, I don't do ear buds. They don't stick in my ears right.
It snowed a bunch again today.

We musta got around six or seven inches. Which is enough to put NC in a declared state of emergency. :p
otaku_emmy said:
It snowed a bunch again today.

We musta got around six or seven inches. Which is enough to put NC in a declared state of emergency. :p
We received about 6cm of snow and the forecast is that it will keep coming on and off for the next several days. Unfortunately the snow does not remain white in a city for long, so these regular small snows are welcome.

traz64 said:
Working in Moscow. Not answering the question of what they do for work. Is a nerd. You in sigint kiho?
I work as a consultant - I design pcbs [printed circuit boards] - that and Judo.....well I will be taking a month long holiday from the latter starting Monday when I undergo knee surgery for a cracked meniscus....occupational hazard.
So there was a special "blue blood moon" today, but my dumb ass missed it because I didn't realize it was going to be in the early morning.

There went my chance of ever seeing it.
The moon is just as beautiful any other night.
I guess. But it was a once in a lifetime thing.

Oh well. I'm not that crushed by it.
otaku_emmy said:
I guess. But it was a once in a lifetime thing.

Oh well. I'm not that crushed by it.
Plenty of good videos online of the event, for me the sky was overcast and my location was not good anyway......I understand that the east coast of the US was also not a fantastic location. you would have seen just a partial eclipse which is hardly noticeable. It was best viewed from the North American west coast, pacific and east asia areas.
Drifting is not only a Japanese sport. I love watching drifting, the level of driving skill...... and it just looks so graceful. One of the best drifting exhibitions
Anime fashion go mainstream yet again, first Thighhighs / Zettai_Ryouiki and baggy socks and now micro underwear.