Well today i officially reached 100 deleted posts lol.

Edit: how exactly do I spot jpeg artifacts in an img? I know something about them being low sized than normal imgs but what else?
Ugly pixels distorting the image. Generally present due to jpeg compression, it's basically a jpeg format fault and "feature" of an internet age long past.

Some are pretty hard to notice with your eyes, but quite noticeable with an image editor. I can't access my Windows 10 HDD to use Photoshop, so I'll make due with GIMP.

post #280126 seems innocent enough at first glance.

However, through closer observation of edges (they are easier to notice there, or where two colours heavily contrast each other) you can observe these glaring pixels. You can clearly see how distorted the pixels are thanks to compression.

This is just an example. If it can be spotted with a naked eye, it might get deleted or not approved. Artifacts that are rather hard to spot with the naked eye generally get approved (if no other issue is present).

What sources do you use to search for images? (and upload them here)
Here's something I just watched a few weeks ago that actually helped me understand it after over 5 years on this site.
ssagwp said:
Well today i officially reached 100 deleted posts lol.
Although nobody cares, I'm back, after a few discouraged days with some things, to the subject, after I arrived at 1000 I don't care as before, before I did not want to reach 1000 for nothing but it was inevitable, with artist revisions and with a lot of my mistakes I arrived at 1000, you can still have good ratio if you are careful.
Tensa said:
What sources do you use to search for images? (and upload them here)
I used to use minitokyo a lot before i started using pixiv after they introduced the "discovery" tab because i can't buy premium on pixiv (its a very long story wont get into it) to search for good and valid illustrations to upload. I usually make do with the illustrations given to me there and when i find an illustration in the "discovery" tab i first check if it has been uploaded or not. If not then i go around to see if the illustration is "good" enough to upload or not. Because i am still not really good at spotting "good" illustrations my uploads tend to get deleted. Most of the illustrations i find have already been uploaded by users who are more active at pixiv then me and/or have premium to find good illustrations.

RyuZU said:
Although nobody cares, I'm back, after a few discouraged days with some things, to the subject, after I arrived at 1000 I don't care as before, before I did not want to reach 1000 for nothing but it was inevitable, with artist revisions and with a lot of my mistakes I arrived at 1000, you can still have good ratio if you are careful.
You have like 20k+ uploads and i have what just around 250 out if which 100 of them have been deleted. You have an awesome eye for good illustrations whereas mine are just par or mostly sub par uploads.
ssagwp said:
I used to use minitokyo a lot before i started using pixiv after they introduced the "discovery" tab because i can't buy premium on pixiv (its a very long story wont get into it) to search for good and valid illustrations to upload. I usually make do with the illustrations given to me there and when i find an illustration in the "discovery" tab i first check if it has been uploaded or not. If not then i go around to see if the illustration is "good" enough to upload or not. Because i am still not really good at spotting "good" illustrations my uploads tend to get deleted. Most of the illustrations i find have already been uploaded by users who are more active at pixiv then me and/or have premium to find good illustrations.

You have like 20k+ uploads and i have what just around 250 out if which 100 of them have been deleted. You have an awesome eye for good illustrations whereas mine are just par or mostly sub par uploads.
If it is to find good images posted in a short time, premium is not so necessary, I think the secret is to follow many artists, I follow about 16k artist, I use pixiv since 2015, but in this case I would recommend you to follow the artists who have pictures approved frequently here on the site and look frequently, or use other imageboard to take pictures, analyze which images are approved and which are deleted here, I think that should improve, my eye is normal, I think it is just experience by stirring constantly with images.
Never use Minitokyo as a source. While Konachan WAS initially created because some people disliked Minitokyo's team, it has long since been deprecated due to the poor quality wallpaper being uploaded (and those GOD AWFUL WATERMARKS left by the morons who edit images into wallpapers).
And yes, it's hard to upload something when others are active through Pixiv/Danbooru. If you have the time, you can lurk Pixiv and Danbooru to snatch the uploadable image and do it. Otherwise you'll have to get crafty and check out every image that you might think it's not here. Popular titles are targeted more so than others because of the high amount of fan art that they bring.
Also keep in mind that not everything that gets approved or gets automatic approval is necessarily standout or exceptional quality or even liked by other users.

So don't worry about what you upload too much. Just don't be an idiot dick about it like some people.
Ssagwp, just keep it up to get better.

When I started to upload things on Konachan I really didn't know anything about uploading, aliasing, artifacts and all the stuff. But I wanted to learn and get better. At first, many of my uploads got deleted. BUT everytime it happens to me, I get better. I just questening myself: *what was wrong with it?" (if I don't know the reason, I just ask the mods for help) Also a second look could help too.

And as Emmy said: if an upload don't get accepted immediately there are still other mods, who may like the upload and will approve it. Many different people = many different opinions.
Tensa said:
Never use Minitokyo as a source. While Konachan WAS initially created because some people disliked Minitokyo's team, it has long since been deprecated due to the poor quality wallpaper being uploaded (and those GOD AWFUL WATERMARKS left by the morons who edit images into wallpapers).
And yes, it's hard to upload something when others are active through Pixiv/Danbooru. If you have the time, you can lurk Pixiv and Danbooru to snatch the uploadable image and do it. Otherwise you'll have to get crafty and check out every image that you might think it's not here. Popular titles are targeted more so than others because of the high amount of fan art that they bring.
All i do is lurk on pixiv and find an illustration to upload. I almost never use the "new work" option or tab given to me both the artists i follow (which i should do more but never get around to do so and plus i dont really follow that many artists to begin with) and the everyone tab.

otaku_emmy said:
Also keep in mind that not everything that gets approved or gets automatic approval is necessarily standout or exceptional quality or even liked by other users.

So don't worry about what you upload too much. Just don't be an idiot dick about it like some people.
I think i have never uploaded the "stuff" that some users upload and i never will. I like this site a lot and only want to make it better with the stuff i upload.

BattlequeenYume said:
Ssagwp, just keep it up to get better.

When I started to upload things on Konachan I really didn't know anything about uploading, aliasing, artifacts and all the stuff. But I wanted to learn and get better. At first, many of my uploads got deleted. BUT everytime it happens to me, I get better. I just questening myself: *what was wrong with it?" (if I don't know the reason, I just ask the mods for help) Also a second look could help too.

And as Emmy said: if an upload don't get accepted immediately there are still other mods, who may like the upload and will approve it. Many different people = many different opinions.
I know that there is more then one mod on konachan and i know that everyone of those mods has his/her own opinion.
That's all what you have to say about my post?
Okay...
Though an opinion of an exnoob could help.
No i was in a hurry so just wrote that. Did i hurt your feelings <3 :P.

When i started uploading stuff on this site i also didnt know about the things you have mentioned and i still dont know half or more then half of the stuff but i am learning and will keep on learning and hopefully one day i will be a contributor or even better a mod and a contributor here.

What opinion could you give me? All the others have given me a lot of opinions and i have taken them and looked at how i can become better at uploading here.
Yeah, you did </3

As I said: just keep going. Sure, you should check your uploads before uploading but it's all about doing, failing, doing and failing again, that's how we learn. I've tried to look for examples about artifacts and aliasing. It's really a matter of time. Artifacts are like litte pixel squares which are over the lines. Maybe thats helpful? Just google about artifacts and pictures with examples that's what I did too.

And: if you see an approved upload here you can go to the source page of it, if it's on pixiv, follow the artist. You will see that the list of yours will grow in no time.
I am sorry for hurting your feelings. I hope you can forgive me. If you want to know about why i was in a hurry just go the "How was your day?" forum thread.

And i will do what you said about the pixiv artists advice.
Everything is allright. Don't worry. :)
Is it just a problem on my end or have other users also had a thread highlighted like when it has a new reply to it and when you go to the thread and there is no actual new reply to it.

BattlequeenYume said:
Everything is allright. Don't worry. :)
Good to know.
ssagwp said:
Is it just a problem on my end or have other users also had a thread highlighted like when it has a new reply to it and when you go to the thread and there is no actual new reply to it.
It happens sometimes when a mod deletes a reply. I did that a few minutes ago in the "How Was Your Day?" thread.
I see, so its you at work and now i noticed which reply you deleted.
Yeah. We get a few rascals from time to time. Thankfully they're easy for me to handle.
That reply kinda made me laugh. I know i hate myself for it but it was kinda funny.
I'm good at making people laugh. Glad I can add you to the list of people I've entertained. :)

But yeah, a lot of it happens behind the scenes. I banned someone just a few days ago because they were messing with image ratings.
Sometimes I'm detecting those roughnecks before you! :p
otaku_emmy said:
I'm good at making people laugh. Glad I can add you to the list of people I've entertained. :)

But yeah, a lot of it happens behind the scenes. I banned someone just a few days ago because they were messing with image ratings.
Konachan doesnt deserve to have a mod like you (actually it does). You are a really nice person and also you have been really helpful to me in understanding about a lot of stuff here on the site and also a lot about illustrations not just about what we are talking about in another thread but about what is acceptable and what is not on kona.
BattlequeenYume said:
Sometimes I'm detecting those roughnecks before you! :p
Yeah, if it weren't for Mattias noticing that one changed rating and you saying something about it, I wouldn't have known this person was trolling by changing explicit images to a safe and questionable ratings. Which is a big problem in particular with explicit images because it means those explicit images appear on the safe site.

ssagwp said:
Konachan doesnt deserve to have a mod like you (actually it does). You are a really nice person and also you have been really helpful to me in understanding about a lot of stuff here on the site and also a lot about illustrations not just about what we are talking about in another thread but about what is acceptable and what is not on kona.
Thank you very much for that. It's good to know I'm appreciated. Especially when I know some people don't like me or they insult me for no reason.
Understandable.
So I'm everyday on my watch to detecting those troublemaker. *salute*

There are some people who insult you? Can't understand that. Don't let them take you down, Emmy.
I've gotten much better about not addressing people when they're rude to me. It's better for my mental health and my reputation if I don't get triggered every time someone says something stupid to me.

"Water off a duck's back.", "Let it go.", etc.
I've going through this a lot too and the only thing is, that it makes you stronger.
Do you know the song "fighter" from Christina Aguilera? Really like the song, so powerful.
I have also dealt with stuff like that especially in college and it did not make it any better with a mental illness i had at that time and still have i been taking meds for it for like 6 or 7 years.
ssagwp said:
I have also dealt with stuff like that especially in college and it did not make it any better with a mental illness i had at that time and still have i been taking meds for it for like 6 or 7 years.
I know what you mean. I was bullied a lot so I have a natural fear of being judged. I also have GAD, and that makes my worrying over how people perceive me even worse.
otaku_emmy said:
I know what you mean. I was bullied a lot so I have a natural fear of being judged. I also have GAD, and that makes my worrying over how people perceive me even worse.
I have had Schizophrenia for the past 8 or so years and dealing with that and all the bullying i had in college was too much for me i had suicidal thoughts at one point and it was my dad who saved me from all of it. We first got me out of college (i never graduated and i am as the people here say illiterate) and i am now 26 yo and jobless and i dont have any qualifications for getting jobs or anything.