minabiStrikesAgain said:
When I first saw that "Favorite Problem" thread my initial impression was that it was a discussion prompt for people to share what their favorite problem(s) is. That would be silly. =)

Maybe I'll make one...
That sounds fun. Why not use the existing one?
EH will be shutting down at the end of 2020, ExH it's inaccessible, sad.
My sleeping problems persist.
It's 4:50 right now.
There is something terribly wrong with me.

RyuZU said:
EH will be shutting down at the end of 2020, ExH it's inaccessible, sad.
At least it's enough time for fans to copy most data to a different site.
Get someone to beat you until you lose consciousness.

I kid.
otaku_emmy said:
Get someone to beat you until you lose consciousness.

I kid.
I tried.
It doesn't work.

;)
traz64 said:
minabi said:
When I first saw that "Favorite Problem" thread my initial impression was that it was a discussion prompt for people to share what their favorite problem(s) is. That would be silly. =)

Maybe I'll make one...
That sounds fun. Why not use the existing one?
Well, if I use the existing one, we'll awkwardly have those three posts at the beginning which are unrelated. And if I make a new one, we'll awkwardly have another thread with a very similar name.

The solution would either be to edit the posts in the existing thread (using my super mod powers), to delete all but the first post and edit the first post, or to delete the thread entirely. I'd be in favor of deleting the current thread (since its purpose has either already been fulfilled or would ideally be conducted in a different thread as Peanut-san pointed out there already) and creating another rather than making an entire new topic in a thread that would ultimately still have its initial post by some user that didn't intend to make that topic.

Edit: I'm just waiting to figure out what my favorite problem is before I make the new thread.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
At least it's enough time for fans to copy most data to a different site.
Yeah, it's over 40 TB of files.
RyuZU said:
Yeah, it's over 40 TB of files.
Darn it.
minabiStrikesAgain said:
Edit: I'm just waiting to figure out what my favorite problem is before I make the new thread.
When you got too many hos but only one dick.
otaku_emmy said:
When you got too many hos but only one dick.
If males had as much dicks as chicks i could spy on all of femalekind and they wouldn't even notice. I would have to stay quiet, but it would work.
:I
Emiri-san said:
I'll still ban whoever it is doing it. We're not meant to do it, and it's annoying and not cute.
Just out of curiosity, how long would you have banned Peanut-san or I for if one of us had continued? o.o

Edit: Also, I'll have you know that it is objectively cute, even if it is also annoying. =)
minabiStrikesAgain said:
Just out of curiosity, how long would you have banned Peanut-san or I for if one of us had continued? o.o
INFINITY

(I hope not.)

minabiStrikesAgain said:
Also, I'll have you know that it is objectively cute, even if it is also annoying. =)
Science. The cutest thing there is. How can something as pure as that be annoying?
It violates the Comment Guidelines in at least one way - it breaks rule 12 (no double posting within 24 hours). Depending on the message content it could break other rules as well; I'd say that holding a conversation with oneself using two accounts is a form of roleplaying, which is prohibited by rule 2 (except in the Roleplaying Thread, where it would only violate rule 12 still).

I'd say that a ban is a bit much for a first moderation action taken against a user for Comment Guidelines violations of that level, but...
minabiStrikesAgain said:
It violates the Comment Guidelines in at least one way - it breaks rule 12 (no double posting within 24 hours). Depending on the message content it could break other rules as well; I'd say that holding a conversation with oneself using two accounts is a form of roleplaying, which is prohibited by rule 2 (except in the Roleplaying Thread, where it would only violate rule 12 still).

I'd say that a ban is a bit much for a first moderation action taken against a user for Comment Guidelines violations of that level, but...
If i don't double post or comment on myself it isn't a problem, but what about the hourly limit for commenting on posts?
(I was going to post this as an edit to my previous post but it got ninja'd) ban logic theory

++++++

@Peanut-san: I don't fully understand your question. Rule 12 of the Comment Guidelines isn't written with ideal clarity. Essentially what it means is, if you're the most recent poster on an image's comment thread or in a forum thread (yes, the entire Comment Guidelines apply to the forums too, even though they often address image comments exclusively in their text), don't make another post there without either 1. waiting for someone else to post first or 2. waiting at least 24 hours.
minabiStrikesAgain said:
@Peanut-san: I don't fully understand your question. Rule 12 of the Comment Guidelines isn't written with ideal clarity. Essentially what it means is, if you're the most recent poster on an image's comment thread or in a forum thread (yes, the entire Comment Guidelines apply to the forums too, even though they often address image comments exclusively in their text), don't make another post there without either 1. waiting for someone else to post first or 2. waiting at least 24 hours.
In the comments you have an hourly limit. I was talking about bypassing it.
(But i won't because i don't want emmy to ban me.)
Oh, I forgot about that. Well... I'm unsure if there is an official "rule" against commenting more than the hourly limit, since it would be silly to create a rule against doing something that the site programming already prevents people from doing. But if someone were to utilize a second account (which is already against the rules) in order to bypass other limits like that, I'd guess that most moderators would look more harshly upon such behavior and pass judgment accordingly.
minabiStrikesAgain said:
Well... I'm unsure if there is an official "rule" against commenting more than the hourly limit.
We should add it as one.
Just to be sure.
Just three days, probably.
Hello everybody!
I'm new here so please don't be too strickt.

I've just finished a simple script that downloads random images from konachan.com every day, so if you set this folder as wallpaper slideshow and add the script to autostart folder you could have new anime backgrounds each time you log in! I'm using it myself and It's amazing <3. Do you think it would be a good idea to share it for example on github so anybody could use it?

If this is a wrong topic or somebody has done this before I will delete this post and sorry then for interrupting discussion.
otsxe said:
Hello everybody!
I'm new here so please don't be too strickt.

I've just finished a simple script that downloads random images from konachan.com every day, so if you set this folder as wallpaper slideshow and add the script to autostart folder you could have new anime backgrounds each time you log in! I'm using it myself and It's amazing <3. Do you think it would be a good idea to share it for example on github so anybody could use it?
That's a great idea.
Does it work for konachan.net? I don't like to have explicit wallpapers on my pc. It feels a bit strange.

otsxe said:
If this is a wrong topic or somebody has done this before I will delete this post and sorry then for interrupting discussion.
You didn't interrupt us at all. Don't worry about it.

otsxe said:
So if you set this folder as wallpaper slideshow and add the script to autostart folder you could have new anime backgrounds each time you log in!
Could you explain in more detail?
Mr.peanutbutter said:
(...) I don't like to have explicit wallpapers on my pc. It feels a bit strange.
Why is that so?
Is there someone else who use the same PC as you? :>
BattlequeenYume said:
Why is that so?
Is there someone else who use the same PC as you? :>
If my friends come over and i boot up my pc, i don't want to have to explain why i have explicit content showing. It also just makes me uncomfortable.

Also, different accounts don't share wallpapers. Neither on windows or MacOS.
I don't use explicit wallpapers either, but I do like a bit of tiddy and ass and cameltoe on the screen from time to time.

Right now I'm using post #285686 as my wallpaper.
otaku_emmy said:
I don't use explicit wallpapers either, but I do like a bit of tiddy and ass and cameltoe on the screen from time to time.

I currently use post #179265.
I envy people with huge PC screens. I can only use smaller wallpapers with weird aspect ratios that I sometimes have to cut down to fit anyways.
otaku_emmy said:
I envy people with huge PC screens. I can only use smaller wallpapers with weird aspect ratios that I sometimes have to cut down to fit anyways.
I don't have such a big pc screen. I just grab a pic that i like and i smash it into the wallpaper section.
Doesn't it cut off parts of the image tho?
otaku_emmy said:
Doesn't it cut off parts of the image tho?
Since the left of it was white, it worked pretty well.
And even though it cut a little bit off off the right side, it isn't even noticeable.
Maybe i can make a screenshot of it tomorrow. (Might also be the day after.)
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I don't like to have explicit wallpapers on my pc. It feels a bit strange,
At first I didn't download explicit wallpaper because I thought it was strange, I was also afraid of someone finding out, but after I discovered pixiv and konachan it was just a matter of time before I started downloading.

Mr.peanutbutter said:
If my friends come over and i boot up my pc, i don't want to have to explain why i have explicit content showing. It also just makes me uncomfortable.
Use encryption, in the future I will start using it for precaution, at least in the wallpapers or anything anime related.
otaku_emmy said:

Me neither, for precaution, even if only I use the computer.
Currently I'm using post #170386.