This topic is locked.

[GIVEAWAY WINNER] Winner for the J-list Snack monthly giveaway! (May)
As last time all the participants were thrown in a list that was then randomized via random.org, via the same website I pulled a number between 1 and 11 (participants) which happened to be 3, and in the randomized list number 3 is ....

*Drum roll*

Artwork

He is one of our most active users covering the forum quota from my original post!

Congratulations!

http://i.imgur.com/56iTC1K.jpg

Please provide an accurate email, name and mailing address for your shipment in either a dmail to me or an email to [email protected] by 1st May 12:00 GMT+2 (noon). If the required information is not provided I will then draw another winner which will be given the same amount of time (roughly 24 hours) to reply back.

Information for next month's giveaway will be up on the forum by the end of the week (or early next week at the latest). I'm thinking a contest of some sorts... Thoughts? :o

As a reminder - a winner can not win another box for an year.

Congratulations once again!
Congrats Art. What's this like your third contest win?
TommyGunn said:
Congrats Art. What's this like your third contest win?
I actually feel kinda bad about it yeah.
Wish I had the same kind of luck outside of Konachan tho. That would be much more useful. At least I won't be able to enter anymore, ha ha. Gotta fill my sweet tooth just once with Japanese snacks.

I am pretty much awestruck by the fact that only 11 people entered.
And after every round the numbers might only decrease. But that's good for us regulars!
Congrats, Artwork. While I am...disappointed that I didn't win, it's still cool for you.

Let's hope the admins continue to give us this opportunity and that my luck will be better in the future.
Artwork said:
I actually feel kinda bad about it yeah.
Wish I had the same kind of luck outside of Konachan tho. That would be much more useful.
Well who knows, your luck might change from this very moment ^_^ And congrats! Enjoy them goodies.
dont think i should even be there, dont think i covered the post goal lol.
aradan said:
dont think i should even be there, dont think i covered the post goal lol.
I draw out of everyone, once I have a winner I check if he covers ANY of the quotas, if so he's good to go, if not I would have simply drawn another person. It's easier to check one or two people rather then 11.

In regards on low participants, I believe that is because of the quotas. We'll see how that changes as time goes on.
alaron said:
I draw out of everyone, once I have a winner I check if he covers ANY of the quotas, if so he's good to go, if not I would have simply drawn another person. It's easier to check one or two people rather then 11.
Yeah, i figured you would do it like that, so i didnt say anything till now
Congrats yet again Artwork, you lucky bastard. =D
Congrats Artwork! 1/11 chance is not bad. I wonder how next month will be.
Hey! Congratulations Artwork - hopefully your big bro will save you a few pieces and not munch down the whole lot while you are out delivering a car ;)

Edit:

Looking just at the number of people at least halfway to the threshold for tags and posts: ~35 people.

Suggests that the drawing should be somehow better advertised? A lot of people may not visit the forums.
Congratulations, Arty. That's all you're getting from me. O_o
alaron said:
Though that does skew the probabilities of winning slightly by including ineligible participants
Might be an idea to add some functionality to the profile pages. For the stats to have monthly totals as well as the existing all time totals...

Nevertheless, Congrats Arty :)
Stealthbird97 said:
Though that does skew the probabilities of winning slightly by including ineligible participants
Might be an idea to add some functionality to the profile pages. For the stats to have monthly totals as well as the existing all time totals...
The stats thing looks ok, but at the end of it, if there's 8 eligible participants, doesn't matter if there are 20 or 0 non eligible, cause it will bounce till one of the 8 wins.
Say there are 20 participants in the dataset assuming all are eligible.
The probability of winning is 1/20.
Now take the same set, but 2 are ineligible, however all are in the pot.
The statistics of winning would still be 1/20 which is unfair as the ineligible participants don't have a right to be in the draw in the first place. With the ineligible are removed the probability is now 1/18. Which means each eligible contestant has a greater chance of winning. Which would be on the whole fairer to those who are eligible.

Not trying to be a sore loser or anything...
Stealthbird97 said:
Say there are 20 participants in the dataset assuming all are eligible.
The probability of winning is 1/20.
Now take the same set, but 2 are ineligible, however all are in the pot.
The statistics of winning would still be 1/20 which is unfair as the ineligible participants don't have a right to be in the draw in the first place. With the ineligible are removed the probability is now 1/18. Which means each eligible contestant has a greater chance of winning. Which would be on the whole fairer to those who are eligible.
It's fair, everyone has the same chance, and you count 1/20, but (in that example) there's 2/20 chances of doing it again, so its 1/18, since, if one of those 2 get chosed, it's like a restart, till someone else comes out.
I don't like to be rude, but when someone posts a program/script like that, I just have to say something...

• This language clearly uses indentation to handle scope, so posting it here where the indentation is removed messes it up.
  • It's setting a variable to 100000, and using it to create a range of 100002. But in the end it's only dividing by 100000 so the program's result is slightly skewed.
  • Having to use a program like this to prove that the chances are 1/18....
congratz, arty! ;D you are one lucky bugger, lawl!
@Stealth
@Zolxys

Sorry about the fuss. :(
cant understand at all