...You're confusing me now. 3D CG is different than a 3D movie.

But neither of those have anything to do with our wallpapers.
We need a techie for this LOL. Lets leave it at this and say that the illustration i was asking about is not good enough to upload here.
Point is: the style of drawing depends on the artist, since no two artists draw the same unless they're professional copy artists. 3D, 2D discussions has no place for this image.

The chromatic effects in the image just ruin it. It is unnecessary and it makes it un-uploadable. It looks as if it's randomly thrown in there to give it an "effect".

The artist needs more practice on drawing faces. The deformations are too unbearable.

When uploading an image you have to think to yourself: would I ever use this as a wallpaper?
Analyzing only based on the artifacts,, all have artifacts, 2 have in excess (ID 73878010, 72969432 , and 2 have few (ID 73875575, 73858804, not enough to be deleted, I think the first and last will be deleted due to excess artifacts, but it's just my guess.

Here a comparison, png vs jpeg with 95/75/55% quality, as they are small images, compare them using programs like photoshop, it would be better to understand, the last 3 have artifacts due to the level of compression, the png is lossless.

PNG
JPEG 95%
JPEG 85%
JPEG 55%
To find artifacts it may be helpful to have a basic idea of the jpeg compression algorithm, specifically the DCT step and the quantization step of compression. DCT is a less relevant form of loss on modern systems, instead what we see these days is Quantization Compression, which throws out the sharp edges
I am guessing that this illustration is fine if jpeg artifacts are concerned but it needs waifu?
ssagwp said:
I am guessing that this illustration is fine if jpeg artifacts are concerned but it needs waifu?
Yes, but I'd recommend using 1.6x upscaling. It's gonna be pretty muddy and spludgy if you do it 2x.

And if the artifacts are heavy you can use "Medium" reduction instead of "Low".
ssagwp said:
Yeah but the linework, especially her left arm, is awful
ssagwp said:
is this just a lot of aliasing or is it just the style of the illustration? and i believe it doesnt have any jpeg artifacts.
Looks fine to me.
Anything from Cait is fine. The other one looks okay too.
I uploaded some illustrations from this. I didn't ask for the evaluation because I think all of them are fine apart from some being just a little short of the acceptable ratio but I think they can get accepted because they are not too small for waifu2x to be used.
I was just about to go through everything. I'm lucky that there's not a lot here today.