New mascot design discussion/suggestion
There have been talks that some of us wants to have a new mascot to character, an original character at that mind you.

Got a design want to share? Bring it up here or know someone that can do the work bring it up. Don't want change?

Voice your opinion on the matter.

This thread is for disscussion or/and possible suggestion from users of kona on the subject.
http://puu.sh/lYioa/d15d26e3e6.png
http://puu.sh/lYi9m/376fc3dc6a.png
http://puu.sh/lYi8h/3a1009038f.png

The ones that were made the first time this was suggested before that....thing got up there.

There's no exact final of her, all are slightly different but carry the same theme. Mirroring Kona's colors, love for cat girls ((at the time)) and attitudes the member have (At the time)). She is more Kona than that other thing is.
I love her, especially the last picture.
I like her as well, and just like the rest of you, I love the ears!
I don't mind either that Kona-san or the one currently in use, but I would be in support of something that the community had input in/on (which I believe the above suggested Kona-san was? before it was unilaterally rejected by Shuugo et al.), as well as something which was created specifically to represent Konachan (whereas I believe the current graphics for miss brown-haired shirakawa_kona-san were just an original artwork from the artist which was found and permissions arranged for us to use it).
Would be nice if people could come with alternative designs. Do however, like white haired neko konachan very much. And the colour pallets works well with konas sites overall.

But to be fair the attitude of the userbase haven't changed that much over the years xD
Catgirls rule, dogs drool :)
Kiho said:
Catgirls rule, dogs drool :)
It's true.

Last time this was suggested I fought it tooth and nail. This time I support it. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.
Who doesn't like cat girls /shrug.

Thing here is, I don't see any reason to change the avatar/mascot.
While I fully agree it should be something to represent Konachan, I feel like this is more of a thing which has been here since the last avatar change. Most people didn't really agree with it at that time, but alas the majority didn't win and we ended up with one most regulars weren't content with.
Now the people who voted for the current mascot all left (?) - so in that perspective it's not bad to change it. I just feel like it would be too bothersome to go through the whole procedure of getting a new one. Not even talking about monetary issue.

I mean honestly tho 90% of the time when you're browsing Konachan you don't even see the mascot.
Bring back Ruri! Hell yeah! Or Tenshi!
I like the idea of having an original character though.

I also noticed that new girl has heterochromia, which is very pretty.
The guys on Discord all know my standing on this. Personally, I think a change of the mascot would be a nice refreshing change.

I remember how the fans of my anime Facebook page loved it when I finally approved of a change of the mascot girl I'd chosen back when I created the page. After half a year my co-admin asked if we could change it.

We just need to agree whether we want kona-nyan from the above examples (I love her), or if we should think of an entire new design. I don't know if we have any members of the site with some anime drawing skill who could create some examples.

Then we need to find an artist to draw the final product(s). That depends heavily on what kind of drawing style we want. I love the idea of a catgirl, for that task I guess it should be someone with experience in drawing catgirls.

I don't know much about commissions but I don't mind donating 100$ to the cause, if needed.

Also, it would be great to hear Alaron's opinion on this :D
Once changed it shouldn't be changed again for a long while.
How about a foxgirl with twintails? XD
Out of curiosity who's the girl in the favicon because it doesn't look like shirakawa_kona. And if the mascot gets changed will that be changing as well?
I do agree it would be refreshing. Not going to link directly but a few of our other websites have mascots specifically created for the appropriate website. We commissioned an artist to do all of the artwork and they turned out great, all of the same style, yet tailored to the specific site. Would you guys care for something like that if it's an option? (I'm not saying it is or isn't, just trying to gauge interest). If you want me to link to the other sites feel free to ask me in a DM.
Yeah that's I think what most people want.
An artist who makes a mascot tailored to our wishes and idea's of Konachan.
Artwork said:
Yeah that's I think what most people want.
An artist who makes a mascot tailored to our wishes and idea's of Konachan.
Well a bit dated, that is why I brought up the old images, while I would love to use her and give her the chance she had taken away. The idea behind her should be the same. Her color palette should match Kona, her personality should match the over all personality of Kona and so on. That is why I hate the current one, and never saw her as the mascot of Kona, since she is just some random character that Shuugo liked way back when. She represents nothing about Kona other than she's a anime girl.
Long hair. Point.
What if she was a domineering, albino squirrel girl (since we're nuts, lel) with one red eye and an eyepatch?
That's straight donut steel-tier, Emmy.
Cade said:
That's straight donut steel-tier, Emmy.
1. Once again, I had to look that up. I'm bad with memes.

and

2. I don't even see how that would apply to what I said.
otaku_emmy said:
1. Once again, I had to look that up. I'm bad with memes.

and

2. I don't even see how that would apply to what I said.
I think he means you came up with an original character, deviant art tier.
Had to dig it up myself. But something to do with people writing 'Original Character - Do not steal' under their furry art. (Do not steal ~ Donut steal).
I guess he groups you with them deviant art peeps.
Artwork said:
I think he means you came up with an original character, deviant art tier.
Well excuse me for being free thinking.

Had to dig it up myself. But something to do with people writing 'Original Character - Do not steal' under their furry art. (Do not steal ~ Donut steal).
Yeah, I Googled it too.

I guess he groups you with them deviant art peeps.
Then he needs to fuck off. ;p
otaku_emmy said:
Then he needs to fuck off. ;p
That really sums up all of our interactions.
Cade said:
I don't dislike you though.
An ice queen. Long white hair. Heterochromatic eyes of red and black. Full breasted.
♥(✿ฺ´∀`✿ฺ)ノ
Cade said:
Ever considered your way of interaction with us her is at fault :)?
I'm not fussed.

I dig Cuda's suggestion. It's distinctive without trying too hard to be original(i.e. an eyepatch).
Cade said:
I dig Cuda's suggestion. It's distinctive without trying too hard to be original(i.e. an eyepatch).
Yeah, I liked that one too. The first response I posted here was that I liked that one. =_=

And, FYI, eyepatches on anime girls are kewl. (Especially if it's covering a magical or otherwise enhanced eye.)