Unofficial Desktop Clien - Update
This app as been going for a while but not with a big following, I have to admit I let the software die, I walked away from most software that reply on 3ed party services, but I had a few emails and also a few messages on here about it, I got a new PC so everything was deleted but on a USB drive I found a 2x alpha it was a few versions down from what I gave out to the last lot of people that asked for it but I fixed that.

I am sorry I never released the 2x versions to the public, but I have cleaned up the last version, I added a patch for the API, so it works again, the 2x version was a more is less, so many of the silly options was removed, now you view, download, view collection and delete.

It still offers you a limit the rating and you can search more then one tag lets say Lucky Star+Blue, you don't need a underscore in names but you do need a plus to split the tags up.

I am willing to take ideas, but I am not going to promise anything, this update was a fix, clean up and also release as I forgot to do all that, with it, it also adds a patch for the API http bug.

(url updated to 2.0.0.7 Alpha)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2ru4w82t14oii6/KonSetup.zip

This as only been tested on my PC Windows 10, and the friends PC whom created the installer Windows 7.

The software was aimed to the image lover, so I never researched included any of the pools/comments/forum and so on,

I am willing to do more work on this but only if we have a good idea what no other booru apps do, this is dedicated to Konachan and
always will, I tried a multi booru in the past and since all the different apis and update kept braking it so I dropped that idea for good.

All images are saved in User Documents / Kingfisheranime.

I am open to all feedback good and bad but please make it tactful :) this app is not the best but people must like it if they keep pushing me to patch it or release it again.

Also I no longer support Facebook so updates at this time will be via here and via request.
Kingfisheranime said:
... you can search more then one tag lets say Lucky Star+Blue, you don't need a underscore in names but you do need a plus to split the tags up.
Here's a list of tags containing a +.
Zolxys said:
Here's a list of tags containing a +.
Thanks Zolxy, I will need to update the code to support that I over looked that, I will change it to comers, or something else to split them up, no one as ever asked me about +'s before, also do you have a list of blocked tags, I want to block them software side so it will never send a request in the first place for banned or unsupported nasty tags.

Thanks for the reply, I am sure the + bug wont be a problem for most users, far as I know only 4 or 5 people use it, but it gives me something to do on rainy days lol

I did forget to state it does need a minimum of IE 11 installed on the host computer as its the only one that supports the css/js needed for the image to work right, I know most people use win 7 up these days but I thought I should say.

I will start patching the app but wont release anything until I get a little feedback.

##EDIT##
I have found the problem is not my code but rather the wget I was using seems the one I was using was from 1999, pretty old and it didn't like converting the + it just removed them.

Also Image viewer already supports multi tags, I not looked in to my tag code for almost 5 years ago, to do multi tags you need to do it like so.

EG: Lucky Star, Blue (so it's [word][,][space][word]) with the new wget the + will also work.

I will be updating the old wget soon and a little tweak in the search code. so you can update your own wget or just wait for a update.
Nice job on the app, works fine for me.
Dummy said:
Nice job on the app, works fine for me.
Thanks Dummy, it only affects when searching with + so this is why I have not pushed a update yet :)
Right lets do this again shall I lol

Here we have version 2.0.0.7 Alpha, this hope should be the last alpha, I happy with my code base now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2ru4w82t14oii6/KonSetup.zip

I forgot last time to zip it, some AV's are moodly and some browsers are moodly so it added the setup in zip this time.

Little note, uninstall the old version first, I installed it over the old one and it messed up images not sure why, but uninstalling it and installing it fixed it.

I have tested it with +'s in the search and more then on tag with comma space "tag, tag, tag" and it seemed to work.

Also I forgot about the mouse controls I added to it, last image here

http://imgur.com/a/f6six
Just to let you guys know, this is the last version of Konachan only versions, I had a few people hack and slash the URL to include other versions moeboorus, so I am going to make it so you can add other sources, NOT all at the same time, each source will respect the site your using at the time, so Konachan will only pull konachan source when that source is used.

I have recreated/recreating the dashboard so now it will have mini app like icons where you you click it it will change the logo for the search, then you press search like you would before, the site viewer and collection will be the same maybe with a few UI changes, long as the API is Json related the mini apps will enable you to set the id, tag, sample, preview and full url of the file. it will come preloaded with Konachan as this is where the software started, but already tested with a few other Moe's and it seems to work fine, its always been hit and miss on den's even tho times the returns the same I get a few problems, not sure what but it's possible.

I have no time scale on the new version, I have renamed it code name Booru Box and App name MoeBooru XL only reason I did this change is a few so called friends that use it hack it to use URL's I would never support, and I been really ill the last few days so I needed something to keep myself sane while stuck in bed.

Sadly some of the options I am using right now are close source, I paid for the OCX/dll/plugins what can't be given out in there none complied form, I might be able to provide source and make people download/buy the other stuff they need to compile, no promise there.
Hey guys, I would like to know where I could go and talk about the update to this app, I seen a few that out there on windows 10 and the google apps what are just browsers with save options and I can mimic some of these options but I don't really want to clone the website like they do, so I like to talk to people and see what they want to offer.

Upload and account stuff I think should always be done on the website so I wont offer that kind of options but part from that I like to see what people want, I already have the search view and download options and from what people use it for it seems to do its job, I have already had over 50 downloads but no feedback and this is why I always think this app is dead until I get 100's of emails to kingfisheranime's email address saying they want to download again.

So I like to be able to have a open discussion with users and followers of the app rather then get loads of emails and then update it, if I can follow the users and update when it needs it, it might not get lost for so long where I forget code or need to relearn it lol

The new update will support other moe's but the default is still Konachan, so if you have a idea or know where we can push this convo to then tell me.
Adding a link to a discussion thread in the application would be a good idea. You can create update threads here, if Kona-chan will be the main target of the application.

Also, when you post an update, make sure to include the list of changes and fixes.

Just my five cents.
Dummy said:
Adding a link to a discussion thread in the application would be a good idea. You can create update threads here, if Kona-chan will be the main target of the application.

Also, when you post an update, make sure to include the list of changes and fixes.

Just my five cents.
What do you mean add a link to a discussion thread? Do you mean include a link to this thread so when the user looks at it it will point to this update post so people can check updates?
if so I can do that via the source config so each site as its own update feed if they want to maintain it.

But that would be a good idea, the update at the moment known as moebooru xl when first downloaded will only include Konachan as it was first created for this site, a few people have hacked it in the past to support there own boorus using the same API layout for moebooru, so I going to add a option and tutroal so people can add there own boorus even tho I don't agree with them or suppor them, I also might be changing the Image viewer as I having more problems with IE DLL's even windows 10 uses the older IE 8 DLL's for the activeX, I can change this to use 11 in reg but older computers that still are used without 11 can't be used.

I am not sure yet It's one of them things if I going to do a big update what this will be I would like to get peoples ideas on it and try get people who use it what they must be or they like asking for a app and then leaving it in there download folder lol

Also all the basic Updates are posted in the thread but more details are included in the change log within the app so I don't over flood the site with information you already get when you get the app.

I guess the fuel for any app I made in the past has ran out and I was able to update the app to work with the new changes to the booru, I guess I just need more input from people actively rather then been pestered when it stops working without people even telling me they are using it lol.

The user that asked for it here via PM seems to not even come back after I updated it and also replied to them it was updated lol, I don't mind as it has got downloads so people did want the update but I just rather have some feedback I guess, I never made this app for me.

I have no idea how to include images here to posts here for ideas I might have so that is reason I asked if anyone know of a site I could use what they follow what might be better to have people have there say.

I don't know lol the software does work and its clear it has a following, I guess I put it down because not much feedback or I just don't see it been useful lol I was going to again add the add to background but programming that for each windows version makes it buggy.

I could also just be over thinking lol

The forum post tho for source I will add, like the konachan one will point here I think and it will be configurable/editable, well I will add it to a todo/maybe list I do want to move to the updated idea but if its not needed/wanted I wont waste my time and the user times on a update that's not wanted.
I downloaded your application and tested it a bit. Personally I wouldn't have any reason to use it instead of the Konachan website in a web browser, but I'll share my feedback regardless...

Attempted clarification of Dummy's suggestion

Proofread and revised version of the ToS shown during installation

Fixing some typos

Interface optimizations

Image zoom settings

That's all for now. Thank you for your work. \o/
minabiTestAccount said:
I downloaded your application and tested it a bit. Personally I wouldn't have any reason to use it instead of the Konachan website in a web browser, but I'll share my feedback regardless...

Attempted clarification of Dummy's suggestion

Proofread and revised version of the ToS shown during installation

Fixing some typos

Interface optimizations

Image zoom settings

That's all for now. Thank you for your work. \o/
First, epic testing there minabiTestAccount, the installer was not created by myself so when I get around to sorting that out I fix that mostly.

The app like I said is not for everyone lol it is better to use the website even in my eyes, the UI will be fully changing if I update it to moebooruxl, I left this tool very much the same over the years because this is what people have asked for, the zoom option might be possible with java scripting as the images are all pulled from konachan in a mini browser for images, this means it does not have to download them to then save them later.

I think I been using them same images for many years I never got around to making my own and never really had the effort to do so, but if someone wants to create replacements I be happy to add them, the typo's can be fixed in the updates.

I can add a button or link saying comment and more, view in browser or something on them lines, and including the forum link is also possible well very easy really, just a new tab near the change log and about called Discussion should do nicely.

I am still not sure how I want to take this so I am glad you all commenting, it will help the push to the next stage.