Where you advertise is always important. We're (hopefully) not talking about advertising on sites without any over overlap in interests with our target member base.

How hard this place is to find will depend on your methods and whether or not you're looking for something. For people that normally just frequent the same few sites (which may be more common than you think) finding this place would require hearing about it on one of their sites.

I was in to anime long before I found this place. Well, to be fair, I was into anime long before this place existed... But anyway, I didn't hear about in on any of the anime related sites I frequented. I had to find it by getting fed up with the **** images I was finding on other wallpaper sites and searching hard for a better option.

Even now, if you Google "anime wallpapers", you have to go to the fourth page of results to find this site.

But yes, bringing in a lot of new members will of course bring in a lot of problems.

Anyway, I assume slayerduck has already considered the idea of advertising his various sites and has possibly even tried it with one or two to test it out. If he's not currently doing it, he probably doesn't think it's worth it..